Gran Turismo 7 Season 7 Division 1B

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Viperzed, Oct 10, 2023.

1. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    League rules and regs : http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/racing-rules-regulations.70/
    Racing Guidelines : http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/gt7-sunday-league-racing-room-guidelines.4776/
    Protest procedure : http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/procedure-for-post-race-complaints-or-protests.193/

Car : McLaren 650S GT3 '15
    (BOP on/Tuning Prohibited will auto-bop the car)
    Tuning: Prohibited
    Tyre Wear : 2x
    Tyres Required : RM & RS, One Mandatory pit stop (Except Sprint Round, No Mandatory Pit Stop or Tyre)
    Fuel Depletion : 3x
    Initial Fuel : 100%
    Qualifying regs : 10 mins (Qualifying Mode)
    Start Time : Qualifying 8:00 AEDT Race Start 8:10 AEDT (Enduro starts 30mins earlier)

Track list (event date)

Meet n' Greet: 15/10
    All Circuits - 10 min Sprint Races
    Round 1: 22/10
    Kyoto Driving Park - Yamagiwa - 28 Laps - Late Morning - 5x
    Round 2: 29/10 (1 Hour Race)
    Tokyo Expressway - South Counterclockwise - 31 Laps - Custom Weather - Evening - 5x
    Round 3: 05/11
    Red Bull Ring - 30 Laps - Custom Weather - Late Morning - 1x
    Round 4: 12/11 (Enduro Round)
    Autodrome Lago Maggiore - Full Course - 46 Laps - Custom Weather - Late Morning - 4x
    Round 5: 19/11
    WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca - 32 Laps - Late Morning - 4x
    Round 6: 26/11 (Sprint Round)
    Sardegna - Road Track - A - 3x 10 Laps - Preset - Equal Conditions - S01 - Late Morning
    Round 7: 03/12 (Retro Round)
    Autodromo Nazionale Monza - 24 Laps - Custom Weather - Late Morning - 4x

Room Settings:
    Room Mode: Practice/Qualifier/Race
    Room Privacy: Friends Only
    Room Name: RaceOnOz S7 Div 1BRnd#
    Race Type: Race for Real
    Max Number of Participants: 16
    Start Type: Grid Start with False Start Check
    Grid Order: Fastest First
    BoP/Tuning Forbidden: On
    Settings Options: Brake Balance On
    Tuning: Prohibited
    Boost: Off
    Slipstream Strength: Real
    Visible Damage: Off
    Mechanical Damage: Light
    Refuelling Speed: 8 Litre/sec
    Grip Reduction Off Track: Real
    Race Finish Delay: 180 sec
    Nitro/Overtaking System Usage Time Multiplier: Default
    Qualifier Settings
    Time Limit: 10 Minutes
    Qualifying Continuation Time: 180 seconds
    Tyre Wear Rate: 0x
    Fuel Consumption Rate: Same as Race
    Initial Fuel: Same as Race
    Filter By Category: Gr.3
    PP Limit: No Limit
    Max Power Output: No Limit
    Minimum Weight: No Limit
    Nitrous: Cannot be Fitted
    Kart Usage: Off
    Shortcut Penalty: Off
    Wall Collision Penalty: Off
    Correct Vehicle Course After Wall Collision: Off
    Car Collision Penalty: Off
    Pit Lane Line Cutting Penalty: On
    Ghosting During Race: Off
    Flag Rules: On
    Countersteering Assistance: Prohibited
    Active Stability Management: Prohibited
    Driving Line Assist: No Limit
    Traction Control: No Limit
    ABS: No Limit
    Auto-Drive: Prohibited

Room Host : Matthyus
    Back Up Host : Hatfield
    Room Captain/s : Matthyus, Hatfield
    Drivers List: Can change post MnG

1. Matthyus (Missing R7)
    2. Hatfield
    3. UrsineSaturn9
    4. Blockyrex
    5. Dynamite-296
    6. Whizz94
    7. Pryingstringray
    8. Emmo46
    9. Adam Thompson
    10. Apex_64
    11. Mustafur

Reserves
    Adza_85
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2023
    Ian Cannan, ADZA_85 and Matthyus like this.
  2. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Divisions have been seeded.
  3. Viperzed

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    @Matthyus are you happy to Host/Captain this season?

@Hatfield would you be available to back up host/co captain?
    Matthyus likes this.
  4. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    yep
  5. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
  6. Viperzed

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Track list posted, Laps will be updated over time as well as the the format for sprint being finalised.
    ADZA_85 likes this.
  7. BKXI

BKXI Rookie

I won’t be at the meet and greet tonight lads. See you all next week
    Matthyus likes this.
  8. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    No issues with connections tonight.
    The only issue was the room not wanting to change to the next track, however once @Hatfield left, we were able to.
  9. T F Eccles

T F Eccles Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    Yeah, we had that twice. Had to kill the room and start again the first time, 2nd time Moon left and it fixed.
    Matthyus likes this.
  10. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    Good fun tonight, should be an interesting season!
  11. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Oval race at the end was fun too!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  12. Bluemoon

Bluemoon Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    X-3vi1m00n
    Don't know what happened. I seemed to have problems yesterday night. Probably an incompatibility with another peer.
  13. Viperzed

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    OP Updated

Lap counts confirmed and TOD changes for all rounds.
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2023
  14. Viperzed

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Round 1: 22/10 - Kyoto Driving Park - Yamagiwa - 28 Laps - Custom Weather - Late Morning - 5x
    [​IMG]
    WELCOME to Season 7 for Gran Turismo 7!!
    As always please take a couple minutes to read the following so you have an understanding of what is expected on race night.
    If you have any questions, or want clarification on any of the rules or regulations please ask!

ROOM OPEN:
    Room captains may have practice rooms open beforehand but should have the official room up by 7:30pm AEDT. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread know if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.

SIGHT ISSUES:
    Before qualifying, exit to lobby and spend 30 seconds in spectate mode, scroll through the list of drivers on track and make sure that you can see their car. If you can't see somebody (and they are confirmed as being on track), exit the lobby, re-join, and check again. Type the number of cars you can see in the lobby chat and cross check with other drivers to ensure clarity.

QUALIFYING : 8pm AEDT for 10 mins.
    Feel free to run practice laps prior to qualifying, The host will trigger a 'Room Reset' closer to the commencement of Qualifying.

PITS ARE OPEN DURING QUALIFYING

RACE START TIME : 8:15pm AEDT

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS:
    This is up to the room host/captains. If there is a Disconnection (or cars stuck on grid) at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I would suggest only having 1 restart if required due to DSC, due to having to set up the room from scratch and also having to set timed laps in order to set the grid. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....

TURN 1 LAP 1:
    The old saying goes, you can’t win the race on lap 1, but you can definitely lose it. Please be mindful of other drivers on lap 1 coming into turn 1, and for that matter, the entire race. It can be very demoralizing to hot lap on your own for 45 minutes as I'm sure many of you are aware.

TRACK LIMITS:
    As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit. If you do make a mistake and have to run outside the limits, be aware that you are not allowed to gain any advantage, position or time wise. Track Limits protests may be launched by any active driver in the race.

Track Limits will be monitored at turns 8, 9, 10 and 14, as well as generally around the entire circuit. Track Limits will be altered this Sunday to be more in line with what the track allows us to do. Track limits will be defined as two wheels on the concrete apron, or white line, whichever is furthest out.

Is to be avoided at all times..... If you make contact with someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Occasionally, Gran Turismo track limits may teleport a disadvantaged driver backwards on circuit to ‘reset’ them, if this occurs at the hand of another driver, IT IS EXPECTED that the driver at fault will wait and redress the position.
    Side by side 'rubbing' is racing is allowed and promoted within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room. For clarity surrounding racing room, please feel free to PM @Viperzed
    Show each other RESPECT! It is difficult enough to drive the car at the limit on your own, without someone squeezing you within a millimeter of the grass.
    So be patient and show respect to your fellow drivers.
    If you are redressing contact, please do so out of the way of other cars, off the racing line, or if there isn't much room, off track.

PIT ENTRY/EXIT LINES:
    Pit Line Penalties are ON so you will be penalised in game if you cut any part of the entry or exit lines. Be mindful entering the pits that you will need to dart off to the left whilst possible in traffic. You may receive a penalty for misjudging your line on entry. On pit exit, cars exiting the lane are reminded to keep drivers left if there are any cars approaching T1, you will have to respect eachother on turn in to ensure no prangs are had.

BLUE FLAGS:
    Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS:
    This season, the Head Steward will be @Viperzed. If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let him know via a PM.
    DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. Stewards may ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captains to make any decision.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY:
    If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved!

PARKING UP:
    If you are unable to continue to race, please enter the pits and leave your game paused without selecting tyres so that your car stays parked in the pits. Parking up off track activates yellow flags in the sector, and even though penalties are off, we have reports of penalties occurring for passes happening near the parked car. Quitting off track results in a sometimes race ending lag spike and may be punished in extreme scenarios.

ATTENDANCE:
    Could all drivers please inform Room Captains or make a post on the division thread if they do not intend on racing on Sunday night, Room Captains/ Lobby Hosts are advised not to wait for anyone who has not communicated their intentions. If you do not post in your room thread or psn chat that you cannot attend, a spot may not be held for you for the following weeks race.

TRACK SPECIFIC - Kyoto Yamagiwa
    Kyoto is a fast and flowing fan-favourite that is returning to our calendar for the first time in over 3 years! Boasting a large amount of elevation change at high speed, Kyoto will be a tire destroyer as we expect to see drivers toss up between the 2 and 1 stop strategy. Kerbs can prove as fatal as they are helpful. Once the tires wear, they have the tendency to flick the car violently and prove difficult to manage late in the stint.
    Matthyus likes this.
  15. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Round 1 Results
    Qual
    [​IMG]
    Race results
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Hatfield and Apex_64 like this.
  16. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    My own lack of anything resembling skills went out the door tonight.
    Congratulations to to winners.
  17. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I was doing OK with most others having offs allowing me to move to 4th when I got the wobbles with about 5 to go and lost 20 seconds to two mistakes. Enjoyed it up til that point though.
    Apex_64 likes this.
  18. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    I was taken out at the chicane on lap 2. Finished the race fueled by anger.

EDIT: Yeah I'm done. Might see you next year.
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2023
  19. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64
    I was hoping as I closed on you with the RS you realised the gap behind me was 6 secs or so.
    You had 5th sown up, bad luck.
    I swear I came out the pits ok, but alas no, cost me atleast a battle for the podium.
    Congratulations Dynamite, BKXI and BlockyRex :thumbsup: It's an achievement just getting round clean on that :poop: track.
    emmo46 likes this.
  20. Ian Cannan

Ian Cannan Team Driver

PSN ID
    Whizz94
    I wasn't expecting too much from this race given my qualifying :(. So put the RM's on and proceeded on my way. Made steady progress for the first lap and a bit until I came across the mayhem at T8, T9, and T10. Thought I would make it through but got the smallest of taps that sent me off to the far wall. While trying to get back going again I got a massive punt from Thommo (sorry, for being at the wrong place at the wrong time). So ended that lap plumb last by quite some way.

Thought this'll be a great test session. Go my head down and didn't see anyone really until lap 26 or so. At some point I got the fastest lap which I think is the first I've had, Yay me! In those last few laps I caught @emmo46, @UrsineSaturn9, @leeboy910 and the infamous @Hatfield. I managed to pass all bar @Hatfield :mad:.

So, for me it turned out to be quite a fun night.

PS: Does having the flag rules on prevent ghosting?