PCARS GT3 Challenge

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Ad2mny, May 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Killercarlcox69

Killercarlcox69 Professional

PSN ID
    Killercarlcox69
    I had no problems thru the race the graphics were amazing the info on the Z4 dash was great and life like you can notice the track temp changing during the night . I jumped the start as i had the clutch in and rolled , there's not much time when the race starts to settle in on the grid i find . I stuffed the pit stop strategy up twice and spun off 3 times .
    I found the room ran perfect no lag no glitches .
  2. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    I assigned the ignition and start engine controls to buttons.
    Just found some posts suggesting that mapping these controls somehow stuffs up the auto-start engine option.
    Will try unmapping the ignition and start buttons and see how that goes.
    Failing that, will try setting something for the clutch to see if that will help.
    Killercarlcox69 likes this.
  3. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Started at the back of the grid but still managed to go backwards. Who was it that DSC'd off the grid? Bad luck anyway. Dodged @SuiCid3 for the 2 laps he was stationary, half expected you to DSC. Pitted lap 17, checked over my settings and they were all good, took a little fuel off the refill and set off again. Gave the faster traffic plenty of room, except Rano sorry mate should have let you past instead of trying to battle it out on a controller. Slowed and let him past after bashing him off the track. Caught Gary again after he lapped me when he had headlight issues, and trundled home second last. Straight after I jumped in the mclaren and was instantly 3 seconds faster lol. Oh well.
    SuiCid3 likes this.
  4. Killercarlcox69

PSN ID
    Killercarlcox69
    So from that series we learnt a hell of a lot . Now what ?
  5. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Plenty of abuse to the official Pcars forum about what we've seen that is wrong with the game so far and what they can do to improve. @TDZdave has his enduro next Friday at Le Sarthe. Then we'll do some testing for some one make racing.
    TheJuzzy likes this.
  6. Killercarlcox69

PSN ID
    Killercarlcox69
  7. bencrow-

bencrow- Rookie

PSN ID
    bencrow-
    I thought it was Watkins Glen
  8. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Oh crap I hope not I don't know that track at all lol.

That's why I chose the Aston Martin cause its fastest in a straight line!

Oh well...
  9. Giant slayer

Giant slayer Professional

PSN ID
    GiantSlayer_48
  10. Giant slayer

Giant slayer Professional

PSN ID
    GiantSlayer_48
    Here you go @finchy

If you see the end of the video you were doing the sideways drift lag thing which others also saw but up to the point where I made the move on you on the inside you weren't doing it at all
    just at that point your Internet decided to go and do it thing
    Quick question are you sharing the Internet because when that happened and it's like someone is starting to browse the net and it is something that has happened with you on a couple of occasions
    TheJuzzy likes this.
  11. Noxrai

Noxrai Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    Hey guys. Had some fantastic racing last night. Again it was me and @thebigRAGOO_14 having a real tight battle for a good 15 laps or so. Was having an immensely fun time and didn't even care we were slowing each other down allowing @Giant slayer to slowly catch back up. Just couldn't quite shake that Bentley lol.

I realised why I eventually ended up quite a ways ahead of you @thebigRAGOO_14 after my pitstop. It turns out during my mad rush to try and reset my tire pressures in the pits to something that would be drivable, I didn't notice that my "change tires" option was set to "No". So in effect all I did was waste time, topped up some fuel and headed back out with old tires. No wonder my car was getting super twitchy and scary to handle in later stages of the race (Eau Rouge was getting increasingly scary to the point I almost lost it on lap 26. Slowed down a wee bit after that pant moistening moment lol).

Anyway I'll try and get the video up as soon as I can. Probably by Monday as I'm quite busy this weekend. PC decided to do an automatic restart to install updates halfway through the race as well:mad::mad:, so I wasn't able to record the whole thing. So I'll re record the rest of the race from the saved replay ingame.

Cheers
    Ad2mny and TheJuzzy like this.
  12. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    You are going to love the T300!
    Ad2mny likes this.
  13. Sir Nige

Sir Nige Rookie

PSN ID
    SirNige
    Usual issues joining 1no force feedback, then 2 bumper cams but got in with 10 mins of practice to go.

Had solid practice all week and comfortable with car, but really struggled last night could not get hooked up at all.

Finchy I was a bit far back to see you and slayer. Some footage of race below.

Agreed plenty to take away from the trial run. Can we set up a separate thread to discuss the new format will be much easier to keep up with all suggestions.
    Killercarlcox69 likes this.
  14. TDZdave

TDZdave Team Driver

PSN ID
    TDZ-4-12-14-88
    @Ad2mny its 2 hours of Watkins Glen :p I have noticed that some of the GT3 cars have had a factory BoP change, guess that means that the Devs have kept their promise of a continual BoP update :D
  15. finchy

finchy Rookie

Id like to know what would happen (when a proper series is created with points etc)

No internet sharing on that night.
    But it does seem clear to me u broke to late ran into my side lighly and then ran off the circuit yourself, hence you out broke yourself, in the words of the great casey stoner, ambition out weighted talent haha
    Anyways i dont mind beind tagged it happens but i do mine the person not giving the place back, you were first then tdz then sir nige, at least i thought it was nige. Everyone took me out then didnt address the failed move.
    Then the corner cutting towards the end of the race f'ed me off as well.
    Honestly i was very disappointed with the driving if this is how the series will operate theres no way id want to be involved.

As for the drifting havent heard anyone saying i waz during the race but we will have to keep a close eye on it.
    Kinda looks like when i hit the wall it stops or maybe i waz just sideways.
    Cheers for the replay
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2015
  16. thebigRAGOO_14

thebigRAGOO_14 Team Driver

PSN ID
    thebigRAGOO_14
    Sitting on the fence with this one here lads. Everything looked fine until that snap drift kicked in. It's quite hard however as everything looked for until the corner began. My only view really though is that if that wasn't the drift glitch or whatever you call it and giant slayer looks isn't there it looks as though you were on the way to a spin. Not blaming anyone however as it's to hard to tell what really has happened in terms of the drift. Have a gander at niges video finchy as it does seem like your drifting it around for some people and not others
    TheJuzzy likes this.
  17. TheJuzzy

TheJuzzy Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    TheJuzzy
    Finchy had the drift on in the practice race , at bathrust he had it there to , he ran into me as he past me into turn two , I tried to leave as much room as possible but still copped a hit coz of the drift thing , it was bad at Bathurst . as for the touch with slayer , sorry Finchy but slayer was on the ripple strip then he copped a hit as that drift thing started . now the cutting corner's thing . I would have copped a penalty if it was as bad as you were saying , and as for going all over the place in the braking area , I lost control trying to miss you , I've never come across anything like it in a racing group over the year's. And try to keep the swearing down in the forum.
  18. CobMcCool

CobMcCool Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    Nice vid, but you did incriminate yourself somewhat going outside track limits at the top of Eau rouge, more than once and using the advantage to gain a position,keep in mind in a normal league race this would have resulted in a penalty, and if done repeatedly a DSQ
  19. thebigRAGOO_14

PSN ID
    thebigRAGOO_14
    Fast left hander before the bust stop was quite a popular place for track extending also. Unless everyone is recording it's hard to police however
  20. thebigRAGOO_14

PSN ID
    thebigRAGOO_14
    In niges defence however if your talking about the pass on redeemer both drivers were outside the limit so that would almost void the though of gaining an advantage wouldn't it if they both were outside the limit? Not sure on the rulings regarding that however.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.