AC AC Weekly Fun Events!

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by AJ.Scott, Sep 8, 2014.

1. grat

grat New Recruit Gold Member

Are the 3 supposed to be close? I tried all 3 tonight and the BMW was (in my hands, of course) always quite slower (3 seconds?) than the other 2 (was around 2:21 on the others and 2:25 on the BMW). Though I think it must be a setup issue because the car kept bouncing so much I literally could not keep the wheel steady.
  2. Driftoz

Driftoz Team Driver Gold Member

i havent tried it yet but maybe the bmw could keep up on straights when drafting or something
  3. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Didn't think they would be close, but they are 3 fun cars. Nice to test though to see how close. If the Alfa and Merc are close then we can look at some events with them.
  4. grat

We have been "testing" on Driftoz server. A brief look at ptracker suggests Alfa is faster than Merc, which is faster than BMW. Also, Cherno is usually much faster than me, but with the Alfa I could outpace his Merc by a fair bit. Best laps were all from different people though. For same driver data and all with (almost) stock setup, I can say I did 2:17 with the Alfa, 2:20 with the Merc and 2:23 with the BMW. It could be just me that I can't control the BMW, but what worries me most is that I could do an entire race never above 2:20 with the Alfa and tyres were fresh after 5 laps. With the Merc I would lap in 2:21 and then the rear tyres would go completely after 4 laps. As for the BMW... I am not sure I have ever done 5 laps without getting in the grass a few times, so I am not a good tester... (I really can't get that car :()
  5. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Sounds like there's some fun to be had with a tiered allocation of those cars then...
    We could run some races with car allocation based roughly on AC season results to even up the field, so top championship finishers in the BMW, through to lower table in the Alfa with in-between in the Merc.
  6. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Yeah that sound good K. Will have a look at the ladder and try and sort something out...unless someone else does it before me??!!??
  7. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    OK so first pass - considering last season as well and outright pace not just champ standing.

BMW M3 E30 Group A DTM
    945kg, 350+ bhp, WPR 2.7kg/cv, 310Nm, 0-100 in 4.3s, 280+km/h max
    Drivers:
    1. Stig
    2. KoAStR
    3. QC
    4. Anon
    5. Cherno
    6. Glynn
    7. Sun Levi
    8. Cyber

Mercedes 190E EVO II
    980kg, 370+ bhp, WPR 2.6kg/cv, 310Nm, 0-100 in ??s, 294km/h max
    Drivers:
    1. FargonZ
    2. Pete C
    3. Cooper
    4. Justin Talent
    5. Steve Crossland
    6. Krunch
    7. Slasher
    8. Tovey

Alfa Romeo 155 TI V6 - 4WD
    1050kg, 420 bhp, WPR 2.5kg/cv, 294Nm, 0-100 in ??s, 280+ km/h max
    Drivers:
    1. Mael
    2. Pringles
    3. Wookie
    4. S_Close
    5. Driftoz
    6. Pickles
    7. grkinn
    8. grat
    Tovey I had you up top but to balance numbers put you in the Merc.
    We could also fine tune by tyre allocation. Each has Soft - Med - Hard (DTM 90s).
    Sorry if I've missed anyone whose keen just counting recently active drivers and keeping it to 24 in total.
    Tovey_4saken and Anon666 like this.
  8. grat

Sounds fun. Perhaps we can still keep the multiple races format, but with race 2 cars allocation based on inverted arrival order from race 1 (and perhaps then for race 3).
  9. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Yeah Grat. It's not a championship round so I think we will tinker as we go. Might play with tyre choices as well .
  10. Driftoz

So Monday is actually going to be a semi serious non-championship race with dedicated cars for everyone?
    Anon666 likes this.
  11. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

Looks like a good plan guys. I won't be here for the next two Monday's though so feel free to let someone else have my spot.
  12. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Yea pretty much, but think of it more of a testing night. We can shuffle car and tyre allocations around a bit from race to race.
    Driftoz likes this.
  13. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Yeah, what he said.
  14. Mael

Mael Professional

Hi Guys

Just spend the night racing on Baskerville v0.8 curtsey of a ARSE forum friday fun night. What a brilliant track, on first view it appears so easy but blind corners, negative cambers and tightening makes it an incredible difficult technical track. Plus a lap with the GTA only took just over a minute meaning tight close racing with short action packed races.

While I am not suggesting we change track for Monday, how about using a shorter version of Silverstone?
  15. grat

I spent the night seeing your names on that server and wondering how to get the password :)

On the post itself: Baskerville is good fun and quite hard. But how was it with 20+ cars? GTA's are fine for short tracks, but maybe the DTM cars would be a bit packed?
  16. Mael

Mael Professional

17. grat

Ouch... I missed it... :(
  18. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Yea nice track eh. We ran the 0.6v in a hotlap challenge prior to the AC season's kicking off in the Ford Sierra Cosworth GrA.
    Also did some races in the Fiat 500. The GTA would be sweet around there too with a nice grid.
  19. wookie_666

wookie_666 Rookie

Sorry. So which track and car do i need to make sure I have for tonight?
  20. Driftoz

Wookie you'll be in the alfa 155 ti on silverstone which are stock game content if you have the dream dlc