Season 12: Tracks?

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Anon666, Aug 1, 2013.

?

To DLC or to not DLC? That is the question.

1. No DLC tracks, what are you crazy??

1 vote(s)
    4.8%
  2. 1 DLC, let's not get carried away!

5 vote(s)
    23.8%
  3. 2 DLC, go crazy, just as long as I don't see Tokyo this season!!

15 vote(s)
    71.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Yep, I have discussed with admin the flexibility of this car. It will allow a few different tracks to be pulled out. Before any discussion on weather, can anyone give me an idea (never organised a weather race believe it or not) of what settings, if any, will give us some rain but stop it heading over 70% for track coverage?
  2. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    You can't, that's why we ended up running a 100% race in Monza on S10, can't anticipate the weather behavior. I guess the only way forward to have one, is to allow that unpredictability be part of every division's race; chances are they will be different.
  3. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    If you're gonna have a wet race, may as well make it fully wet with no change-ability. Fair for every one and then we know what to expect.
  4. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Tracks nearly finalised, will be up tomorrow along with rooms.
    JonoStan96 and Ad2mny like this.
  5. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    Love your work mate! ;)
  6. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    I disagree, I think whole point of a wet race is to have unpredictabilty, and to be forced to have to change your strategy at a monents notice. Removing the unpredicability by making it 100% for the entire race, in my view, defeats the whole purpose of the change. May as well race on Comfort Hard tyres... (joking)
    I've made it clear before that the Monza race in the RX7 was a chore thanks to the lack of transparency in the weather. A wet/dry race on Spa would be special.
  7. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    I agree with you m8 but the randomness of the weather can mean 2 laps of wet and the rest dry or a completely wet race, or no dry at all. I'd love a wet-dry race but you just don't know which way it's gonna go. I guess there is some interest there for a random race but there is nothing to stop it tuning into a 'driving on sports hards' type of scenario. That's why they went full wet season 10 cause there was no way to stop it getting there anyway. Hopefully GT6 gives a better weather control to have the track reach a peak maybe. What if the race started at 60% track moisture and no rain and slowly dried?
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  8. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Sports tyres are driveable in wet, racing tyres are not thats why they have rain tyres for them.
  9. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Yeah, I'd go a 100% start to quali then a s
    Yeah, we could have qualifying at 100%, keep track of the positions, reset the room and then start the race at 100% but completely sunny for the rest.
  10. bjh1012

bjh1012 Bruce Hale Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    bjh1012
    Hey guys you are the bosses. i say go with what you think can't please all all the time.
    Any how can not find room and time for meat & greet think its hiding in computer some where any way have fun.
    see you tonight cheers bj:)
  11. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Yep, spent a lot of time last night wet weather testing. Ads is right the only way to run it is to either start dry and finish wet or start wet and finish dry(ish). The track gets wetter much quicker than it dries, so even if it starts at 0% it will be at 100% and pelting rain for quite a few laps. Yes I have tried that and it sucked. In reverse the track dries much slower, and shouldn't dry out completely even if we start at less than 100%. Visibility is good, the track gets less punishing as the tyres wear, and it will make for some interesting strategies. The only thing we may do is allow racing rain tyres to be used. They wear like mad as the track dries and will mix things up, just need to get the starting percentage right. Will test this tonight.

So does this mean tracks are finalised....
    JonoStan96 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.