Season 5 - Division 1.

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Sep 7, 2016.

1. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    Your still not over that are ya? :laugh:
    Sam D Blacklock likes this.
  2. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Perhaps not, but he was certainly up and over the catch fencing!
    Beau_Albert and Sam D Blacklock like this.
  3. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    I've got solid NBN so will host :)
    Confirming: are we still mandatory pitting? I'd like to keep it as it will break up the field a lil bit for strategy
  4. Slambobagan

Slambobagan Professional Super ROOZ

Not for sprint round I think
  5. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    No pitstops this round
  6. Spidey_11

PSN ID
  7. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    Sad face indeed. Imagine if both races paid equal points toward the round total, but you had to make a mandatory pitstop in just one of the two races. Could potentially mix the round results up a massive amount. In my opinion it'd be awesome!
    Sadly that won't be the case tonight however.
    Sam D Blacklock and Spidey_11 like this.
  8. The_Spectre

The_Spectre Team Driver

PSN ID
    The_Spectre_au
    I'm stuck at the outlaws place with some family bs, doesn't look like I'll make it home in time for the race. don't wait for me if I'm not online at Qual time.
  9. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    I'm not going to make it either guys. :(
  10. GOWIE22

GOWIE22 Rookie

PSN ID
    GOWIE22
    take me out of the series
  11. SPL Racing

SPL Racing Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    What happened?
  12. Spidey_11

PSN ID
    Snetterton Sprint Round.
    Race 1 - Qualifying.
    [​IMG]
    Race 1 - Results.
    [​IMG]
    Race 1 - Fastest Lap
    [​IMG]

Race 2 - Results
    [​IMG]
    Race 2 - Fastest lap
    [​IMG]
  13. Slambobagan

Slambobagan Professional Super ROOZ

What a hectic race so many spins and crashes, for some reason my steering ratio changed between practice and quali couldn't get a lap in kept spinning trying to get use to more sensitive steering.
    race 1 got run off the road twice in lap 1 Pause menu came up lap 3 lost steering and brakes flew over a curb airborne and took someone out. Sorry whoever that was.
    Race 2 got A slight shunt at the last corner and spun parked in front of the whole field who pile drived me down the main straight. Had to play catch up 2 races in a row and very hard to pass this track
    Well done podium
    Sam D Blacklock likes this.
  14. GOWIE22

GOWIE22 Rookie

PSN ID
    GOWIE22
    nothing happened i hate the z4 i haven't got the patience for that thing anymore..
  15. Sam D Blacklock

Sam D Blacklock Professional

PSN ID
    AE_CoolSam
    Well, i really dont know what to say to be honest :eek:.

Quali went okay, stuffed up all my laps and ended up P2. Went side by side with @Beau_Albert for a few turns and im not sure whos fault or if there was lag involved but i tangled with @Beau_Albert . Decided to play the long game with this one and just keep racing instead of re-adressing as id rather take a chance at a 30s penalty than a last or near last place finish and i was actually pretty unsure of what happened. Anyway i got past @CTRacing after a little battle and stretched the lead to 8's before zoning out thinking about wtf happened at turn 4-5 and spun, however i just managed to keep the lead and take the flag.

Race 2 i got a shocking start, but picked my way through the field and made a move on @Beau_Albert after he came together with his team mate and j slid through, had a little scuffle with @mikeruntbike sorry about that little bump into turn 2.
    Took the lead and then had to drive like a madman to make sure @Beau_Albert had no chance to pass.
    Managed to save race 1 POV but forgot to save race replay and then saved race 2 replay but forgot to save POV so i dont think ill be making a highlights vid unless i use the race replay for race 2. :(:(
    Spidey_11, SPL Racing and JonoStan96 like this.
  16. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    Going into this weekend i wasn't really getting my hopes up. My infamously quoted line after last season of '**** i hate sprint rounds' remained true.... and well, tonight did nothing to change my mind.
    I don't understand why we get 6/7 rounds each and every freaking season that are clean with no issues, but when sprint round comes around the rulebook gets thrown. Finished 3rd overall tonight so i should be pleased but no. I can't be. General racing etiquite wasn't shown by one or two drivers tonight.
    If you push somebody off the track. You MUST redress. If you hit somebody off the track. You MUST redress.
    If you hit someone into a corner and force them wide, don't procede to overtake them into the next corner.
    If you do anything that forces a driver off the road, into a wall, considerably wide so they lose positions, anything! Please redress the spot. If that means you lose 5 places waiting for them to spin around and face the right way again, then so be it.
    I hate to be so negative about this stuff, but i don't understand how this isn't understood by some drivers.
    I really want to upload some videos of tonight to Youtube, but i won't apart from maybe qualifying because tonight didn't reflect ROOZ and i don't want to be the one to ruin the sites rep online.
    Happy with the comeback result to 3rd after what took place between me and the thrustmaster car on lap 1, but man. Tonight was far too close to a public lobby for i'm sure many peoples liking.... :thumbsdown:
    Anthonyb and SPL Racing like this.
  17. SPL Racing

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    That's a shame mate, hope to see you back next season if you have had enough of the z4.
    GOWIE22 and Sam D Blacklock like this.
  18. Sam D Blacklock

Sam D Blacklock Professional

PSN ID
    AE_CoolSam
    I decided to risk the drive through, thats why i never re-adressed because i never truly felt like that was 100% my fault. If i get my result from R1 deleted or changed then thats my fault, but the fact you said we made contact at turn 4 proves there was some lag between us, so lets give Stu the chance to look over it and make a decision. You never mentioned my name but i hate the fact you have to say that stuff before you have seen both POV's means you are doing what i did last season. Don't turn into season 4 Samsung please, you're better than that!
    Also thanks @Beau_Albert you twat, while i was typing this my farmer planted Oil Seed Radish instead of Soybeans on two of my fields, @stucar17 fetch my plow good sir.
    Anthonyb likes this.
  19. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    I said what happened between me and the thrustmaster car. At no point did i apply blame to either of us in that crash in that sentence... As for the rest of my post i am referencing stuff i saw tonight and from previous sprint rounds. And no i'm not exempt from that post. We all, including me need to be sure that we are showing respect to other drivers if we mess up.
  20. SPL Racing

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    Yeah it was a crazy night and some pretty average driving up front from what I could see. The first race I went from last up to 5th in 2 laps with so many people getting pushed off track.
    My game wigged out at the start of quali and it sounded like a vacume cleaner (worse than GT 6) and I could barely hear my revs but I could hear everyone else's cars super loud which was really off putting. I jumped out of the party chat and that didn't do anything so I turned off my headset and ran sound through my tv which still wasn't great but at least I didn't have the other cars screaming in my ears. I found myself using wrong gears and running off track numerous times because of it.

The second race I was starting to get used to it and was running ok until I got a prostate exam from Beau at the hairpin, he slowed to redress but got by cleanly a lap later leaving me in a battle between @CTRacing (quickas) and @mij2003 which was good fun trying to keep them behind me. They both eventually got through but got tangled up at the hairpin, I had a run on them and went 3 wide on the approach to the following left hander, quickas dropped in behind mij who had no idea I was still on the outside, he took his normal line and we touched running off onto the grass. I trundled along to the finish trying to keep up with quickas but he

I'll be on the Gold Coast next week so I won't make the race unfortunately but looking forward to the final 2 races.
    CTRacing, Spidey_11 and Beau_Albert like this.