Season 8 (GT6) & Season 2 (PCars) Cross Platform Teams Championship

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jan 6, 2016.

1. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    [​IMG]
    Just a brief outline on the Teams Championship
    All drivers signed up to race in the new season can be bid on by the 8 Team Captains in a behind the scenes process which will see them signed to one of the 8 teams.
    The entire process is completed prior to season start.
    This determines the teams for the upcoming season and points accumulated by the drivers goes towards the teams championship (like constructors champ in F1 for example)
    Teammates can help each other out with driving tips, strategy etc. Like a bunch of little communities in our big community :) I find it bring along some more healthy competition while still endeavouring to help out anyone who needs it.

Budgets & Rules

Budgets:
    HTO $330
    PRT $400 ($40 leftover halved from last season + $20 to compensate for Captain not driving)
    NLR $400 ($50 leftover halved from last season)
    RZR $440 ($80 leftover halved from last season)
    SAR $430 ($60 leftover halved from last season)
    GRT $480 ($100 leftover halved from last season)
    TLR $440 ($50 leftover halved from last season)
    BHR $400

Captains can have any number of drivers on their team but only the highest 7 will score points for their team each round (which caters for absentees)
    They must have a minimum of 9 drivers on their team. (including Captain unless Captain isn't racing)
    Drivers have no say in their team selection. (but they may refuse to be part of the Teams Championship entirely)
    The minimum increment bid for a driver is $10.
    Drivers retain their price halved (rounding up) as a minimum bid from the previous season.
    Unsigned drivers at the end of the bidding process will be assigned a team after completing one round of the Season.
    Unsigned drivers at the end of the bidding process will have their minimum price reduced back to $10.
    Each Captain will submit a bid in a private conversation with myself which must contain bids on drivers for a minimum team count of 9.
    No more than 2 bids may be for drivers in the same division.
    The highest bid for each driver will succeed and any failed bids will be returned for the Captain to be able to rebid on different drivers.
    In the interest of having each team represented in each division, each team must attempt to have a driver from each division signed for next season. (including Captain)
    Captains will be unable to bid on a third driver in any division until they have 1 signing from each division (unless all of a divisions drivers have been allocated)
    Only drivers who have indicated their interest in the Entry List Threads or been placed into a division thread may have bids placed on them
    Drivers who join mid-season and indicate interest in joining the Teams Championship will be assigned to the lowest overall team (before joker calculations)
    In the instance a team has a DNS counted as one of their scorers for a round, they will replace the 0 points with the lowest points scored for another team. (this scales if there are 2 DNS, then they get the lowest score and 2nd lowest score)

Joker Card:
    Each Captain has a Joker Card they can play before each round whereby they nominate one driver on their team to score double points for their team that round.
    The Captain may nominate 2 reserve jokers also, whereby if their first pick did not start, was disconnected, receives a penalty, or was lag punted, the reserve driver may take the joker.
    If a card is not played or played late then the lowest point scorer for a team becomes the joker. (but this joker cannot outscore the lowest scoring joker of all other teams for that round)
    A driver can only be nominated for a total of 2 rounds in the Season. (Captains may nominate themselves for 1 round only)
    Deadline for Joker Card nomination is 8pm Sunday on the same day as the round.
    Captains should nominate their joker through PM to @Hatfield
    If a driver nominated does not partake in the subsequent round, that round will not count in their total rounds of nomination.

Unchallenged Driver Retention
    Each Captain may retain three of their drivers at their current cost (minimum $20) automatically without any bidding or challenges from any other Captains
    Drivers obtained in the bonus bidding round, or randomly allocated mid-season may not be automatically retained

Challenged Driver Retention
    Each driver can be retained by their team at their current cost (minimum $20).
    Other captains may bid for a driver up for retention, but if the retaining captain matches the bid they will sign the driver

Drop Round
    At the end of the season, each team will drop their round which had the lowest point score
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2016
  2. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2016
    Beau_Albert, TDZdave and Kieran_B33 like this.
  3. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2016
  4. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2016
  5. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    First confirmed Captain, for The Gamesmen Racing Team (GRT), introducing @N64TheStig007
  6. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Second confirmed Captain, for Hi-Tec Oils Racing (HTO), replacing myself, @VARDZ
  7. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Steam ID: beakeroo iRacing: Frederick Barr
    Team bidding?

Can we keep our team together from the HTO series of PCars?
  8. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    no beaks completely different series... each driver is bid on by the captains and you go to the highest bidder
  9. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    It doesn't quite work that way as the problem is all the quickest guys in each division can decide to team up and run away with the whole thing. Captains have to outbid each other to acquire drivers
  10. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Third confirmed Captain, for Selby Acoustics Racing (SAR), introducing @Konnor McCluskey
  11. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Fourth confirmed Captain, for ROOZ Racing Powered by Turtle Beach (RZR), introducing @disturboed
  12. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Fifth confirmed Captain, for Bruce Hale Racing (BHR), introducing @SPL Racing
  13. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Sixth confirmed Captain, for Pagnian Racing Team (PRT), introducing @NAACS
  14. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  15. TheJuzzy

TheJuzzy Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    TheJuzzy
    Think I'll race as a privateer as my results are a bit inconsistent . Plus I don't want the pressure of having to do well at each round coz I'll miss a round while I'm @ the Bathurst 12 hour .
  16. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Are you sure? Running in a team gives you the added benefit of have a group of people around you helping you out in addition to our already fine community.
    Also not all drivers in the team each round score for the team...only the top certain amount. It is never a case of letting the team down, as there are always others to cover (if a Captain has built his team correctly)
  17. TheJuzzy

TheJuzzy Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    TheJuzzy
    That was a good arm twist , all right I'll put my self up for bid , think I'll be bargain basement price . ha ha . I'll only be doing Pcars as the PS3 lives down in the house now .
    Killercarlcox69 likes this.
  18. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Steam ID: beakeroo iRacing: Frederick Barr
    Privateer please and thank-you. I understand the advantages but I've got a group to practice with anyway cheers.
  19. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    sure thing
    Good to hear ;)
  20. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield