Turn Left Racing Team (TLR)

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by MINT_GTR, Jul 30, 2014.

?

Team livery or solo colours for season 3

1. QVS team livery

8 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Solo colours

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Hey all... Sorry to hi-jack your thread but the HI-TEC OILS GT SERIES is coming soon. The 6 cars available for season 2 are GT300's RE AMEMIYA RX7 & SUBARU BRZ. GT3's SLS AMG GT3, AUDI R8 LMS, BMW M3 GT2 & NISSAN GTR GT3. The BHP to equalize them is close to being finalised but not quite. So have a chat to the guys amongst your team as it would be desirable if you could form a team with 1 from each division ( gold div1, silver divs 2 & 3 & bronze div 4,5 & 6) and run as a factory team( same car same livery)by all means this doesn't mean you are restricted to entering with your league team. start date is after BJH ROC on the 12/10 and has a 99.9% probability that it will be on sunday night 19/10. If you didn't see or hear about season 1 it's a cracking series as you league captain can attest too as the season 1 overall champion
    Peter Wise likes this.
  2. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Get well soon Cap. I'll keep a hand on the wheel of this ship till your back.
    Peter Wise likes this.
  3. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    copperj32. Steam: copperj32
    I will make the race tonight, Good luck to everyone. Have done no practice so i have no idea on pit strategy or tyre wear :confused:. Ill just wing it and see what happens :)
    pykeybraa145 likes this.
  4. pykeybraa145

pykeybraa145 Team Driver

PSN ID
    pykeybraa145
    How did everyone go ?I qualified 4th but I had traction on for some reason so i left and turned it off and i was dead last. Moved up slowly.. Last 6 laps i needed to do 16 laps on tires because I under fuelled couple times so i had a big stint and dropped down to 7th from 4th. But i don't mind i am really happy with that result i sit 8 points behind in the title hunt and sit a solid 3rd. For a chap that finished 7th I am on cloud 9
    Vaughan Healy, pat65 and MINT_GTR like this.
  5. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    I qualified 5th and finished 7th (out of 8). Thanks t_b for the pit strategy.
    pat65 and MINT_GTR like this.
  6. MINT_GTR

MINT_GTR Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    MINT_Matt
    Just experienced one of the most epic races in div 1. Being sick all week and no practice, I wasn't expecting much but i raced extremely well and it turned out to be a double podium for TLR in div 1 :D....myself 2nd and Dan 3rd :thumbsup: The craziest part is the top 3 were split by 0.302 of a second over the finish line :eek:
    One happy captain and some great points for the team. Hope everyone else were fortunate in there results this week as well :)
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2014
    pat65 and Peter Wise like this.
  7. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    Qualified 9th and finished 5th, after dropping 11th on the first few laps trying to find a rhythm. Very satisfying race, could have been 4th, but Luke(S4v3d$ caught me two laps from finishing on a 5 stop strategy and I had no tyres to hold him off.
    Will miss next Sunday's race as I'll be in Sydney all week, flying back on Sunday night.
    pat65, Peter Wise and MINT_GTR like this.
  8. MINT_GTR

PSN ID
    MINT_Matt
    A big thanks to @t_b_williams for picking the joker this week as well which went to Dan Holland. :thumbsup:
    pat65 and Peter Wise like this.
  9. t_b_williams

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Should have gone with my gut though Cap. Was gonna go with myself, and what ya know, I won. Was a see saw battle for the lead between me and others on 3 stoppers. They fell short at the end though. Very happy with the points for my title shot and for the team.

@S_CLOSE Right click on any of our signatures and copy image URL for the team logo and edit your signature. paste it in the image button. Just don't use mine, its a single photo that I combined with my car shot.
    pat65, Peter Wise and MINT_GTR like this.
  10. Molch

Molch Rookie

PSN ID
    Molch_82
    Qualified in 3rd and finished in 3rd. Was awesome race, right to the end for me.

I had a 5 stop planned, and at times thought it was a mistake but stayed on it. it worked out well for the 3 podium finishers in div 4 all doing 5 stoppers.
    pat65, MINT_GTR and Peter Wise like this.
  11. Jamie

Jamie Rookie

PSN ID
    Moozer81
    Got held up on both my quickest qually laps but stared 4th and was a pretty lonely race with everyone on different strategies but came home in 3rd after 4 stopping. First and second place were on 3 stops and held on to make them work after I got a 10 sec penalty for cutting the chicane which hurt bad. Sounds like div 1 had a cracking race! Well done on all the podiums TLR.
    pat65, MINT_GTR and Peter Wise like this.
  12. pat65

pat65 Professional

PSN ID
    patg65
    Qualified 7th I think. Worked my way up to 2nd at one point, dropped back to 4th before my second stop.
    Followed two others into the pits and got held up massively.
    Ended up coming 5th, was on a charge for the last few laps chasing down 3rd and 4th, would have been in striking distance on the last lap but I went too hard into the final chicane and copped a penalty.
    Overall good race, plenty of battles, only issue was a certain back marker who needs to learn how to give way when being lapped.
    Peter Wise, Jamie and MINT_GTR like this.
  13. t_b_williams

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Will try to get a room open for team practice later guys. Not home yet after the young fellas soccer presentation night.
  14. MINT_GTR

PSN ID
    MINT_Matt
    I'm on it TB, room open everyone :)
  15. t_b_williams

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Gonna give it a miss tonight sorry boys. Only just got home and got the boys to bed. Need an early night for a change. Need the practice as well as I'm no where near my preseason times.
  16. MetalGear9493

MetalGear9493 Team Driver

PSN ID
    MetalGear9493
    Hey, I've created a new account with the name TRL_holl01, (wasn't even a member of gtplanet anyway), so I'll be sending out friend requests to all again, or you can meet me half way, whichever comes first.

Last weeks race was full of missed opportunities for me, after succumbing to a brain fade and being relegated to last after grabbing pole, I knew I needed to get moving right from lap 1. I then had a mysterious 5 second false start penalty, which didn't help the cause. Managed to catch up to the back of the pack pretty quickly, and found myself in a situation where the front runners were within touching distance, yet still a long way off, for a good portion of the race. It was only a case of me finding a nice rhythm in the final stint, coupled with the leaders skirmishing amongst themselves on dead tires, that I had a chance to bridge the gap and join the front, right at the death. I certainly wasn't going to make any bold moves to attempt to claim an unlikely victory and was happy to finish 3rd aswell as grabbing a couple of points for fastest lap and pole;)

If it weren't for a 10 second penalty mid race for barely cutting the final chicane, I probably would have been a serious chance at winning it. Cheers.
    t_b_williams and S_CLOSE like this.
  17. t_b_williams

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Hope everyone has a good race tonight. Sorry I couldn't make it to the team practice session this week. Just make sure you remember the run offs at turns 1,2, and the final corner are like ice. If you can, take the time to practice the defensive lines going into those corners.
  18. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    Only 5 starters in div 5. Qualified 3rd, finished 2nd so happy with that :)
    Blindman and MINT_GTR like this.
  19. Molch

Molch Rookie

PSN ID
    Molch_82
    I went better then I was expecting coming into the night taking away another podium in 2nd place.
    Peter Wise and MINT_GTR like this.
  20. MINT_GTR

PSN ID
    MINT_Matt
    Another race, another win I threw away :( I had a 7second lead with 3 laps to go and I spun at turn 2.....had a great final lap battle with rotor but in the end he deserved it more and I am stoked to see him get his first win. I am pretty gutted since I know these points are crucial for the team to stay at the top but that's the way it goes. Just seeing all the other great results from the team is making me feel better already :thumbsup:
    Peter Wise likes this.