Season 12: Tracks?

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Anon666, Aug 1, 2013.

?

To DLC or to not DLC? That is the question.

1. No DLC tracks, what are you crazy??

1 vote(s)
    4.8%
  2. 1 DLC, let's not get carried away!

5 vote(s)
    23.8%
  3. 2 DLC, go crazy, just as long as I don't see Tokyo this season!!

15 vote(s)
    71.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Ok lads, we have a car. Now we need 7 tracks. The main thing I want to know immediately is how much aggro there still is about the DLC tracks? I'm not sure how much they cost, but Spa would be awesome for an end of season enduro, and Motegi (one of the short ones) could add some spice to a sprint round. Even if we look at just one of them, then those who are dead set against buying it can use it as their "dropped" round?? Personally, I have competed in 11 seasons of the Sunday league, plus run in at least another 10 series here and there, and I would like to spend some time running around some different bitumen. Anyway, you got a week to think it over before the track list is announced.

Post up tracks that you would like to see as well below.
    Ad2mny and KoAStR like this.
  2. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I've got the DLC tracks and would love to run at Spa for the Enduro
  3. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Spa, and Montegi
  4. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I like Deep Forest, Daytona road and Grand Valley speedway. I wouldn't mind another crack at leMans to see if I can learn to keep it out of the sand.
  5. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Yes

If we are going with the NSX though I don't want big tracks, Monza(in the no chicanes layout), Daytona, Le sarthe and Spa would be Tracks to avoid.

Atleast in Divsion 1 terms, it just ends up a fuel race.
  6. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I think the NSX would be great at those tracks, isn't fuel an issue at all tracks depending on race length. All the S11 races needed fuel whether they were long or short tracks or am I missing something?
  7. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    how many rounds we looking at here:

If we are allowing DLC I want Motegi as the Enduro
    Nurburgring GP is a really good track for side by side racing so i would vote that.
    Cape Ring South is a good track too.
    Also weather has to come back in this championship, if we are to go both DLC tracks I would support Spa as the weather track.

and Autumn Ring Mini as the sprint round, I think that would really mix things up especially with the lapping that would likely happen.
    Clevohead and emmo46 like this.
  8. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I would be happy with that.
  9. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Its not just that its the draft, you can't escape and then it has nothing to do with skill anymore, It becomes the matter of saving fuel as much as possible so your pit stop is shorter then everyone else and then your free.

Im not sure it was the same in every other division but this was definitely the case at Daytona and Lemans for us.
  10. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    It didn't work out that way for us, it was survival of the fittest basically and I was far from fit in those two rounds LOL
  11. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I can't add to the S12 car thread so will raise it here. Why not accept now that the S13 car will be the Citroen GT race car and set a date of October 27th as the beginning of S13 so we can get a running start and wind up GT5 with one more season. It gives people plenty of time to save up and prepare the Citroen.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  12. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    I certainly wish for the race to be dictated by tyres, not fuel. I know that fuel stops were my downfall last season, and far too many drivers were either complacent or greedy with the fuel, even with practice. I wish there were an option to set the tyre wear to fast and fuel consumption to normal. But thankfully it shouldn't be too much of a factor in the NSX.

Rome would be a godsend to me, Spa for sure, not too keen on Motegi though. I think we can save the rain races for S13 with the Citroen, but who doesn't like a challenge? I still feel we missed out on an opportunity for a night race last season, something I surely love. Cape Ring Periphery will put immense loading on the left tyres, Deep Forest is a favourite, as is Eiger Nordwand. I've clocked up many laps in this car (albiet tuned) and I find it fun on many tracks. Just for the love of God, no Fuji? And surely Monaco needs a run? Any Nürburgring layout is fine by me.

Cheers, Jono
  13. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    In order for there to be 2 more seasons though this season will have to be 6 rounds at max.

I would rather just one large championship with everything.
    Ad2mny and JonoStan96 like this.
  14. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    We could have a 12-14 race season with both the NSX and Citroen? I doubt it though.
  15. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    I don't know about that, but if we have a large season, we could have maybe two enduros and a couple of weather rounds in the one season.

Enduro at Monaco(78 laps eh LOL)will sort the men from the boys.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  16. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    I also think if we have a wet race, there needs to be some variation.
    In my opinion, the 100% rain race for RX7 on Monza really defeated the purpose of strategical racing, and made it really dreary. A wet/dry or dry/wet race would be fantastic. With no predictability.
    DekGT5mad and Mustafur like this.
  17. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Lol a 2 and half hour enduro on the best, most difficult street circuit in the world? I'm up for that!
  18. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    yeah i agree, i think the idea that all servers need identical conditions makes no sense since they are different servers.

Variable weather change is were the real fun is.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  19. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    well say we go 12 rounds how does this sound:

have 2 Enduros, 2 Weather tracks and 2 sprint rounds.

I say if we are going to have a last season on GT5 give it the full course meal.
    JonoStan96 and Ad2mny like this.
  20. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    +1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.