Battlefield 3 - who's getting it? for which platform?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by KoAStR, Oct 25, 2011.

1. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    So the second time I tried to get into this I noticed that my FPS were much higher than the first time, 60-70 in busy outdoor scenes and 90-100+ indoors, was very happy about that but unfortunately I was getting some severe stuttering due to the 11.9 CAP3's, decided I'd wait for 11.10, anyway, yesterday I installed 11.10 with the new 11.9 CAP4 profiles, stuttering is gone and still getting the same sort of frame rates mentioned earlier, finally I can play BF3 the way it's meant to be played. I had a couple of mutliplayer games yeste, good fun, will certainly be spending alot more time there, once I've done the campaign, I'm a sucker for sp campaigns, besides I can't pay for a game and not play all elements of it, I'd feel robbed, haha!
  2. carn_the_pies

carn_the_pies Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Raceonoz_Carn
    sunk 8 hours into this yesterday..i love battlefield.
  3. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Getting it on Ps3, end of week it should arrive. A m8 bought it online for $61 for the limited addition so had to wait. My young bloke the shooter in our family and he will be playing under my tag to get in battles teamed up with you guys for starters and get me some weapons too. I not the best shooter but looking forward to flying choppers and jets and having Douges jump out of the drivers seat and send me into the path of an enemy tank, LOL hey Azza
  4. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    still waiting for mine too bonus, hoping it will be here today or tomorrow..
  5. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Wher you get yours from stue? I think me M8 gets this dtuff from a UK dealer, all the way from UK for $61, we get ripped off here.
  6. carn_the_pies

carn_the_pies Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Raceonoz_Carn
    yeah ozgameshop is the cheapest bet..deliver from the UK and saves you heaps. downside is you have to wait for games to be delievered about 1-2 weeks
  7. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

Looks like you're getting good fps now snake. What's ur system stats and what level settings are you playing at? I'm still getting 70-80 outside and 100-120 inside with everything up to max, and no more stuttering!
  8. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    yeah i get my stuff from ozgameshop....heaps cheaper. just a bugger having to wait. got f1 from there too really cheap.

They also have some awesome specials on older games i get for the kids.
  9. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    Running an i7 930@3.4, 12GB Corsair Dominator 1600, XFX HD5970 Black, I've got everything maxed except deferred AA which is OFF, post seems to do a good job anyway and with next to no frame rate hit, whereas 4x deffered knocks about 20 frames off, I just don't see the value in it for the minimal improvement, I'm running it at 1920x1200 though as I only have a 24" display, but it's a good 24" display, haha!

When I upgrade the GPU and CPU in the new year I'll probably try to pick up a 27 or 30 aswell, thing is, I don't want IPS as this machine is used for gaming only, and I don't know how I'll go finding a non-IPS 30", may have to grab a 27" 3D screen.

So what's the go Chev, you running at 2560?
  10. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

I'm running at the same res as you, but with 4x AA. I havnt run it turned off cause I'm on a 27" monitor, so jagged edges are fairly noticeable so I like it on 4x. I'll have a look with it turned off and tell ya what happens. I'll probably gain 40 fps, lol. I still don't think the xfire scaling is too great for bf3. I'll install 11.10 and see what happens also.
  11. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    I was thinking crossfire scaling was pretty good tbh, I reckon the first time I ran the game it was only running off one core of my 5970, which would explain the fact I wasn't getting any stuttering, the next time I ran it my frames near doubled (probably an 80 odd % increase) but I had severe stuttering, until CAP4 came around, now it's gold, I dunno, you 6970 owners are never happy :lol:
  12. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

The 5970 is out performing the 6970 in single card performance, even though its an older card. I forgot that the 5970 was a dual core card, and the 6970 isn't. That's why ur performance is pretty good. Supposedly the 6970 in xfire is getting around 180% performance over a single card. I guess that's about as much as I can reasonably expect. My 2 6970s still match or outperform a single 6990 both at stock speed for less price, which is why I bought them. I run mine overlooked to 960 core and 1450 mem. I wouldn't say I'm unhappy with the xfire performance though. It's much more than I need. Next hurdle.....Skyrim.
  13. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    This is the only other game soon to be released that I'm worried about, if I can run it maxed out I'll be very happy, then there aren't really any other big games coming around before I upgrade, except for Mass Effect 3, which I should be cruisin with as it uses the same engine as the other 2 and I've had no worries with them.
  14. jezza1

jezza1 Rookie

Im getting it for ps3. Do yous use ozgameshop aswell? Thats where I get about half of my games I buy online from too. I found a site called gamecafe.com.au which has a big list of all official websites that ship to australia, and lists the cheapest price of each site, for whatever game youre looking for in order. Most of the time its updated to the latest prices but it sometimes isnt aswell, so theres 4 or 5 main sites I open up to compare the prices of games for because theyre always the cheapest. Those sites are ozgameshop.com, shopto.net, ausgamez.com, and sometimes zavvi.com. Theyre all proper PAL UK versions, thats why I go to them. I use to buy my games from ebay, but usually I would get gay hong kong versions so I stopped doing that lol. I ordered my battlefield 3 limited edition from ausgamez.com for $57:-D, just have to wait about 2 weeks for it
  15. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    Chev or Outta, have either of you guys had trouble with Origin today? I was going to hit some Battlefield but Origin keeps closing, it opens briefly then just disappears, wondering if they're doing maintenance or anything..
  16. M1K1_D

M1K1_D Miki D

I've got it on the PS3 and i suck! All the other players have all got advantages with better guns and armour. It took me 2 days to get my first kill FFS. Still, I love tearing around in any of the driving vehicles. Driving is in my blood. :lol::lol::lol:
  17. OuttaAngst

OuttaAngst Rookie

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I hope you didn't play for hours each day.
  18. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    i got mine today guys, i suck too miki.....in bf2 i think it took me about the same to get my first kill.

I read on the back there are 2 player co-op campaigns....what does that mean?
  19. M1K1_D

M1K1_D Miki D

Nah, probably 2 n' half hours per day between doing stuff then gettin ready to go to work at lunch to start my shift. I'm not gonna put the practice into this game, I need more time to practice for GT5.
  20. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    :lol::lol::lol:

Played last night with miki in the 2 player co op and what a blast !!

Miki spent more time reviving me than he did shooting up :):):):) for the first half hour :lol:

He also came to the conclusion that as a helicopter pilot, i make a world champion race car driver !! I suck at flying :lol::lol:

If anyone is a muppet like me and wants to blow some :):):):) up tonight in co op mode let me know, will go on after i do some prac for sundays race.

Stu