GT5 The Nurburgring (200) 500 kms and Enduro Series.

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by SEIDO463, Jun 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    I'll have to withdraw from the series until further notice. Sorry fella's. :(
  2. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    It's such a shame Koastr, sorry about it mate.

To all others who wish to enter Round 3 on the 5th of November, can you please let me know.

Thanks!
  3. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Not sure i understand or like the point system. I win by 20 seconds and have a .48 point lead, i come second by 30 seconds and have a .79 gap to the leader, thats a .31 point drop for 10 seconds less than my win, shouldn't it be at least .24 points as .48 is .24 per 10 seconds. Not complaining i didn't expect to be up the top at all, just not sure i understand this point system enough.
    I hope you do get a Ps3 back up and running for the next one Koaster.
  4. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

Seems a bit funky bonus. Ima look into that.
  5. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    If you guys have any suggestions on how to improve the points table based on time please go ahead :)

When setting up this series I had the idea of making it time based then Koastr helped me out with the idea
    of the percentage system. Thanks to him for looking after that.
  6. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Thanks for the support re: buglary bonus. Cheers.

The points difference is becuase the total race times for the leader were different, by about 6mins = 360s, which is almost 10%.

The round at Suzuka was a longer race than at HSR. So even if you were only the same 20s behind me at HSR as I was behind you at Suzuka, I would still have a points advantage for gaining the same split advantage over a lesser race time.

So for my second place I was awarded 99.53pts, and for yours you were awarded 99.21, which is simply our race time as a percentage of the leaders total race time (in seconds). If say you'd finished just 5s behind at HSR your score would be 199.87 vs my 199.53.

In an extreme example, it's obviously more difficult to gain a 30s advantage over a 10min race than it is to do so over a 1hr long race. So this points system is adjusting time difference accordingly as a proportion of the overall race length since it's impossible to ensure that each race is exactly the same length.

Hope that makes sense and you don't feel hard done by. Feel free to check my calcs for any mistakes, but I've got it in a excel spreadsheet now so it should be pretty spot on. This system also accomodates missing/dropping your worst round alot easier than a raw time based system.

If there's any suggestions to improve the points system fire away. ;) I can send the spreadsheet to anyone who wants to have a fiddle, but it's a pretty basic hand calc if you're just checking points for one or two drivers.
  7. FloodSim

FloodSim Rookie

PSN ID
    FloodSim
    Makes sense to me Koastr.

My only criticism is there is hardly any span in the points calculation; looking at the last race, 1st place gets 100pts, 10th place gets 96.1pts, thats only a difference of 3.9pts.

The system is fair, I have no complaints with that, but why have such a small span of points? Perhaps it would "feel" more correct if less points were awarded for finishing further down the field; to make use of the entire 100pt range.
    As it is it's easy to think that a good placing isn't really awarded because the guy in last was given only slightly less points.

EDIT:
    Unless of course your aim for the scoring system is to award people for finishing the race, rather than dropping out etc.
    i.e. the guy who does the ful 60laps and wins gets 100points, but the guy who pulled out after 2laps only gets 1 or 2 points.
  8. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

No its fine i just didn't understand how it all worked must have missed your interpretation earlier. Just looked funny having fractions of a point seperating the field. I was 40 seconds ahead in the first race till a back marker lapped driver decided to give me a race on the last lap and we both had an off but thems the breaks.
  9. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    It's not so much what position you finish but the time it takes to finish the race.
    And I think the point system is good. It's keeping the field close, so every second counts when it's race time.
  10. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    I could look at subtracting the lowest score [less one point] from each of the points. So the driver who comes last scores zero 1 point, and the points range there-after is less so 'feels' more correct drivers then spread more evenly across the perceived range. Let me have a look at this and get back to you. - [edited so last gets 1pt to distinguish from 0pts for DNS]

Definitely think there's an aim to award points for finishing as opposed to dropping out. But also account for those who don't quit but don't cross the line before the time runs out. On a raw time basis system they would have no time to submit and effectively score zero.
  11. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

No don't change it and make it harder to administer, its fine now i know its all about the time you finish races spread across all the races of different lengths. Its better than putting down time difference as it takes into account the length of a race. I shouldnt have started this without reading earlier posts on the scoring system for timed races thing.
  12. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    No worries Bonus. It's good to revisit now that we see how it's panning out. But as for the tight span, such is the nature of time based scoring on long races. OK I'll leave as is. If there's any suggestions as we go along fire away.
  13. FloodSim

FloodSim Rookie

PSN ID
    FloodSim
    Yeah I wouldn't worry about it too much Koastr; it works how it is. And it's quite smart i reckon.

I'm not trying to get you to rework anything, just discussing the system. No need to go changing things.
  14. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    So again if you all could kindly put your name down if you want to race in Round 3 it would be appreciated.
    If it looks like there won't be much of a turn for a particular round then it's better to move it to another date to get more drivers involved. The further ahead I put it down on the calendar the better...know what I mean? lol
  15. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

I'm good for round 3 atm Seido.
  16. KILLADRIFT

KILLADRIFT New Recruit

17. Aza2672

Aza2672 Aron Baker Gold Member

PSN ID
    AB_Saints_25 (Formerly Aza2672)
    yeah I'm in for round 3 just need to sort out whether I'm going to use the Corvette or the Camaro I will do some testing this time and I'll let you know:cool:
  18. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

I's in and its in me planner.
  19. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    Good stuff guys! :)
  20. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    A new car class has been added to the GWES Car List: (Only for the final round at De La Sarthe)

Laps: TBA
    BHP: TBA
    *Only 2 reservations of one car will be taken*

LMP/GTP

* S Audi R8 Team Joest Le Mans '01
    * S Audi R8 PlayStation Team Oreca Le Mans '05
    * P Audi R10 TDI Le Mans '06
    * S Bentley Speed 8 '03
    * S BMW V12 LMR '99
    * S Pescarolo C60 Hybrid-Judd PlayStation Le Mans '05
    * S Pescarolo C60 Hybrid-Judd GV5 Playstation Le Mans '04
    * S Pescarolo C60 Courage Peugeot Playstation Le Mans '03
    * P Peugeot 908 Hdi FAP Team Oreca Matmut '10
    * P Peugeot 908 HDi FAP Team Peugeot Total '10
    * S Toyota GT-One Race Car (TS020) '99

Along with:

GT1

* S Chevrolet Corvette C5-R (C5) 00
    * S Dodge Viper GTS-R Team Oreca Race Car 00
    * S Dodge Viper GTS-R Team Oreca Race Car 00
    * S Jaguar XJ200 LM Race Car
    * S Lexus IS 200 GT-1 Race Car 04
    * S Mercedes-Benz CLK-GTR Race Car 98
    * S Panoz Esperante GTR-1 Race Car 98

Lemans GT sportscars

* S BMW M3 GTR Race Car 01
    * S BMW McLaren F1 GTR Race Car 97
    * P Citron GT by Citron Race Car
    * S Gillet Vertigo Race Car 04 (This was a FIA GT3 class car but this one is super charged)
    * S Lister Storm V12 Race Car 99
    * S Nissan R390 GT1 Race Car 98
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.