GT6 GT Academy - Live events

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Stumbles, Mar 3, 2014.

1. MINT_GTR

MINT_GTR Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    MINT_Matt
    You have a good point, I had 2 of the guys that made it still on the bus after the airport and they were saying the same thing as they think I am 1st reserve............back to running in the morning
  2. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    judging by your fitness results, i would say core strength would help your stamina is good.
  3. MINT_GTR

PSN ID
    MINT_Matt
    Ok I will start planking now.....start timing me ;)
    Peter Wise and Mustafur like this.
  4. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

Still going! 32 mins is good!
    MINT_GTR and Mustafur like this.
  5. Benjamin J Smith

I think we will let warrior speak about his driving side of things, but i heard mus is going to let him drive the astra in prac for next year.
    Oh and by the way the 370z drops a mad skid off the line
    R0T0R-AU86 and Ad2mny like this.
  6. R0T0R-AU86

R0T0R-AU86 Team Driver

PSN ID
    R0T0R-AU86
    Yeah was a shame none of us made it, however MINT would be far close I dare say..

I have to work on my fitness, and more of an understanding of the Game, or maybe just more time... To qualify in 7weeks GT experience, the ONLY one qualifying from the ACT, and make it to day two I guess I can give myself a pat on the back... I think I had the biggest heart stopper on my first Car run.. hitting the cone and moving it 1 meter with it still being upright!!!! :O i thought it was knocked down! :|

any ways, we all know whats in store for the years to come... So start working now! :)

beep test of 13 and a 4 min plank!
    MINT_GTR likes this.
  7. Benjamin J Smith

Sweet you aim for a 13 and i will use you as a running guide again
  8. JAKO155

JAKO155 Rookie

PSN ID
    Producer634
    3,2,1 GO!!!!!!!!!!
  9. joshmuggo

joshmuggo Rookie

What an awesome 2 days that was!
    Firstly, big thanks and congratulations to all the guys who made it to the national final. Was really cool to meet everyone and put names and faces to gamer tags. I had an absolute ball talking to all of you over the 2 days and had some awesome fun and laughs. Great bunch of guys and will be keeping in touch for the future.

To the competition, what a crazy and hectic 2 days!
    Gaming day 1: 3 rounds in the pods to try and make the top 18 and got through that with no real issues, except for a scare in the 2nd round when the sound dropped out on my headphones and distracted me. Made it through to the top 18 and onto the next stage.

Fitness: Was in the first group which was arguably the most competitive in the fitness stage. Scored an 11.3 on the beep test which i was pleased about, not where i wanted to be, but happy in the sense that I could not physically have run any more than that, so pushed it to the absolute limit.
    Then the pushups which were again OK, but struggled because the way they were run (on a slow count by the Nissan Motorsport Fitness guy) was not how I trained for them and only got 28.
    The plank was next and again, struggled with very little gap between the beep test and the pushups, and having pushed my body to the limit in the previous 2, only managed a 2:32 in the plank despite getting 4:00 at home. But fitness was done and after looking at other peoples scores, was probably around 6th or 7th overall for the fitness section.

back to the hotel that night and struggled to sleep at all. Rain was hitting the window which was unusually loud, like a squirrel was tapping against the window all night, and the rock hard mattress made it tough.

Gaming: Was really happy with this part. Knew that with lots of pressure and no room for error, I only had to keep it on the track and post a decent lap in each to be strong here. I think I ended up the gaming part around P2.

Driving: This was the part I knew I killed. Being first up I thought was a bit of a disadvantage, but turned out to be fine as I put down a really good time first up and put the pressure on everyone behind. Explored the car limits and what it could do in my practice run, hitting a cone or two which was fine. Then my first timed run and I nailed it. Couldn't have gone much better. With having a strong banker posted. I thought I would push a bit more in the second run but clipped a cone, so had a bit of fun for the rest of the run. When the timer came over to get our names after the run, I got a look at the benchmark time and my times and saw that I was 1 second below the benchmark which gave me some confidence heading into the media challenge.

Media: This part is always hit or miss and you can talk yourself out of doing well here. Being first up again I went in and was really happy with how I went. I was getting smiles and nods from the journalists which was reassuring, and didn't get stuck in sentences or throw out any "ums" or "arghs".

waiting for the names to be called out, I thought I must have done enough to get through to Silverstone, but with the names called out in no particular order (they didn't tell us our rankings) and with only 1 spot left, I was crapping myself. Finally when they called my name out I almost broke down there and then. Was such a relief and such a good feeling to know that all the hard work and sacrifices paid off. Later one of the NISMO guys was talking to me on the side and told me that he called my name last just because he wanted to make me sweat. Well it definitely worked, I almost s#*& myself.

Have to say my commiserations go to MINT, Fastboy, Mustafur, R0T0R and all the other guys for not making it through. All I can say is, I know what you are going through as this happened to me last time. Use it as motivation to work hard and push for the next time this comes around. I waited 4 years for another shot at this and put everything I had into it.

I'll keep you guys updated with my progress and preparation for Silverstone in the coming weeks. Only half the job is done though, there is a long way to go and a lot of work to do. But I'll be doing all I can to win and live my dream.

Talk to you soon,

Josh
    Ad2mny, KoAStR, JonoStan96 and 17 others like this.
  10. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Well done Josh, good luck @ Silverstone!
  11. R0T0R-AU86

R0T0R-AU86 Team Driver

PSN ID
    R0T0R-AU86
    Thanks mate!

Under the circumstances you did extremely well to handle the pressure, and come out on top!
    You and the rest of the lads have set a very high bench mark for the next one... I must say I was very unprepared considering what they are looking for specially in the fitness testing! But you are right, it gives the rest of us more motivation to take it that next step! and hey you never know it actually might be the top 12 that go through next year??

Once again very well done, and well deserved! Make sure you pop your head in here and gives us updates, and even pop on GT6 and race with us :)

Ill be rooting for you to take the whole thing out! So good luck mate, and up the training by 110% now!

Scotty
    warrior2167 and joshmuggo like this.
  12. warrior2167

warrior2167 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    I was completely gone yesterday, so now that I've had some time to recover I can recap my experience.

Firstly congrats to josh, speadiereadie, benna, g25cello, Dylan and lucag for making the top 6. Good luck to you guys and make sure you win :). I would be confident in saying that you would all finish in the top 6 in the final, if all 30 competitors were in the same boat, but Unfortunately that's not the system and 1 competitor is eliminated from each day from each of the regions. So as to have each region represented in the final 5 for those the don't know.

Secondly, it was to great to put faces to names and to meet all of you. You guys are all top blokes and awesome people.

The 1st gaming round was the combined result of the leaf, 370 and T-R N24 GT Academy, all on racing soft tyres. 1st up was the the best of 5 laps in the leaf at motegi east. All the times where very close I ended up getting 5th or 6th, well done mus for getting 1st.
    [​IMG]
    fastboysmith
    2nd was 3 combined laps in the 370z at bathurst. I was confident I would have done well with this combo having practiced with Mint on the previous day. 1st lap was a low 19. 2nd lap was going well and the second split showed I was on for a low 18, but as I came off skyline I was shocked to see my car roll. Luckily it landed back on it's wheels, but I was facing the wrong way. I let the car roll a bit and tried to flick spin it by going hard left down. That half worked and I got back underway losing only 6 seconds and not reded the lap. I finished with a low 18, but the damage was done and I finished in the lower half of the field

3rd was 1 lap shootout in the GT-R N24 GT Academy at Indy road course, oddly the car felt it had way less grip than the other 2. Braking for turn 1 was the mist critical part of the lap and being cautious had more reward than trying to get It perfect. I was pleased to finish in 2nd or 3rd and that got me through to the next round.
    [​IMG]
    Rotor
    The field had now been cut to 18 and there would be no more eliminations. From here the were 4 challenges (fitness, gaming, driving and media) each contributing 25% to your score. Had this been 6 months ago, I would have looked forward to the fitness test, but several injuries had plagued me this whole year and I only made the late decision to go after trying to run for the 1st time this year, just 3 weeks ago.

1st was the beep test, and when it was time for our group, the rain decided to show up and they had to move the zone more undercover. I knew coming in to this I was going to be hopeless and I was right :) only managing a 5.2

Then straight after that was push ups, I did 21. Finally came the plank and I just lasted over a minute with a 1:04. The best overall times I recall were luca in the beep test with a 12.6 and I think marcello was 1st in the push ups and plank with 50 and close to 6 minutes.

Day 1 done, it was off to the hotel being chauffeured by Todd Kelly.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Day 2. was an early start and we had to be on the bus by 7:30, it wasn't till we reached the Nissan HQ that we noticed we were missing Mustafur. It was a tight schedule and we had to start without him.

There were 2 gaming challenges today and 1st was the best lap out of 10 in the 15th anniversary GT-R GT3 at the silverstone national circuit. That suited me just fine and I was able to build in to a lap and I finished with the #1 time. Next was a 1 lap shootout in the GT3 Schulze GT-R at Silverstone. I was way too cautious and probably finished about 12th, well done to Mint for finishing 1st.
    50% done, 50% to go as we're off to Phillip Island for the driving and media challenges, That was a great surprise as most of us thought we would be at Sandown. We step out of the bus and instantly feel the massive cold air. We were split up into 2 groups.

For our group it was the media test first. You sit down if front of a dozen people and they ask you some questions about yourself and related to gt academy, they're relatively simple, you just don't know what answers they are looking for, but I think I was ok, not great, but ok.

Finally came the driving challenge. Coming in, I knew I was never going to be a chance, so I never did any practice. I was absolutely shocking. I stalled like 5 times and I came last by a mile.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Rotor
    [​IMG]
    Mint
    [​IMG]
    Winners - Peter Read (speadiereadie94), Josh Muggleton, Dylan Gulson, Luca Giacomin (lucag120), Marcello Rivera (G25cello21), Benjamin Smith (Benna151)
    [​IMG]
    fastboy not leaving empty handed

All in all in was a fantastic experience. I was impressed with the quality of the top guys, and raising the bar that high gives us all something to work for next year. See you guys next year and hopefully I can get back to training withing a couple of months

It's going to take me a while to upload the videos, bear with me.
  13. Benjamin J Smith

Can't wait for the video of Mus doing his solo event Saturday morning, almost fell out of the seat lucky he was holding on to the wheel.
    R0T0R-AU86 and joshmuggo like this.
  14. MINT_GTR

PSN ID
    MINT_Matt
    If you can tell me how to upload my video off my iPhone to the forum then I will do it now, absolutely hilarious :)
  15. Benjamin J Smith

Photo bucket app does it or Instagram might
  16. Benjamin J Smith

You might be able to upload it to twitter too
  17. Cyber_STIG_77

Cyber_STIG_77 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
  18. joshmuggo

joshmuggo Rookie

Haha yeah, that was hilarious. I can't believe he didn't know he does that! Lol
  19. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Lol gotta see this
  20. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    WE ALL GOTTA SEE THIS!!!!!! :D