GT5 The Nurburgring (200) 500 kms and Enduro Series.

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by SEIDO463, Jun 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mmm_homebrew

mmm_homebrew harry

PSN ID
    mmm_homebrew or GT_BANDIT_POPS
    i must say thanks for the race seido, shame it rained the whole time but _hit happens. unfortunately i had a very good setup for dry and the wrong tyres at the start. 14+ min first lap nearly killed me. i dont mind rain or a challenge so i stayed and even got in beau's way for the last lap or so. hope i can make it for the next one, dont mind the 'ring. have you ever considered eifel circuit? it has weather/time change capability. i find it a good flowing track with the odd suprise. even more interesting would be home made tracks posted for all to share a week or two before an event. just thought i'd throw that out there for comment.
  2. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    Thanks for coming to the race Brew. Glad you enjoyed the race! I did.

Good idea there mate. I'm going to use the track creator for a couple rounds for my 501Make series but didn't actually think about that for this enduro series.

The next Enduro will be at Suzuka. Heavy damage, dry race. Not sure on a date at the moment but another few weeks I think... it will give enough time for the word to get out and drivers to prep/test their machines!
  3. FloodSim

FloodSim Rookie

PSN ID
    FloodSim
    The thing that turned me off initially from entering this was you were planning a 3 hour race, which was too long for me.
    When did it change to a simple hour enduro?

If you are aiming for a 1-1.5hr race then I will probably join in too.
  4. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    This was a 1hr test version of it as I had posted previously.
    I'm working on this as an Enduro series, multiple tracks, race lengths and so on. But my main focus is still to hold a 3hr race on The Ring.

After doing the test 1hr race on the weekend I got some good feedback from the drivers. This will help to make the 3 hr race a better experience.
  5. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    The entrants of The Nurburgring 200.
    These shots are cut off on the right side after uploading to this page. How does it look from your guys end??

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  6. Barra333

Barra333 Rookie

PSN ID
    barra333
    Nice photos Seido. I can see all of the cars.
    Look at that nice shiny red Chevy before I spent an hour and a half trying to hit every piece of armco in a 20km radius. :( Is there an in-game trophy for that?
  7. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    Thanks Barra. I'm going to work on some more pictures from this race during the week.. stay tuned! haha
  8. beau261

beau261 Beau

PSN ID
    beau261
    pics look great. lol at chevwah's car
  9. M1K1_D

M1K1_D Miki D

If you want an enduro with a difference, change into the Toyota 7, change time to night and do laps in the dark. A car with no headlights is 'interesting' to do a laps in. (12 min per lap) :D
  10. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

Yeah the lack of headlights became apparent just before we started. I'm such a knob sometimes.
  11. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

you whould have been cold and wet 2 Chev
  12. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

13. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    Here's a few pics from a warm up session on Sunday morning...
    More to come soon!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  14. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    Some more pics from the warm up...
    [​IMG]
    Having a good spin here. Must have gone around 3-4 times, both front end and back end just missing the armco. Drove away without damage lol

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  15. M1K1_D

M1K1_D Miki D

Are we required to keep using our same cars? (With exception to those without lights and stuff) :lol:
    Any idea how frequently you want to run these enduro's?
  16. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    lol no, each race is open to run any car u want to run.

I'm thinking one race every 3-4 weeks. what do u think?

Also, I'm regularly updating the first page of this thread with new details.
  17. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Sounds good Seido. Yea I sorta counted on the fact that we could run a different car, the old XJ13 isn't really competitive, I just ran it in the practice round for fun.

It was good fun, but hard to keep on the road. With MR drivetrain over 600BHP and less than 1000kg the level of traction is relatively low for the given PP. And it was even harder in the wet!

That picture of the headlights on the smoke is coo'.
  18. GTDutch

GTDutch Rookie

PSN ID
    GTP_Dutch
    Hey guys, i'd love to get involved in this when it happens. It will be a good excuse for practicing the full suzuka as well as i dont get on it near enough and still need to work on my driving lines for those 2 corners before the back straight (it never seems like im going fast enough or just way too fast and into the sand).

I assume its just a join in and race event right- i.e. no season table .... just might be hard to make these extended races on a consistent basis.

Also, are the tyre specifications a requirement or a maximum i.e- could a Div 2 driver use RH if he wanted to?
  19. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    Hey dutch, yea mate one more on the grid would be great. We had 11 make the start last race.
    I love Suzuka but haven't been on it much lately, looking forward to the next endure there.
    And yes, each race is it's own event. They will be roughly 3-4 weeks apart.
    Div2 drivers can use race hard tires if they want but not RS tyres.

I think I'll be doing some prac at Suzuka this weekend.
  20. mmm_homebrew

mmm_homebrew harry

PSN ID
    mmm_homebrew or GT_BANDIT_POPS
    every 3 - 4 weeks would suit me fairly well. that way the missus won't get the _hits with me so much. next round suzuka?
    [i hate that track] oh well i guess i'll have to get some practice in. at least it won't rain ;)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.