GT5 501-Make Sprint Challenge Series 1

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by SEIDO463, Apr 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

I'll try and make it man.
  2. Aza2672

Aza2672 Aron Baker Gold Member

PSN ID
    AB_Saints_25 (Formerly Aza2672)
    Yeah mate I'll be there :mrgreen:
  3. Aza2672

PSN ID
    Me and Holden are right for next saturday :mrgreen:
  4. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    Thanks for coming today lads, good fun racing.
    Great driving Chevwah!

If everyone is down for next Sat morning, round 2 is:

High Speed Ring. (Dynamic weather for race 2)
    OPEN MAKE

Hope to see you there!
  5. M1K1_D

M1K1_D Miki D

That was kinda fun. I thought I had the win after Chev slid into pits, Aza slid off the track and Seido put 2 wheels on the grass. It was all good until the last sweeper when a lagging Seido wizzed past me at 100 MPH and my connection dropped out a cars length from finish line.
    My time of 59.610 was just off Chev's 59.602. Not bad for standard suspension and gearbox. And no wing.
    Hope we get a few more next week.
    Race 2 we had 6 people, i think.
  6. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
  7. FloodSim

FloodSim Rookie

PSN ID
    FloodSim
    Is this running today?
    The first post says its today, I've sent a friend request to seido, but nothings happening??
  8. FloodSim

FloodSim Rookie

PSN ID
    FloodSim
    Great racing today guys. HSR has a knack of evening out the quick and the not so quick, so it generally makes for close racing. Which is exactly what we got.
    Shame I don't have enough buttons on my wheel to map the 'look left' and 'look right' buttons, coz at times it would be very handy on this track, especially when flying into turn 1, 3 cars wide :shock:

Here's my recap:
    Race 1
    Deciding on a whim I'd get out of bed and have a race, I came into the event with no preparation, no car, nothing. Seido was late getting on, but once he did and the rest of the guys joined we had a field of 5.
    I looked in my garage for something around 501pp, the nearest thing I had was a pretty heavily modified BMW Z4, so thats what I used. This thing was a real handful at times, which really showed in my results, very tail-happy which is NOT what you want in the high speed turns. I think it could have greatly benefited from a wing, which most other guys were using.

Qualifed first for race 1, but being overly cautious on cold tires and being off-line in a couple of places to avoid any contact put me back to last by the end of lap 1. But those long straights and the slipstream effect neutralise any advantage of those ahead. A couple laps in and I roared from 4th to 1st in one manouver down the main straight. Some good tight racing ensued; bad luck to M1KI_D getting dropped behind the pack.
    I was right behind Chevwah at the beginning of the final lap, right where I wanted to be so I could use the slipstream, but then things went wrong for me in turn 2.. My rear tires just seemed to die (even though I had 2/3 remaining), went a little wide, the back came around and there was nothing I could do to stop it. Apologies to Seido, who had nowhere to go but run into me as I was trying to get going again. Spun again on the final corner. Last place.

Race 2
    Reverse grid put me on pole again. Got a better start this time as I tried to figure out if the track was actually wet, or if the "weather" just made it look different. There didn't seem to much difference in grip. The guys with slipstream gobbled me up though. Aza and I came together slightly on final corner/lap 1, he did a good job not to spin but was of the pace coming onto the important main straight. I did back off a bit to try let him get a slipstream and maybe catch up, but in the end it didn't matter. Another spin at turn 2 put me back to last, apologies AGAIN to Seido, who hit me with nowhere to go.
    Chevwah had a comanding lead, but his spin opened the race up for anyone to win. I thought i was in with a chance in 3rd coming into the final lap, but it's as though my tires just let go again and the car became a nightmare to drive. Spun my way back to last.

All in all, disapointed with the results, but happy with the close racing we had. Thanks to all involved, I'll try make it to the next race as well.
    Did anyone have any problems with the connection in race 2? I think I was hosting after Seido dropped out. I've never hosted before, just wondering if my connection was up to it.
  9. FloodSim

FloodSim Rookie

PSN ID
    FloodSim
    Race 1 Results/Fastest Laps
    1st Chevwah 1:10.651
    2nd Aza2672 1:11.075
    3rd Seido463 1:11.738
    4th M1k1_D 1:11.158
    5th Floodsim 1:10.637

Race 2 Results/Fastest Laps
    1st Seido463 1:12.507
    2nd M1k1_D 1:11.667
    3rd Aza2672 1:11.265
    4th Chevwah 1:11.660
    5th Floodsim 1:10.802
  10. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    Nice write there FloodSim, thanks.

I really enjoyed the racing today. I've still got to post up pics from Race 1 round 2 at Tsukuba last week. Also I'll post up some pics from today's race too.

Hopefully this series really picks up and we get a few more next time.
    Sorry about being late guys.

I'll let everyone know a date for the next race soon!
  11. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    That 3 wide going into the first corner put a mad smile on my face lol
  12. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    So who's up for Round 3 this Saturday? any skyline at Autumn Ring!
  13. Aza2672

PSN ID
    yeah I'm there mate as always and I get my clubsport pedals for my fanatec 911 GT3 RS v2 wheel so it will be a good to try it out :mrgreen:
  14. M1K1_D

M1K1_D Miki D

I'm going to use the GT-R Pace car. Should keep the field behind me. lol
  15. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    lol ... hmmm you got me on that man. I did say no race cars... but technically it's a safety car....:):):):)e
  16. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    Hey guys,

Have made some updates to the start time and qualy.

Practice 10:15 am starting 15 mins later
    Qualy 10:45 am (shortened to 15 mins)
    Race 11:00 am

This weekend's race is at Autumn Ring. Any model Skyline (non race car)
  17. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
  18. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    Apologies to whom may have been attending tomorrow morning's 501 race but I'm not 100 percent sure that
    I can be online. My wife will be going to the doctors early in the morning. But there still may be a chance that I will be home in time to host (Japan in 1 hr behind Au at the moment)

So if I can't make it tomorrow morning, We can have the race this Sunday morning or next Saturday morning??
  19. Aza2672

PSN ID
    I'll go with the majority I dont mind racing Sunday or next Saturday :mrgreen:
  20. FloodSim

FloodSim Rookie

PSN ID
    FloodSim
    Nor do I, coz I won't be able to make the Saturday race either.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.