GT7 [Completed] Bathurst Tribute - 2023

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Apex_64, Sep 19, 2023.

1. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
  2. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Thanks @Apex_64 for organizing this tonight. I didn't think I had a chance so just stroked it and found that worked better than pushing.
    Stew Wilson and Apex_64 like this.
  3. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64
    Thanks everyone for turning up and making it great nights racing.
    Apologies to anyone anyone I got wrong in the handicapping.
    Congrats to Emmo, Stew, and ADZA, for the podium and for conning the handicapper;).
    Seriously though, great drives all of you, and especially Emmo, you never cease to amaze me.
    Thanks again to all, and hope to see you all again at Bathurst next year.
    emmo46 and Stew Wilson like this.
  4. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64
    Your wife helped you with strategy? :p
    Hatfield and emmo46 like this.
  5. ADZA_85

ADZA_85 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    ADZA_85
    Great racing from everyone. Was an enjoyable event even though for the most part i had nothing but air in front of me. Definately seen the field start to compact later in the race, and i got lucky with cars ahead making erros, pitting or tangling with each other. Still, was a lap or 2 more away from 1st place, and ran out of fuel on the finish line.

Thank Apex for organising and congrats to emmo for the win!

Link to my live stream https://www.twitch.tv/adza85
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2023
  6. Thefat111

Thefat111 Rookie

PSN ID
    Thefat11
    Thanks for allowing me to enter.
    I wasn't meant to start 1st, so that was a shock.
    Starting first means I was expected to finish last, correct?
    So 2nd last was a good result I guess.
    Bad luck Britz, you kept narrowing the time but then dropping back. I did well to not make any serious errors in the last 10 laps or so.
    I had 2 bad errors around lap 14 and 15, the rest of the race was pretty clean. Sorry to whoever I effected in those accidents.
    Frustrating that I could hear you guys, but you couldn't hear me. I muted and unmuted many times to no avail
    Apex_64 and Beats143 like this.
  7. Beats143

Beats143 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Beats143
    I had muted you my end as the static was very loud my end, so sorry I had to do that. Hope you still enjoyed the race and the challenge of the highs and lows of the mountain:)
    Apex_64 likes this.
  8. Beats143

Beats143 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Beats143
    Great drive last night @emmo46 congrats. Well done also to @Stew Wilson and @ADZA_85
    I couldn’t seem to achieve practice times during the race with a best of 2.03.5 v previous best of 2.2.250. Had plenty of clear track time, so not sure why, maybe tried to hard. Anyway, enjoyed the event and appreciate all the effort from @Apex_64. Thanks mate. See you out there next season. Let’s GET some
    emmo46, Apex_64 and ADZA_85 like this.
  9. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Thanks, I watched the replay and have to comment on the performances of @ADZA_85 and @CaptainRisky21, the way they carved through the field over the last half dozen laps is awe inspiring and humbling.
    Your comment about trying too hard rings true with me. Thursday night I went online with @Apex_64 and ADZA after watching the replays from earlier in the week and looking to see where I could gain time. I pushed hard where I knew they were quicker and the results were terrible. I sulked off and contemplated my navel for a while and realized the cutting, Forest Elbow and McPhillamy Park were my touch points. I couldn't match the quick guys through there and all attempts resulted in horrific understeer at the two tight corners and probable crash at the fast bit. I decided to settle for my occasional high 3s and consistent mid 4s and hope that I could be up front somewhere at the end if I kept it on track.
    The key I think to my win was never actually getting caught up in a train of traffic, @Ozglenn spun just as I was getting close and then I somehow came out ahead of @Easyprey007 and @boneslightning at the first round of stops. @Thefat111 let me through by backing off and giving me a clear run into turn 1 instead of contesting it (thanks) and then there was only @Savage_Duck_75 ahead during the remainder of the second stint and the first half of the third stint. All the while the faster guys were yoyoing behind me with different guys behind me gaining a little and then dropping back so I was never really threatened from behind. Early in the second stint I could see a train of cars behind easyprey and was very glad not to be in there.
    I managed to get by Savage without time loss as I got a good tow down Conrod to set my best time to that point and to get within striking distance and then a good exit from turn one and another tow up Mountain Straight to take the lead into turn two. From there I scratched out a small lead and I could see a pack closing in on him so knew the job wasn't done yet.
    My first three stints were 5, 9, and 9. On each stop I only put in 89% where others filled up so that gave me a couple of 10ths but I knew at the last stop they wouldn't need as much so I was wary. It was a pressure stop for me and when I pressed the stop fueling button I thought I had underfilled and panicked, that led to me cocking up pit exit and getting a 3 second penalty. I thought Fark, I've blown it. There were cars ahead that still had to stop and risky coming up quick behind me, I started short shifting but realized as I came onto Conrod that the 84% I put in was actually an overfill as the last stint was only 8 laps. The penalty on Conrod allowed risky through and that worried me even though he was due for a stop.
    Once those ahead had stopped I was in 2nd behind duck again as he came out of the pits and worried there wasn't enough laps left to catch him again. I closed quickly over the mountain and when we got on Conrod I could see he also had a pit penalty and that put me back in the lead with a few seconds gap to Duck.
    With about 5 to go @Stew Wilson got up into 2nd behind me, recovering from some early set backs. I knew he was faster and started to worry, I concentrated and started to do mid 3s so that he only gained marginally for a couple of laps and things were looking good. On lap 29 I did a 3.6 and was pleased until I realized he had gained a full second and at that rate would be all over me on Conrod for the last lap. I concentrated really hard on braking points and turn in points and did my best lap of 3.3 on the next lap, Stew had a ragged lap of 4.2 to be back where he had been two laps before and that left me a comfortable last lap.
    Thanks @Apex_64 for the hard work and I think your handicaps were pretty good, My clean run was the key where as others suffered various setbacks or were held up. I lost a second in my only on track error, touching the wall on the right out of the dipper but it was only a glance and the damage didn't really slow me much.
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2023
  10. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64
    I know the handicaps were very close. I knew every change in placings, every major error via live commentary.
    The live commentary from a very inebriated mate was why I did not come into the chat.
    He was over for Bathurst, stayed for our race, fed me beers and gave a running update on everything, usually in a braking zone lol.
    Mispronounced every name intentionally, had me crying laughing and no hope of putting 1 lap together let alone a race. It was probably my most enjoyable race ever though and I was absolutely crap
  11. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    Appreciate it mate, congrats on a very consistent drive, deserving of the win in the end. My 3 second penalty for a pit entry cut didn't matter in the end, but i was definitely upset at myself at the time
  12. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I could see on the replay you were held up quite a bit.
    CaptainRisky21 likes this.
  13. ADZA_85

ADZA_85 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    ADZA_85

re-race? :)

Kudos to @CaptainRisky21 on performance. You took time out of me even with your 3 second penalty.
    Beats143 and CaptainRisky21 like this.
  14. Thefat111

Thefat111 Rookie

PSN ID
    Thefat11
    No problem man. I figure there's no point risking stuffing up both our corners or getting slammed into the wall going up the hill because I had the outside line