Combining into 3 divisions?

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by midron18, Jun 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. midron18

midron18 Rookie

PSN ID
    midron18
    How many spots have there been in div 3 the first two rounds?
    And yeah hmmmm
  2. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    We had 8 starters in race 1. Two of those didn't show up for race 2 but 3 others that missed race one joined for race two making nine starters for that. All in all 11 have started at least one race and six have started both. I suspect we will probably have at least 8 or 9 each race til some get bored or disillusioned.
  3. midron18

midron18 Rookie

PSN ID
    midron18
    That's still enough to fit in 5 from div 4 :p
  4. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I think I get your motivation now. ;)
  5. midron18

midron18 Rookie

PSN ID
    midron18
    Them combine the points by race time
  6. midron18

midron18 Rookie

PSN ID
    midron18
    Lets do it :p
  7. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Still could be a bit tight if all 11 of the current div 3 runners start.
  8. midron18

midron18 Rookie

PSN ID
    midron18
    Hmm true, but I cannot see every single person turning up :p
  9. Darko

Darko Professional

PSN ID
    xxDARKOxx
    You want 16 starters at Madrid, good luck with that, if it happens then i'll give it a miss.
  10. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Your evil plan is working Midron ]:D
  11. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Ok, I am going to take the lead on this and make the formal response from the mod team.

Who remembers the 2nd B'Day races?

What happened when we changed things during that?

We annoyed the drivers that didn't want the changes, I got annoyed because I made changes some of you wanted and still got in the s#!t with people, plain and simple.

There is only a couple of people calling for this change up, and the majority are remaining silent (which generally means in a forum environment they are happy with things the way they are)

We need to be considerate of other driver's endeavours as they may be having points battles that they don't want disrupted a third of the way through the season.

Also Div 1 guys may not want to share a room with Div 4 guys, Midron how would you feel if you took Warrior for example out in a turn, and ruined his race?

It is all well and good to say all Div 4 drivers will yield at all times, but when you have a car come up behind you there is no way of telling who they are apart from colour, and I don't have that good a memory to memorise every driver's colour, when there may be 4 blue ones. So then we have some one like myself "put the elbows out" and potentially upset the higher div driver who I thought was Darko etc...

We will leave things as they stand, I have emailed all the Div 4 no shows, and am urging the other Div captains to do the same.

@Midron, I like your enthusiasm and passion for the series, and look forward to you running some of your own side series with that passion. But we just can't run a change this far into the season, sorry bud, case closed.
  12. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Hi all,

Have to say I agree with Clevo even though I'm not racing at the moment.

Just to add to what Clevo has posted, we have run into this problem in the past, and there are issues no matter what we do.

When we set the divisions up its based on people entering, and in good faith, believing they will show up. It's frustrating and disappointing for all of us when people don't show at all, after numbers are based around them showing. Not to mention the amount of work that goes into getting it all organized.

All I can suggest is that we continue to put on a good show with clean racing in a well organized league environment, and I urge you to add the guys to your lists so you can race with them and encourage everyone to show each week.

Personally, I am hoping the release of GT6 will give us all a fresh start with the leagues, and with the sponsors we now have and some of the things in the pipeline I can't see any reason why we won't fill all divisions and get the race experience we all crave. In the meantime, keep going, and we will contact all those who entered, and see what is happening with their season 11 entry.

Stu
  13. midron18

midron18 Rookie

PSN ID
    midron18
    +1
    You're a legend stu :)
  14. midron18

midron18 Rookie

PSN ID
    midron18
    You guys make ROOz that much better :)
  15. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Excellent call guys. :/
  16. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    it was clevo who made the right call on this guys, he is doing all the leg work at the moment, along with Anon and cyber !!!!!!

We do have a new member who is keen, darkace, please add him and show him how well we do things here. ;)

Welcome him in the new members thread and we have another driver which is what we all want

Stu
  17. midron18

midron18 Rookie

PSN ID
    midron18
    Yeah Clevo has been busy lately as I know and it's great of him to spend his time on this forum to keep things going sweetly!
  18. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    I think its been made much harder then it should be.

Why not just make two servers and if you fill your serverwithin 15 to 20 mins of qualifying get the other division host to make another and it can split.

By leaving some time gap everyone has plenty of time to get in the new lobby, and this way maximum attendence is assured whilst they get to race there actual competitors.

Have the first server a combination of 1st and 2nd division and the 2nd 3rd and 4th division so speed diffeerence isnt soo much, there will be some.times when there will be too many people to combine it but atleast everyone will know that it was the best they could get at any given round.

Our Sunday leagues look really unhealthy right now despite the fact we should have enough to easily get 2 strong servers.
  19. Bluemoon

Bluemoon Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    X-3vi1m00n
    Good call Clevo. As for checking driver names, you can use the rear view to see who's behind you as it shows the name. Then you can just remember that car until it gets pass or past :).
  20. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    You mean the "look back" button?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.