Season 12 Car suggestions/poll

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by JonoStan96, Jul 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    So this season is 100% going to be a Road car?
  2. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Not at all musta, whatever the majority want.

We always find that no matter the series, there will be people that love the car selection and others that hate it. Same goes for the track and tire selection. It's just the nature of working with so many different people.

I was thinking tonight that if the formula gt was selected we could reduce the HP for the lower divisions if it proves hard to control. I havent driven one for a long while so need to get back in the seat with it.
  3. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    I feel the drivetrain poll should be RWD, AWD, FWD. The most fun in this game is had with RWD cars, and if people want very high powered cars (as the poll suggests) then a great many of those cars will have their engines in the back (MR or RR). I have been testing only RWD cars because AWD and FWD never win in these polls, and I must say the FR layout cars are at the back of the pack with those I've tested so far.

Speaking of which, please put in the time to run a few cars around a track. Some might surprise you.
  4. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    The poll is contradictory anyway as there is no way we can have sports tyres with a 600 plus pp car.

Those three options should be seperate polls.
  5. sparklehead83

sparklehead83 Team Driver

PSN ID
    sparklehead83
    +1, anything over 550pp on sports tyres can get a bit lairy
  6. X4rotorsploxX

X4rotorsploxX Rookie

PSN ID
    X4rotorsploxX S.Leonheart (GT6)
    Glad I'm not the only one.
  7. OverDrivve

OverDrivve Rookie

PSN ID
    OverDrivve
    At the moment im really liking 2 cars
    NSX type R
    Corvette stingray C7 final prototype (free dl/c)
  8. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    It's ok guys, it's gotten the discussion started, will narrow it down with a more accurate poll in the next week or so.
  9. WAC

WAC Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    i moved on..but damn it was fun!
    NSX!
    Mustafur likes this.
  10. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Suzuki Cappuccino RM :p
    t_b_williams likes this.
  11. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Righto lads, I've done some testing. Just want to put a few out there for you guys to try. I have been leaning towards something with a bit more bite for this season. Not done much in the way of race cars, and all road cars have been tested with SS tyres.

LFA (fast, neutral, tight corners are not it's friend)
    Citroen GT road car (mostly neutral, likes smooth tarmac)
    Amuse S2000 GT1 (Good fun, but might be too much of a handful)
    Merc SLS and SLR (surprising slow, understeery esp SLR, disappointing really)
    Enzo (snap oversteer, needs racing tyres and tuning)
    Zonda (see Enzo)
    Stingray 2014 (bit slow and geared long, neutral, lacks agility, but a contender)
    Cobra 427 (only because Sparkles has a hard on for it... see Zonda and only 4 gears)
    Dodge Viper SRT10 ACR '08 (Doesn't feel quick, but is. Neutral to understeer)
    Dodge Viper SRT10 Coupe '06 (not as good as it's big brother, would go the '08 if I had to pick)
    Ford GT (MR car that understeers all day? Wtf!!)
    458 Italia (fast, not quite LFA fast, but close. Neutral to understeer)
    430 Scud (see Italia, but a few seconds slower but probably a bit better to turn in)
    Audi R8 V10 (AWD that is neutral, seemed slow after the Italia and LFA, but best AWD in the game. No fairies will die by driving this car Emmo!!)
    FGT (wild, snap oversteer, need reactions like a cat not a nearly 40yo who struggles to get up a flight of stairs, and the gearing is stupid. On Fuji it's hitting the rev limiter as you cross the start finish line!)
    I have run a few others on the controller, but they were rubbish and not worth mentioning. Get out and try a few and put your ideas up. I really didn't like the TVR so I'm putting an effort in this season to find something I like. If you're short of time, go the LFA, Italia, Stingray, 430 Scud and '08 Viper. I have one I'm leaning towards, but a few more tracks need to be tested.
  12. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Speaking of tracks, it would be nice to run on some different tracks for a change...Motegi, Spa? How many don't have the DLC?
  13. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Im up for the tracks but from what i know there is probably 2 or 3 who don't have it.
  14. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Race car for sure. F1 sounds good.Ferrari or Formula GT. The latter is cheaper, and maybe open to more people. I know I havent got a Ferrari F1 yet. But am on the way. Few more online challenges and I'm there.

Also the discussions from season 11 car had a decent amount of support for a FF race/touring/Rm.
    They provide close racing, and have loads to choose from. The Integra race car in the online dealership is a goodun. But sooo many choices there.
  15. t_b_williams

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    And yes open up the tuning option. "The Real Driving Simulator" and we cant set up our car????
  16. t_b_williams

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Just limit horse power and weight to standard, and let us tune suspension.........
  17. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    T_B, we dont tune in the sunday series because of the number of guys who dont have the time to get a set up that will make them a few seconds per lap....

By keeping it as a "non tune" series it means guys that are time poor can still compete, and be on a level playing field. If they are beaten they know its the driver not the tune.

As for this seasons car, i think that the 787B and F1 cars will polarize the divisions. They are bloody tough to race flat out and VERY easy to make a mistake in.That said, if they win the vote, we will race them !

I would also nominate the Lexus race concept, great looking car IMO........

I think so far we have .........
    (ANON, FEEL FREE TO EDIT THIS IF THERE IS ANYTHING WE WANT ADDED TO THE SHORT LIST)

ROAD CAR
    Commodore / Monaro
    NSX Type R http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5099/5510939230_4010618fc9_b.jpg
    Ferrari 458 http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/2194/sangalganoabbeyhdr1.jpg
    Muscle car of some sort (terrible gearbox to run standard generally)
    Lexus LFA http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/6165/lfangpfullullulululllll.jpg
    Lexus race concept http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/5939/hotlexus.jpg
    Stingray prototype http://www.gtpla.net/wp-content/upl...ette-Stingray-Final-Prototype_73front_Red.jpg

RACE CAR
    Citroen GT RM
    Mazda 787B http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5258/5420656401_b881396384_b.jpg
    Formula GT / Ferrari F1 http://s38.photobucket.com/user/CoolJetta3/media/Gran Turismo 5 - Album 2/TokyoR246.jpg.html
    Honda Integra RM http://s677.photobucket.com/user/panavia/media/GT5 Race Mods/Integra1.jpg.html
  18. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    The Italia is an awesome car once you get the sport softs warmed up. Very quick and turns well. Drove the LFA straight after. Faster in a straight line but feels slow to turn after the Ferrari. If it came down to these 2 I'd pick the Ferrari.
  19. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    I'm honestly fine with all of these except the muscle option. All of these will provide good racing, though I'll be ecstatic if the Ferrari F1 gets up!
    seth123 likes this.
  20. zampli

zampli Team Driver

In terms of road cars, Amuse S2000 GT1 (road car right?).
    Race cars, FGT or 787B would be awesome, unless F1 Ferraris were in it as well.

I really want something with some bite and way more on the edge than the past 2 seasons cars. TVR just became a drag to drive eventually, same with RX7. S9 car (GT500 GTR) was cool, easy to drive but obviously fast.
    787B and FGT like stu said, would I think be more difficult for some in the lower divs, I think there would be way more difference in the laptimes between div's than we get now.
    The Ferrari F1's are easier than FGT.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.