IRACING Monday night live V8 iracing

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Bonus 888, Nov 30, 2011.

1. beau261

beau261 Beau

PSN ID
    beau261
  2. MADCAP

MADCAP Rookie

i been following the races on Mondays and must say its awesome to watch SPA was a tab boring but Indy was awesome... keep up the great event, hope to be there one day
  3. Mad94d

Mad94d Madison Down

PSN ID
    mad94d
    The problem is from a driving standards point of view, crashing and contact is exciting to watch. Spa didn't have so much of that and the fight for the lead wasn't as exciting. Rens never got around me and mostly didn't have the pace advantage to do it, so it was more of a lap time battle trading fastest laps between us. So from a drivers point of view it was exciting but spectators point of view it was terrible.

I always love the broadcasts and highlights videos though. It's fun to watch the races you were in and also jump in the commentary box sometimes as well.
  4. MADCAP

MADCAP Rookie

with monday night racing, i understand there is a few session open to race in, do you basically just enter, then qualify and then it will place you in a group to race? going by your quallie result?
  5. beau261

beau261 Beau

PSN ID
    beau261
    No, it will place you in a split, going by your iRating.
  6. OuttaAngst

OuttaAngst Rookie

Based on the most recent race (10:45pm Monday) the splits based on iRating were:
    ~2800+ = top split
    1820-2800 = 2nd split
    1460-1820 = 3rd split
    1460- = bottom split

The race before that was roughly: top split < 2750 > 2nd split < 1500 > bottom split

Obviously the rating will change depending on who signs up for the race.
  7. Mad94d

Mad94d Madison Down

PSN ID
    mad94d
    IF NTM comes out next season for the car i'm picking 3000 iRating minimum for top split as there is a high chance we will hit 150-ish sign ups with a lot of old and international drivers returning.

Really do hope we get NTM next season, series is already one of the most competitive in iRacing so with NTM hopefully it goes one step further.
  8. beau261

beau261 Beau

PSN ID
    beau261
    Hope so, I'll probably have a crack at a few races if it happens.
  9. MADCAP

MADCAP Rookie

Maddo, mate I totally understand in both views on racing against your racer and being on the fence as a spectator... I perferr to be in your seat racing hard, close and clean... BTW mad slide you did mid race and to hangon to it was great control...

Bring on next round Masport I have only hit the track as a rookie in the last 2 days and pb of 1:21:090 - but looking at the top runners doing 1:18 get out of here!!!! You lads are quick! I think this race will be interesting into turn one going into the double apex left down hill!

Let's hope that magnetic tyre wall don't catch you all out... I found this section tricky and the 2 tight right links before the upclimb back straight!

Tips?
  10. Mad94d

Mad94d Madison Down

PSN ID
    mad94d
    Yeah that was a huge moment at Spa, thought I lost it, snapped so quick off the kerb.

As for Mosport, I hate that place in the V8 with a passion. Really not one of my favorite tracks, as for Speed you've just really gotta turn in early into the corners and sit the weight of the car on the rear wheel transferring the weight as accurately and steadily as you can.

Making the apexes is always important but it's more important here due to the high speed nature of the track, a missed apex will cost you a lot of time.
  11. MADCAP

MADCAP Rookie

I hear you, yeah if you push to hard it begins to be a awesome drift track linking each apex... not the easiest track but still fun with a big open field...
  12. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Televised!!!!!!!!!. season break Super Chaos race is on tonight from about 630 to 930, they covering practice as well as Qualifying and 3 races, 2 short with reverse grid for race 2 and then a longer race with a mandatory pit stop thrown in. Neishy and Myself will be running in it, you'll get to see the new skin till it gets rubbed of by the other 40 Odd drivers in the race on this short track, going to be Chaos. Click on link http://www.livestream.com/v8sonline , grab a beer and sit back and watch it all unfold into utter chaos.
  13. MADCAP

MADCAP Rookie

Guys when does the new season Start? anyone got a link to view details of the new championship as id like to register
  14. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Hey MadCap no need to register, just join us in the practice session do some practice and we then race in the Sunday night or Monday night races which have the most racers in it and most points on offer for the official i racing league division championship. You then follow the results in the Iracing results section for the V8 supercar. On your first Official V8 race it will put you in a division based on ya Irating and although you race with all divisions you got a chance to win your division's championship. I only did a few races in the rookie class so when i joined in the V8 i was put in Div6 and got the championship fairly easy. The new series starts Tuesday so we be doing some practice rooms form then on, join in and Ill try and explain a bit more, but in the mean time click on the V8 season schedule and see what tracks they running. Also in the Iracing forum section, scroll down to the C V8 supercar section and lots of info in there.
    Tonights race is just a season break get together in a hosted session with a bit of chaos thrown in and no rating points to be lost.
    So on Tuesday night just click on friends list near the bottom and join the session I'm in from there, Ill add you to my list tonight.
  15. MADCAP

MADCAP Rookie

Yeah sweet - cheers Bones i am pretty sure i sent you a friends add a few days ago =) I know i might not be racing with you all but what ever division i get thrown in it will be a start - as a Rookie ill build my way up and hopefully get up towards the decent group in time...!

Cheers
  16. Pricey_777

Pricey_777 Wesley

What is iRacing is it a new game or just a part of GT5?
  17. aussie_man21

aussie_man21 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    NO Pricey..

its a computer based racing league, very cool and interesting too i might add. FULLY SICK custom paint and liveries.
    i sure the boys here will tell you all the in's and out's of it.. if you ask nicely :p :lol:
    i only know it's computer based and a little bit like GT5 but about 30 billion god zillion times better.. well that what most the boys say/think anyways....

as i said ask and you shall receive... :lol:
  18. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Its a PC base sim Pricey, take a look at the Iracing threads here to see what it looks like, lots of videos and pics that show its awesomeness.

I just seen that invite frank, you are added now, as for racing the v8, it comes down to your Irating and number of racers registered for a particular race time, as to what races you are placed in. Neishy came into the v8 last season but as he had done a :):):):) load of races his irating was high and he was put in the top splits where as I raced mainly in 2nd and third splits.
    I'm pretty sure you will be racing with us a lot for starters and if from what i have seen of you in the F1 2010 series is anything to go by; you will be top split in no time m8.
  19. Mad94d

Mad94d Madison Down

PSN ID
    mad94d
    Broadcast starts at 7:30pm AEST. As of 5 minutes ago i'm commentating apparently. Looking forward to the carnage.
  20. MADCAP

MADCAP Rookie

Was great race guys, good to See the Rockstar Energy by Neishy busting the new Livery - Great work guys, Got hektic in the main - What happened to the start near the rear bit of carnage OUCHIES