Gran Turismo 7 Season 7 Division 1B

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Viperzed, Oct 10, 2023.

1. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    I knew you had it in you :)
    UrsineSaturn9 likes this.
  2. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Pretty close to cutting my losses with you guys this season. Obviously certain matters haven't gone to plan for anyone, and it's resulted in a sub par experience for everyone. I have two options:

A. We continue as we are with maybe 8 drivers per round for Div 1B and we see if the div lives for the remaining 3 rounds.

B. I split you up into Divs 1 and 2, and abolish the Div 1B title for this season. This would be a major boost to grids for the season for both Div 1 and 2.

Open to all ideas.
  3. Rangeraus

Rangeraus Team Driver Gold Member

Option C (really a variation of Option B)
    1. Top 3-4 Division 1B drivers get moved to Division 1 lobby
    2. The rest of Division 1B drivers join Division 2 lobby (this would obviously depend on Division 2 numbers)
    3. Div 1B championship continues, this would however mean the Div 1B drivers in the Division 1 lobby will always score championship points than the Div 1B drivers in the Division 2 lobby, regardless of whatever happens in those races. It would also mean that only the Div 1B drivers competing in the Div 1 lobby will be able to win the title.
  4. Viperzed

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    I won't run a championship that fragmented, if 1B is disbanded, the title goes with it.
  5. Rangeraus

Rangeraus Team Driver Gold Member

In that case I think (and it's just my opinion) option A would be a better idea... There are 3 rounds left so with current numbers there should at least be the option of merging divisions again if needed?
  6. HighStakes123

HighStakes123 Rookie

My opinion is that 1B should stick the season out unless the field is unanimous in calling an early season. We have had cancelled races before, for different reasons.

On another note

As it stands I don't think there's any point to labelling a division as 1B for future seasons. division 1B is the second division, it should just be called Division 2. Points don't carry across from Div 1B to 1A, and the only way the label of Div 1B makes sense is if the finishing positions of 1B merge races towards the 1A championship when they occur (to the detriment of any 1A drivers they beat). It also looks better when selling rooz to people to say they can start in Div 4 as it highlights the league's depth
  7. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Option A obviously, why is there an option B?
    Why dissolve 1B and disrupt div 2?
  8. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I agree, 1B should only exists if it is run within div 1. I'm not sure why it became a separate div. Maybe to stop div 2 winners having to go to div 1 and/or stop previous div 2 winners from winning div 2 again. We have never had anyone dominate div 2 though from memory.
  9. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Happy to keep chugging along
    Apex_64 and emmo46 like this.
  10. T F Eccles

T F Eccles Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    Got to agree with @emmo46 here. If you invoke option B, what becomes of points earned to date? If I was at the pointy end of Div 2, I'd be a bit miffed if someone from Div 1B came into Div 2 and jumped ahead of me.

Also, this week was a bit of an exception with Div 2, usually we have 10+ starters, typically 12 to 14.

I mostly of agree with @HighStakes123 except part of me doesn't like Div 2 becoming Div 3 and so on. Kind feels like a demotion.
    emmo46 likes this.
  11. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    How about 1A, 1B, 1C and 1D?
    Kieran_B33 and T F Eccles like this.
  12. Viperzed

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    That answers that for me, 1B or bust!

Thanks for your feedback everyone, we will press on until next season where we have a few changes planned.
  13. T F Eccles

T F Eccles Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    Now, there's some creative thinking.
    Kieran_B33 likes this.
  14. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Let's just keep 1B going, but I would recommend the top 4 move up to the 1A room as their pace fits well there.
    If numbers are low, we can merge with div 2 on a round basis.
    Perhaps in terms of the table, the top 4 while still in 1A could still accumulate top 4 position points in 1B and fight for the title, and the rest of us could score 5th and lower on the table
  15. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I suspect all this may have been triggered by my grumble after the race and not wanting to see out the season. I want to make it clear my dissatisfaction is with my own performance, not the series. The fact we have some very quick guys dominating the top positions isn't new, at least they are relatively competetive among that group. I really just want to race with others of my own pace. There is a bunch of us that could be battling mid to rear field but various misfortunes scatter us and that results in somewhat lonely races.
    @UrsineSaturn9 s carry on regardless attitude is inspiring and makes me feel a bit like a sook.
    I will persist for the rest of the season but won't bother doing hours of practice..
    I don't want to see 1B split up, dissolved or anything, let the guys doing well enjoy their battle.
    UrsineSaturn9, Apex_64 and Viperzed like this.
  16. Viperzed

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    This definitely wasn't a knee jerk reaction to your thoughts post race. It's been bubbling for some time and multiple factors including that bunch, some other outliers and attendance have all contributed. None the less, I'm more than satisfied that the admin team don't need to interject.
    Apex_64 and emmo46 like this.
  17. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64
    I think I deserve more of the blame, your post was personal and as you said more inward in complaint. I was outward and had a whinge and a dummy spit at my lack of similar pace to race with.
    You have obviously been in the wrong Div all season I have thought, and if it was me as you know I can whinge, and I would have I am sure.
    I am in the right Div I have just had too few to race with because of circumstances, hence my lack of desire to race except the sprint round.
    emmo46 likes this.
  18. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    It's difficult to have full grids in each division with everyone at roughly the same pace in each division.
    There will always be drivers who are consistently at the front in a season, and those who may struggle a bit.
    Without having a lot more organised qualifying sessions and grading, it's incredibly difficult to create "equal" divisions.
    We know some drivers are perma-div 1, but there are some (me included) who could probably drift between divisions.

Trying to "solve" this issue would require a lot of work and commitment from admin and also from a lot of drivers.
    Maybe we need to put more emphasis on the meet and greet, treat it more as a genuine grading session? Or have an extra session before the meet and greet each season to ensure we get as close to equality as we can across all divs.

Either way, glad I'm not in charge LOL
    Apex_64 likes this.
  19. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    I think the meet and greet should be used as a proper grading session also, and the fact it isn't definitely makes most of div 1 (myself included) treat it as an 'entertainment' session. I know i'd be up for the extra admin work if it means everyone can have a more enjoyable season.
    Apex_64 and leeboy910 like this.
  20. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    578Ks, Jeez I have just over 4000 on mine and still can't get it to turn into the apex. I watched bananajoshes fastest lap at Laguna for the meet n greet and cannot for the life of me work out how he can brake so late and wide and still make the apex. When I try it I just plough straight off the track. I have to start looking for the apex as soon I think about braking or I can't get to the apex at all. This car sucks in my hands.