Season 5 - Division 1.

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Sep 7, 2016.

1. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    DRIVER BRIEFING R3

[​IMG]
    1. Heavy cloud
    2. Light cloud
    3. Clear
    4. light cloud
    Time Progression : Real

Some slight changes to Qual this round due to the lap time....
    Qual : 20 mins
    (can start slightly earlier if drivers agree and all are in room). Will give an out lap and 1 flying lap. Remember if you make contact with a wall or get a cut penalty, your lap will be deleted and then slotted to rear of grid. If multiple drivers have their lap deleted, it will be a bit of a lottery as to where you will start on the grid.
    NO 5 MIN WARM UP
    PENALTIES :
    ON
    TIRES : SOFT SLICK (default)
    COMPULSORY STOP : YES - Have your pit strat set in the prac lobby BEFORE the race room is reset. Captains to remind all drivers of this before setting up the 'official" race room please. YOU WILL NEED TO TAKE TIRES, MAKE SURE YOU SELECT "SYMMETRICAL" in the pit options
    [​IMG]

TRACK LIMITS : There are cut penalties everywhere here guys, and obviously no chance of going through the 79683542 corners. Please use the standard ROOZ rules, 2 wheels must be on the ripple strip or white lines.
    DRIVING STANDARDS : Long lap, and the track is tight and tough to pass on in some spots....be patient and remember its better to give up a spot and continue the fight, than make contact defending, have it all turn pear shaped, and have to fight your way back after avoidable contact. A reminder that side to side contact will more often than not, result in the magnetic effect, so ALL drivers need to give reasonable room to someone making a clean and reasonable pass.
    CONTACT : if you push someone into a penalty or offline for your advantage, you will be expected to redress, and give the position back. Again, use your heads and give room where needed......
    RETURNING TO TRACK : If you do happen to go off track, please use your heads when returning to the track. Stay offline until you are back up to race speed so you don't compromise other drivers.
    PIT ENTRY / EXIT : Entry is pretty good, make sure you don't have someone on your right when you try top enter the pits...on exit look for cars on your right on re-entry.
    BLUE FLAGS : A reminder that if you are about to be lapped, its is good racing etiquette to move to the side where possible to let the leaders through.
    MICS : Please remember to mute your mic during the race, unless you are in a chat room and its agreed by all you can keep them on.
    PROTESTS : As always, if you feel you have reason to protest, save your replay, and then contact the room captains and the mod team, Myself or AD2MNY.....DO NOT blow up in the chat room, or on the forum.
    RAGE QUITTING : A reminder that if you rage quit the room, you will receive 0 points, not be able to use it as your drop round and it wont count as a round of your 4 needed to be eligible for the PAGNIAN prize. If you have to stop, park up in the pits and let the race run down without leaving so it doesn't glitch the other drivers or replay.

@Konnor McCluskey are you still in for the remainder of the season ? I have listed you in the OP, taking the place of Juzzy
  2. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    Not 100% I'll make it this Sunday. Celebrating Diwali and very high chance I won't make it home in time so please don't wait for me. Works out OK as I hate this track anyways :)
  3. Konnor McCluskey

Konnor McCluskey Team Driver

Yea mate I'm in. So what do we have to do in the pitstops?
  4. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    im also out this weekend. going to watch the Roar at Suncorp
  5. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Konnor McCluskey likes this.
  6. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Im back in tonight lads. not going to the game now so ill be fighting around the back of hell tonight
    SPL Racing and zuluwoffle like this.
  7. Konnor McCluskey

8. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    At this round, Yes.
  9. Sam D Blacklock

Sam D Blacklock Professional

PSN ID
    AE_CoolSam
    You will be pitting lap one. I will literally reverse off the start line and wait for you and punt you into pit lane.
    Zachery likes this.
  10. Konnor McCluskey

I'm out.....made a stupid mistake when downloading the game....turns out I didn't take any notice and bought game of the year addition and can't join any of you. What an idiot!
  11. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    What ? How come you can't joIn ?
  12. Konnor McCluskey

Wouldn't have a clue, tried joining a few rooms but says I need to insert my disc. I downloaded it instead of buying the hard copy
  13. jasondull1986

jasondull1986 Professional

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    Dam update im coming just need to install
    Sam D Blacklock likes this.
  14. Spidey_11

PSN ID
    cool sig pic Jason, I like it :)
  15. The_Spectre

The_Spectre Team Driver

PSN ID
    The_Spectre_au
    Wtf... game crashed and spat me out on the last lap... not that I was running any good, but it would have been nice to finish...
  16. SPL Racing

SPL Racing Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    I decided to take it easy in quali and just bank a lap so ended up 6th with a fairly slow 6:55 which was a good plan with so many not registering a lap. I had Slambo behind me and I was holding him up but wasn't going to gift him the position, I saw Zulu make a big dive down the inside of him, I knew he was deep under brakes so I didn't risk turning in, I left some space and he went cleanly through on the inside, great move mate. Slambo finally got through but ran wide just before the straight gifting me the position but he had the draft down the straight. We were side by side at the end of the straight heading into the final series of turns, neither of us were backing down but I got out of the throttle at the last second letting Slambo slip in front of me and we got through cleanly. I spent the rest of the race chasing him and keeping the gap at around 3 seconds.

I had a good clean race with no mistakes and am pretty happy to finish 7th. I really enjoyed the race and could of pushed a bit harder but once I knew I wasn't going to catch Slambo I just cruised home maintaining a comfortable gap to Jason behind.

Well done Beau, you are on another level at this place. Congrats to Sam and Mike on the podium and also to @CTRacing for a 4th place at a track that he doesn't even know very well.
  17. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    Really happy to have executed the race as i did tonight, could've been a very different story if Zulu got into the mix in Qualifying but sadly it wasn't to be. Got a suprisingly quick time in qualifying, i was focused on not invalidating my lap and ended up only 2 seconds off a PB and with pole. Stoked!
    Got an ok start but i think Sam made life easy for me into Turn 1, which left him vulnerable to attack from the third placed car, giving me just enough time to brake slipstream and try to run away. Made my stop on Lap 4 and was just making sure i didn't lose this 6 lap race at the ring for a second time. Flashbacks to GT6 Season VI will forever haunt me.... but fortunatley i made it through Klostertal this time and took the chequred flag. Only to see Sam on the last lap pip me for FL. Tyre taking son of a *Insert word Mods won't like here* :p
    Sad to see the track go, but now for the sprint round. Oh boyy.....see ya'll there!
    -Bobo
  18. jasondull1986

jasondull1986 Professional

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    Race didn't go to well for me a lap 1 spin cost me to much time but it also gave me the chance to pit, come out and just enjoy the ring. Managed to better my pb by 3 secs and was sad when it ended honestly would of loved another 10 laps.

Well done to the winners.
  19. The_Spectre

The_Spectre Team Driver

PSN ID
    The_Spectre_au
    I do enjoy the green hell usually but last night was horrible.

Qualifying: I was on a solid lap on my qualifying run (around a low 6:50) and knew there would be a few who wouldnt complete a valid lap so I was trying to take it easy and just get it across the line, only to spin it in on the third last corner under brakes, a spot where i've never had any issues ever... Ended up starting 9th.

Race: After the initial bunch up through turn 1, someone (not sure who it was in the white car I can't review my replay) thought itd be a good idea to try and force themselves up along my rear quarter panel and try go 2 wide through those first two slight right handers down the hill. I tried to give room, but once you're off the line through there its difficult to keep it together, we magnetised together and then im in the barrier, I redressed the position not knowing whose fault it was and carried on from last. My first lap was terrible, the car felt completely different and had absolutely none of the grip from qualifying and I subquently had a couple more unforced errors in random places. I pitted at the end of lap 1 to get it out of the way and in some free space and set about trying to catch the back of the field. I had reasonable pace when I didnt make mistakes (thats what lack of practice does to you) and then on the last lap the game crashed out to the PS4 menu, first time that's ever happened in all of the PCars races ive done - I couldnt save my race replay or video replay after this happened. A DSC is a dissapointing way to finish the race...
    Spidey_11 likes this.
  20. Spidey_11

PSN ID
    ^ I like the race recap, not the result for you spectre :(