DiRT DIRT Rally - Codemasters' new rally sim

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by TheStig13, Apr 30, 2015.

1. Fargonz

Fargonz Rookie

Tiny bit of rallyx footage in this vid
    Pringles_947 likes this.
  2. Pete

Pete Rookie

I have just been playing this again after being away. I have to say the FFB changes make a big difference I am just uing the stock settings and it feels much better. Is anyone else finding the same?
  3. Pete

Pete Rookie

Just as an experiment I created a league. Just to see how it works.
    Name: raceonoz
    Tag: roz

I set it as moderated, so I guess if you join you might have to wait to be accepted. If you try it let me know here
    Fargonz likes this.
  4. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Definitely. ;) Cool will try out the league too. :thumbsup:
  5. Fargonz

Fargonz Rookie

sent a request to join :thumbsup:
  6. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Yep I managed to join last night. :)
  7. Pete

Pete Rookie

Just accepted it.
    Stiggy is on there as well
  8. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
  9. Driftoz

Driftoz Team Driver Gold Member

10. Troy

Troy Rookie

its good fun will be awesome in multi player
  11. Driftoz

i hope theres 4way rallycross mp would be cool.
  12. zampli

zampli Team Driver

bought this, looking awesome
  13. Driftoz

14. zampli

zampli Team Driver

still suck at this, but so addicting....15% off this weekend
  15. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    Really love this game I want to get into it more and learn all of the tracks only know koryfi dafni at the moment lol anyone tried the upgrades? Do they make a big difference?
  16. Driftoz

i dont even know how to try the upgrades lol. I dunno if its a diffrent wheel setting or update or something but i actually managed to make it the whole length up pikes peak in a hill climb car, before they used to feel weird and i would crash constantly
  17. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    Tried out some tarmac stuff today it still feels very very odd for me just not natural feeling in oversteer or understeer and this weird oscillation bouncing around center but I don't get that on dirt
  18. Pete

Pete Rookie

Yeah the car upgrades do make a bit of a difference. It does feel quicker for the engine ones. I notice it for some of the events where the car is just stock.
  19. Pete

Pete Rookie

I just tried it yesterday after the last update and the oscillations when driving on dirt seem to have gone. But I also am trying a different wheel. So it is hard for me to say what changed. In generally I figured the bouncing was trying to simulate rougher roads. But like you said it is weird it doesnt happen on dirt. For the monte carlo stages I recall being able to feel in the wheel crossing over the snow patches, sort of like feeling the wheel ruts in the snow.

I put the different under/over steer feeling down to the fact that they are rally cars with a lot softer suspension. Playing with setups changes things, but car setup is a skill I am far from mastering.

I started up a league on there as kostar posted earlier https://www.dirtgame.com/uk/leagues/league/17368/raceonoz

There isn't an event running at the moment, open to any suggestions on what to run.
  20. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    Yeah on dirt it feels great everything works as it should but tarmac specially the rally X and Germany stages the wheel tarmac acts like it has ffb backwards constantly fighting itself I tested by driving a dirt stage and letting go of the wheel on a straight and the car tracked as it should and only got disrupted by bump steer from pot holes and grooves but on tarmac a completely flat round you let go of the wheel and the wheel goes into a frenzy smashing back and forth around center bit like having a high Min force setting and a center spring tried adding a small deadzone but it still was odd it felt more like grid ffb then the great ffb on dirt stages.unless they are still working on it?

Yeah I am interested in league but need to learn my way around the stages first lol ran a night stage last night and smashed out the headlights at the start and had to finish the whole stage with only the pacenotes lol was scary as fk lol