GT6 GT Academy - Live events

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Stumbles, Mar 3, 2014.

1. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    What a coincidence then hey?
  2. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

There was 2 one from vice and one from qld, I recon I was just as fast as muggo in the driving test except I hit a cone
  3. MetalGear9493

MetalGear9493 Team Driver

PSN ID
    MetalGear9493
    Oh, congrats then to Josh Muggo! And bad luck to you Fastboysmith, I know how frustrating those cones are, how'd you go in the fitness part of it?
  4. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

Got 8.4 in the beep test( thanks to rotor for the bench mark) but f'ed it in the push ups and planks test. Did 11push up slipped on a sweat patch, and only did 1 min in the plank, but I know where to work on and it starts tomorrow.
    MINT_GTR, Stumbles and Peter Wise like this.
  5. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    At the end of the day it came down to fitness atleast for me, in the first stage gaming i did really well despite red lapping the 3rd round(came 1st in the 1st round and 3rd in the second), the fitness i went to my maximum and got a 8.7 but that took the life out of me, only managed 12 pushups then 1min 36 on the plank.

after that fitness i could barely talk i was soo stuffed, as soon as i got to my hotel and had a shower i basically passed out, only to wake up half an hour after the bus left(so basically 10 hours sleep lol), when i saw the time i thought i had stuffed it and knew there was no point being too angry as the damage was done, i knew that phillip island wasn't until 10am so i called a taxi got the address and managed to make it just in time to get my two last gaming rounds done, i was well off the pace for both as i was still waking up and wasn't focused enough.

then when we went to phillip island we had the media test and driving. I did okay on the media test, nothing bad or anything but in the driving i blew it. the clutch is soo much different to my Astra and could never get a hang of it, and on my last run which was going good untill i had a massive drift moment right at the end and hit two cones.

the Fitness test at the end of the day compromised my day 2 as i was still effected by it and my concentration was all over the place from it.
    it shows badly that all the guys that got over 10 in the Beep test all made it to Silverstone, fitness is vital to keep your focus.
  6. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    yeah, Day 1 was 3 round gaming and the bottom 10 get eliminated, then straight after we had fitness test that was 25% of your score.

Then day 2 had a morning gaming session thats 25% of score then media and driving that makes up the last 50%.
  7. MINT_GTR

MINT_GTR Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    MINT_Matt
    Not everyone :( but yes fitness is a big factor
  8. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    I mean 11.
  9. MetalGear9493

MetalGear9493 Team Driver

PSN ID
    MetalGear9493
    Really hope you had a good time Musty, must have been a shame not to make it through considering you were probably in the top 2 or 3 of the contestants in terms of raw gaming pace, hope the experience serves you well and can inspire you to improve, howd warrior fair on the day?
  10. MINT_GTR

PSN ID
    MINT_Matt
    Damn shoe lol.......tip number 1 before taking part in a beep test, double knot shoe laces :cool:
    Peter Wise, JonoStan96 and Mustafur like this.
  11. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    yeah despite everything it was a huge experience and well worth the effort it was fun as hell, despite the rigorous competition everyone was very humble and supportive of each other, it was intense though you had to be on your limit for everything to have a shot.
    MINT_GTR likes this.
  12. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    yeah ahaha, as soon as i saw that im like crap tie shoes then everyone else was doing the same LOL.
    warrior2167 likes this.
  13. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    gotta work on fitness, im going to try aim for a 12 in the beep test, atleast 70 pushups and 5min plank atleast by next year.
    Peter Wise and JonoStan96 like this.
  14. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    image.jpg
  15. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    laugh all you want lol thats literally whats required lol.
  16. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Lol He ain't laughing, he's
    crying ROFL
    I really don't want to have to 70 friggin push ups but I guess you're right, considering fitness is such a huge factor of it.

Surprised the clutch was an issue, do you think you might have coped better if you were driving a manual earlier?
  17. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    out of everyone on Rooz i think Mint would of been the closest to making it, no doubt he would of been 7th overall i reckon.
    MINT_GTR likes this.
  18. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    not really, i think i struggled mostly because of focus. im comfortable with manual and can heel toe/revmatch no problem but my mind was all over the place in day 2.
  19. MINT_GTR

PSN ID
    MINT_Matt
    What an amazing couple of days of intense competition.
    Day 1 gaming rounds went really well as I think I finished near the top. When the initial elimination followed and we found out all the ROOZ boys had gotten through, it was definitely a relief.
    Fitness was tough as it was clear my group was pushing it to the next level. My pre training of 12.1 had me confident but looking down during lvl 7 and my right shoe lace had come undone?!? It wasn't really a distraction until lvl 10 hit and I lost rhythm and pulled off at 10.9. Push ups and plank followed where I managed 41 and 2:38 with nothing left in the tank!!
    I struggled to get to sleep that night, let alone a sleep in aka mus :p
    The final gaming rounds the next day was where I didn't get the times I new I could which was my only slip up finishing just outside the top 6.
    So the driving test and media test at Phillip Island was all that was left. Pressure built for me in the driving test , as I hit a cone on my first timed run and leaving it all on the last, thankfully I performed a really solid run. Media test was pretty straight forward and I felt I did a good job.
    I walked into the final announcement room extremely nervous as I new I was on the cusp of the top 6 if not in so I was pretty devastated to not have made it through. But honestly it has just made me more hungry for next year now and to share that experience with some amazing ROOZ guys was just truly amazing, supportive and hilariously fun.

A big thanks to all the ROOZ guys here for all the support for us while at nationals. Next year nationals begins tomorrow.......well maybe next week after holidays haha
  20. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    I would be training just in case mint, you never know if you might get called up.