CAR FOR SEASON 10

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Dec 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zampli

zampli Team Driver

Agree with most of those things anon. Last night we tested the 135 tii, M3 and S2000.
    The S2000 and 135 definitely felt too slow i think. M3 was alright, but like you said, a bit understeery and can get loose quite easily.
    For me, the only things I'd seriously consider are the C63, 350Z and the M3.
    From memory, the C63 can be a bit difficult to tame, so like you said might not be the best considering all divisions. Might try it on SS, see how that goes.
    350Z just feels great, very planted and yeah, probably similar to last season.
    And I just don't like the Alfa LOL.
  2. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Thanks for the feedback guys......

for me the s2000 was just TOO SLOW !! was balanced on the SH, but again, just not enough excitement to race in a league. Good for shuffle races though !!!

The 135 BMW was geared too long as anon said, not great to drive but was OK....

M3, felt pretty good to me, high reving engine, gear changes felt good, would be happy with this

Willl try to test some of the others tonight.....Interested to see the pace of the mazdas, think they would be a bit like the FT86 that we raced in season 8.......

Iv driven the merc before, loved it, but it was tuned off its tits and over tyred !!!!

Love the sound of that and the Alfa....havent driven the 350z in a long time but all the gran turismo Nissan's tend to be very grippy and stable with a bit of grunt.....

Lets see if we cant get it down to 3 cars tonight for everyone to try over the xmas new year break so we can make a call on about the 7th january, then we can marry up the tracks...
  3. ENFORCER_98

ENFORCER_98 Lead Foot Boffin

PSN ID
    ENFORCER_98
    no when the post was first put up there was only 1 car the 69' camaro showing i mustve viewed it as it was first posted... i said LOL FAIL because i thought the forum or stu had missed all the others
  4. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Did a bit more testing last night guys and just need to test the mazdas now....

At this stage my top 3 would be (in no particular order)

1. BMW M3. good car, very stable and engine revs well

2. Gran Turismo 350Z, great car, VERY stable, and predictable, nimble enough to race in a pack

3. C63 Merc, sounds great, is fast and a bit taily....good fun to drive, downside is its weight so not as nimble and might be some heart break racing close...bit like trying to stop a cruise liner !!!!

All were tested on sport hards or meds with wear and fuel on NORMAL.....
  5. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Alright guys, ran the last few cars last night and stuff me i fell in love with the RX7....

To be honest i was unsure after the Pagnian comp, but i reckon in standard trim its an absolute cracker of a car to run the season in....Its fast, Its nimble, doesn't kill its tires, revs well, is planted, and for a car on SH tires turns in REALLY well.

With the grids looking full i think it ticks all the boxes to race close in a pack....

So for me the 3 cars i think everyone needs to try are......( in my opinion !!)

1. Mazda RX7 Spirit R Type A (466 PP) http://i44.tinypic.com/ix6ty8.jpg

2. BMW M3 coupe '07 (488 PP) http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2010/46/1290303787-circuit_de_la_sarthe_2009-0d99131068.jpg

3. Gran turismo 350Z RS (500 PP) http://i44.tinypic.com/2pzk6lz.jpg

All were tested on either SH or SM with the wear rate on NORMAL. I think this will change to FAST for the series so we get close to the 1 stop or no stop strategy that was preferred by most in the initial poll.

Have a run in them and let me know what you think so i can set a poll up in the next week. If you think another car needs to be added please speak up !!

Cheers
    Stu
  6. cjmonkey610

cjmonkey610 Rookie

350z for me..
  7. hsv_butters

hsv_butters Ash Gold Member

PSN ID
    hsv_butters
    I'd have to go 350z too.
  8. ENFORCER_98

ENFORCER_98 Lead Foot Boffin

PSN ID
    ENFORCER_98
  9. beannie84

beannie84 Rookie

PSN ID
    beannie84
    i dont mind, i had a go at the rx7 tonight and i like it, just like stu - but the 350z is also nice.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.