GT6 [COMPLETED 10/05] Pre-1984 - The Good ol' Years

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by JonoStan96, Apr 14, 2014.

?

Which pre-1984 car should we use?

1. Shelby GT350 '65

60.0%
  2. Dodge Challenger R/T Race Car '70

25.0%
  3. Ferrari Dino 246 GT '71

5.0%
  4. Ford RS200 '84

10.0%
  1. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Sounds like it was some good fun racing. So annoyed I missed it. Been sooo busy with work over these last two weeks, it completely slipped my mind that we had plans for this night. Was busy as hell over Sat as well so didn't even have the time to jump on here to say I wouldn't make it. Sorry Bruce.
    bjh1012 likes this.
  2. t_b_williams

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Will add results to ROC. Note: the date for the ROC has been pushed back due to the BYE rounds.
  3. bjh1012

bjh1012 Bruce Hale Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    bjh1012
    Thanks guys for the turn out last night . first race was good for me but i was way to hard on my front right
    but good clean racing from all us old guys even me and emmo did not get together & put one of us off
    The second race best i keep my mouth shut but i will say i was getting punch drunk from a cloned car
    have not seen it yet lol
    Well done Anon Cob & Gary
    Thanks guys BJ
    emmo46 and JonoStan96 like this.
  4. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    image.jpg
    JonoStan96 and Stumbles like this.
  5. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Was good racing last night. That car was great to drive and suited the track well. Had fun driving with the stick, although when under pressure it was hard to find the right gears with one hand and steer with the other. Thankfully the bear was with me and we powered through. Didn't realise I couldn't use the mic and the gearstick together till I got in the room. Probably made the room a much more peaceful place...

Bad luck Serge, had a great battle with you and Cob in race 2. I actually ran it a little wide there myself and held my breath, I stuck and you spun. Emmo had more horrid luck and the final corner took more than a few victims. Thanks again BJ and N64 for putting it together.
  6. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    True to old age symptoms I clean forgot about this until I jumped online, so missed the first race.
    Such a shame as the car was pretty fun to drive.
  7. t_b_williams

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Well done to Anon (middle aged and overall winner) and Cob (old bastards champ). You've been added to the ROC grid.
    Ad2mny and JonoStan96 like this.
  8. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Just watching the replay. Had an awesome battle with Molch for about 5 laps in race 1, so good when you can race flat out - bumper to bumper and have good clean fun... This is what RaceOnOz is all about as far as I'm concerned :)
    Until I ran Molch off the road :( sorry mate. I got a great run up the hill and out from the tunnels, braked a tad earlier and Molch got the little left hand kink a bit wrong so I went to go up the inside but didn't leave him enough room. After getting dirty tyres, Molch also ran wide at the last turn, I tried to help by push starting him up the little rise before the start/finish line though...lol. BJ and Emmo had both passed us at that stage.

Also noticed in the replay, the only bit of lag that I could see was from Gary, the host... Stupid PD.
    Emmo, it was a lag hit from Gary that put you into the wall.
  9. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    First race was a mess, for a bit was gaining on Cob but coming down before the first tunnel got a penalty and thought jumping on the clutch would be a good idea to avoid loosing speed... except I forgot to brake and went straight into the wall d'uh. After that it was pretty much an exercise of finding better lines and braking marks, which meant spinning a dozen times and coming in last.
    Second race was pretty good, held my own for three quarters of the race pushing lap after lap with good lap times, but Anon and Cob were faster and started to catch up. Anon took Cob and that seemed to pushed him back a little, then I held Anon for a lap or two which made for a great battle as he would lose on the first turn what he would gain throughout the track. That lasted up until I went slightly wide and touched the grass so slightly to lose the back. Cob went trough and emmo found my rear bumper where he stayed pushing very hard for a pass until the checkered flag.
    Not my best night but absolutely loved the car and track, specially that engine noice, muscle car heaven!
    I think this calls for more races with the old muscle cars, they make for great close racing.
    Well done anon, just too quick mate, for a minute there I thought we would be battling for the win in race 2... Oh well, back to planet earth.
    Last edited: May 11, 2014
    emmo46, Anon666 and JonoStan96 like this.
  10. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Sounds like fun guys , sorry I couldn't make it.
  11. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I had my heart in my mouth as this unwound, Bj and I had to thread our way between you and Molch and I arrived flat chat to the last corner and had to go around you, I was begging you would give me room and you did, thanx, it would have been messy if we touched.:eek:

Yeah, I watched the replay, it was weird, in my replay he lunges forward at the start of the corner and hits my car on the right rear with his left front and sends me flying into the outside wall, then suddenly his car jumps to the left to a nice neat inside run into the corner.
    I was really disappointed, I thought I could hold onto second from there, I had let anon off easy after beating him off the line by pushing too hard through the last corner on lap one trying to keep him out of my draft. I ran onto the grass, managed to keep it straight but lost enough momentum for him to power past. I was really looking to make things hard for him, his small advantage was mostly in the middle sector and I knew if I kept it tidy I could hold him out. After the lag punt I really enjoyed coming back through the field from 10th to 4th, mostly through others misfortune, I did manage a pass on bj that was very satisfying mainly because it didn't end in tears.

Race two didn't go well either, I should have been starting 4th last and ahead of Anon, Cob and Gary. I was looking forward to making a race of it with them. Unfortunately my game froze as I tried to enter the track for race 2 and I had to reset every thing to get back in. Consequently with the race set as reverse grid I was gifted pole, second really as some interloper got pole. The proviso was that I was to drop back to position. I did this after leading off the line and then somewhat foolishly slowing before the first corner. It got a bit frantic as guys tried to get around me. Some good driving by all the others prevented carnage and I dropped in behind BJ and stumbles where I should have started. The only problem was that Cob and Anon had gotten around them and were now a couple of cars ahead. Doh!!
    I had a very enjoyable race though as I fought through to 4th again. I was also entertained for a few laps following BJ and the interloper who were invisible to each other and pushing each other all over the track, Bj even took off into the air like a Cessna going through the fast double left at the back of the track, great stuff. I'll try and get a photo.
    I would love to do this again.
    garyw61 and Anon666 like this.
  12. bjh1012

PSN ID
    bjh1012
    I think we should do it again emmo i had alot of fun
    emmo46 likes this.
  13. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Definitely, I might do some testing of other old muscle cars and perhaps some other tracks and might be able to come up with a small season of racing maybe between S2 and S3.
    bjh1012 likes this.
  14. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I think we could run maybe a Camaro or something and put Anon in a beetle to make him work for the win.;)
    bjh1012 likes this.
  15. bjh1012

PSN ID
    bjh1012
    That sounds good emmo if i can help not that i can do much let me know
    setting up a room for the macca if you want to do a lap or to
  16. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Updated race laps.

old farts race laps.jpg
    S_CLOSE and SuiCid3 like this.
  17. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Wow.. Stoked my fastest lap was in there with you guys.
    I didn't manage to get any test runs in prior to the race so jumping in and falling right in is great news to me!
  18. WAC

WAC Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    i moved on..but damn it was fun!
    Great event - loved it - Nice one BJ (& Jono) :)
    Had just got in the door from a 550km day trip so was not feeling the sharpest but the car fitted like a glove.
    Fantastic battles but threw away any chance of a fight for second place coming onto the front straight (i think it's called a 'stumbles'?)
    Was gutted for Emmo, who had some real pace, when Gary lagged into T1 and pushed him wide.
    Thought Serg might just pull off a win in the second race but Anon had other plans and pulled clear in the final laps.
    Looking forward to the next one.
    Cheers guy's.
    emmo46 and bjh1012 like this.
  19. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Thanks for the thought Joe, I was pretty gutted too. After qualifying just over a .15 behind Anon I thought I was on for a good night, still happy with a couple of fourths but think I could have done better, I guess everyone but Anon could say the the same though.
    bjh1012 likes this.