Season 7 Division 3

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Apr 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

From watching the race, and knowing what I had learnt through prac (had about 20 minutes practice leading up to the room opening) & a fairly poor qually, I could have finished in 5th. I was sticking to the track and having a clean run in prac/qual! FU GT5 NETWORK, NOW I WILL NEVER KNOW!

Was funny watching your car run around for a bit there moon, front end looked like it was about to fall off on the RHS (and the rear was looking messed up too) and that was around L9 :lol:

Was a shame we had so many drivers missing last night though :(
  2. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

Congrats Cob, I believe that is your 1st ROOZ league win. Congrats mate. Congrats to the rest of the podium too. Shame about a couple of guys dropping out, thinned the field abit.
  3. sirdave

sirdave New Recruit

My first race with a manual gearbox, not sure why I didn't switch sooner. Best lap time in race time was 3 secs faster than previous best so hopefullly I can avoid those DNF's soon. Missed out on finishing by 1sec last week and about 10secs this week :(

Having a fun time and hopefully didn't cause any carnage?

Well done Cob and sorry about your dropout Rumble.
  4. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

Dave, jump into arcade and practice with the manual. You will get really comfortable with it faster than you think.
  5. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    Bah, just when I think I'm getting the hang of it, i bugger it up again.

Had 2 strategies in place. One was a 3 stop and one was a 4 stop all depending on tyre wear. I had done a reasonable amount of practice and was getting some good times I felt. I decided to qualify on the mediums for something different and managed to get 4th or 5th, can't remember now.

For the first few laps I was hanging on to the top 5 without letting the leaders sprint away too much, and I assumed they were on the softs. Then I had a moment by myself on the 2nd last corner spinning in front of homebrew who had nowhere to go but into the side of me (sorry man) and as a result i got major wheel damage and engine damage, which dropped me further back due to the car not working properly. In my frustration, half a lap later I spun again at the end of the back straight. This didn't help my tyres any, and widened the gap to the front. My strategy quickly changed to the 4 stopper and from there it was a pretty lonely race.

Unfortunately I wasn't really able to make up any ground on anyone and even though I passed some people in the pits, they would pass me again when I pitted. I was able to switch back to my 3 stop strategy though with some tyre conservation. I was able to JUST avoid getting lapped by Cob midway through the race after my 2nd pitstop and pulled away from him in the following laps.

In my last stint I ended up ahead of homebrew & moon when they pitted with about 6 or 7 to go, and with there much fresher tyres (and softs I presume, I think i was on meds) they started to close the gap. I just had to keep it clean and tidy and stay on the track. On the 2nd last lap, I lost it after the back straight again allowing them both past and for me to lose my top 5 spot. Bummer.

2 more rounds to go. Nurburg is going to be interesting!
  6. Bluemoon

Bluemoon Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    X-3vi1m00n
    Errm... so what settings are we using?

And if it rains, do we still need to use both soft and medium tyres?
  7. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

Check Post 197 http://raceonoz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1153&p=8 Can check some post above for some more discussion but that pretty much is it. Just was doing some final testing tonight. Will be posting exact time setting tomorrow.
  8. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    This is what i want to know. What if i get to lap 7, it is bucketing down and I still haven't used the softs? Do I have to put them on and do about a 30 minute lap?
  9. Cyber_STIG_77

Cyber_STIG_77 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
    We are not going to have weather change, only time change
  10. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

Yea cant use weather this race, as there is no option to start under sunny conditions with weather on anymore. When you used to be able to do that ud only get light rain which was drivable on racing tyres. Now with weather on it always starts wet with it getting heavier. Which means its would have to be a declared a wet race with wet tyres.

Which would screw tyre regs, we could probably look into doing a full wet race next season on one of the other tracks where weather available.

Settings are 4.00am race start
    Time prog 24
    Weather OFFF

By the time u allow for qual the race will start around midday. Race will take about 24hrs in game time so it will finish around midday. Want to do a quick test with qual later to make sure of the times, the only possible change is race start might move back 30 mins to an hour time prog will stay the same though.
    /cheers
  11. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

Is Div 3 going to start the qualifying early due to the 15 minutes needed to qualify or are we starting as per normal?
  12. Bluemoon

Bluemoon Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    X-3vi1m00n
    I don't mind starting 15 mins early, as long as everyone agrees.
  13. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Yep, I'm ok with it.
  14. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Just make sure you let everyone know guys. Message through psn and also pm through the forum would be good.
  15. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    Hi guys

Unfortunately, I wont be able to make tonights race, as I'm just about to head off to Orange to work a Monster Truck show there.

Whilst the show is on in the afternoon, I can't guarantee what time I will get home, so will just say I wont be there for now.

Have fun at the 'Ring everyone! And beat that damn Dutch!! LOL
  16. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

I should really be practicing but with the top 400 songs of the 1990's still going on MTV Classics, I am finding it hard to start the PS3 up :lol: It is in the top 40 now so is showing a tonne of awesome songs (with the occassional fail song though) :D

I have done the Nurb that many times since I got the game though, I don't think I need to practice it. I just need to drive well :)
  17. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

Ok i just did a final test run and I can see qual taking about 22min once everyone gets on track and finds a slot. With this in mind just a slight tweak to the in game race start time to 3:30am

So Final settings
    In game race start 3.30am
    time progression 24
    Weather off
    varibility 0

Once you have reset the track for qual aim to to start the race once the total time (located top right corner) is between 20-22min.

This info will be posted in all division threads.
    /cheers
  18. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

Thanks Tek, now I can check out how dark it is going to be for how long :p
  19. aussie_man21

aussie_man21 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    yeah me & you both m8, i need to drive well here to lock in the Div 2 #1 spot, i would be completely crushed if i go down hill from here and lose the top spot...
    feeling comfortable here now i've done about 3000 kms, over the last 6 days. (practicing on and off line)
    So i think i'm prepared for just about everything and anything... :p it's not going to be easy by far, there is a heap of boys in Div 2 that have pace here...
    But Nurb Ring is a big place and anything can happen. if i get a top 5 finish i would be over the moon.

Anyways Good Luck 2nite m8...
  20. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

If you follow whats posted once you start the race it will get dark around 20 mins later, then 20 mins odd racing in the dark. Then the last 20 min odd of the race in daylight again. Results vary sligtly the longer you let qual go. All divs will have the same amount of racing at night regardless.

With qual starting at 3:30am it will be dark when u get on track but the sun will come up about halfway thru your out lap.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.