Season 11 Car Poll 2

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Cyber_STIG_77, Mar 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cyber_STIG_77

Cyber_STIG_77 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
    ok guys time for the next stage of the voting,
  2. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

Tuscan RM has my vote mainly because it looks like an old school race car :)

And we can change number shape :p
  3. CWhelan85

CWhelan85 Chris

PSN ID
    CWhelan85
    Yeah, defiantly keen for a race mod car this season, also maybe an upgrade to racing hard tyres, with racing medium for the sprint rounds
  4. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Ok guys, was wondering what was available in the RM models, and what haven't we used yet in the FR class, found a link to this, and pulled the content and made it a bit more forum friendly, and this guy's TG (Top Gear test track) times have been averaged over 10 x laps using stock settings, with no driving aides, and on a Dual Shock 3. And he has also provided approx costs.

Please note: these are his comments on the cars handling and not mine, and we can only take them with a grain of salt until we test for ourselves.

[Nissan SILVIA spec-R AERO (S15) '02 - FR

Pics: [​IMG] [​IMG]

Notes: For a drift bred car this Silvia produces no oversteer when racing, through tighter corners and circuits this car can be felt to understeer which can be a problem at times. However for the most part this car is a joy to drive on wider circuits that allow you to open the throttle. However be warned the stock tranny has a very low top speed which can limit you severely on longer tracks. I use this car almost every day and with the correct setup for the track and driving style this car is incredibly fun and rewarding to drive. It is also capable of over performing in its league by gaining a heavy lead over cars of the same power.

TG Time: 1:10.215

Stock: 25,600

RM: 125,000

Full mod: ^290,000

Power: 457BHP @ 7400rpm/1000kg

[TVR Tuscan Speed 6 '00 - FR

Notes: I was not expecting much from this car as TVR have disappointed me through every GT game, however this car was fair game for being thrashed. The steering at first felt locked in and the car didnt appear to want to turn however after a few laps and learning its quirks it quickly impressed me and almost resolved the distain for TVR I have had in GT. It by no means feels as well built or nimble as I think an RM car should but it does try, and try very well. The incredibly low weight helps lay some impressive times after the initial learning curve. However the lack of a turbo or super charger can be felt for some, but the slow drive up the revs makes for some high speed driving, such as speeds of 145mph being found in 4th gear. Under power this car has a slight tendency to understeer and early braking will be key to fast cornering. Overall this is a very good car once you have learnt to drive it, I just wouldnt call it a fun car.

TG Time: 1:06.519 (possible .300 off)

Stock: 94,800

RM: 175,000

Full mod: 381,250

Power: 556BHP @ 7900rpm / 885Kg

[Suzuki Cappuccino (EA21R) '95 - FR

Notes: Ive nicknamed this My First Racecar for a reason, its a small, not so powerful and rather over priced, bag of fun! An excellent car to fly through circuits, you wont beat a Ferrari in it, ever, but it will constantly stay glued to the road throughout full acceleration around almost any degree corner with no need to ever turn on driver aids. If you have the money to burn, burn it on this, you will never regret it!

TG Time: 1:21.406

Stock: 14,600

RM: 100,000 (?)

Full mod: ^250,000

Power: 133BHP @ 7400RPM/590Kg

[Chevrolet Camaro Z28 '69 - FR

Notes: This car is powerful and there is no doubt about that, however with only 5 gears you will be left redlining on almost all straights at 135mph. The gearing can be set to over 200mph as the highest speed but reaching over 200mph will take a big push, however it makes this car into something else entirely. The TC also has a very large impact on the car even when set at 1. Turning is fairly sharp even under full throttle, and braking can be performed late. This car with the correct gearing can be a monster, however getting that gearing right will be key to a pole position. Also it should be said, the noise from this car is by far the best sound you can ever experience, period.

TG Time: 1:08.537

Stock: 65,000

RM: 215,000

Full mod: 408,950

Power: 548BHP @ 6500rpm / 1085Kg

[Dodge Challenger R/T '70 - FR

Notes: A key thing that must be said is that this car has a top speed of 115mph on a default tranny setup which is painful at best. However the acceleration, as with most muscle cars, is rapid. Cornering is also amazingly tight compared to the Camaro and other muscle cars, plus there is much less oversteer than I expected when cornering with throttle, however TC (even when set to 1) has a massive impact on the acceleration of the car. But it is a very good looking car however this does not make up for the poor racing ability.

TG Time: 1:11.223

Stock: 75,000

RM: 175,000

Full mod: 378,950

Power: 764BHP @ 5400rpm / 1260Kg

[Lexus IS F '07 - FR

Notes: Under the extreme pace I put this Lexus through the track at there was fairly large understeer. However during a race when driving is a lot more conservative this car is a lot more manageable. The power of this car cannot be ignored, as even though it was a terrible 10 laps it still managed a time faster than the ZR1 Vette beast. However the bad handling when pushed to maximum pace makes the Vette a better car.

TG Time: 1:05.846 (These races did not go well, I reckon another .200 could be taken off)

Stock: 76,600

RM: 166,500

Full mod: 354,550

Power: 714BHP @ 8100rpm / 1185Kg

Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C6) '06 - FR

Notes: If youre considering buying this youre either a) misinformed b) mentally damaged or c) a cheapskate. This car is atrocious, however as of the time of writing this it holds the fastest TG lap time, and that fact pains me. This car feels less powerful than the ZR1 and frankly im not sure the steering wheel does anything as it suffers from understeer and oversteer, if it was a real thing it would suffer from mediocre steer. This car is just not worth it, even if youre encouraged by that faster time this car is a lot less controllable and a horror to drive. In contrast however I have it on good authority that this car with the correct tuning is a true beast, however my opinion still stands on it at this time.

TG Time: 1:04.128

Stock: 94,500

RM: 264,500

Full mod: 487,950

Power: 842BHP @ 6900rpm / 1090Kg
  5. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    For me its either TVR or Wedsport IS350 GT300
  6. WAC

WAC Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    i moved on..but damn it was fun!
    Good work Clevo!
    I'm better choosing stuff with pictures 8o
    I'm for the Tuscan
  7. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    I like the look and feel of the Lexus.

I will reserve my opinion for the TVR for when I give it a turn.
  8. Clevohead

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Yet to try, I like the Silvia, and the '69 Camaro.

Me too ;)
  9. beannie84

beannie84 Rookie

PSN ID
    beannie84
    Hey clevo, I think old mates comments are fair but we need to remember that they are based on the car being RM'd and fully tuned up, which we wouldn't be doing. We'd have to test them all with tuning prohibited before making a decision
  10. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Beannie, it says that they are using stock settings, not fully tuned!!
  11. Clevohead

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Mate you can read in my opening paragraph: "and this guy's TG (Top Gear test track) times have been averaged over 10 x laps using stock settings, with no driving aides, and on a Dual Shock 3"

And the following note just below it: "Please note: these are his comments on the cars handling and not mine, and we can only take them with a grain of salt until we test for ourselves."

Plus you can follow the link in the opening paragraph and read in greater detail his settings, and car comments.

I only done this to so everyone could see the cars on offer, I have been here long enough to know that we don't tune cars for the Sunday league.
  12. Cyber_STIG_77

Cyber_STIG_77 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
    i'd like to do a season in the 2011 nascars, lots to choose from and a awesome car to drive !
  13. midron18

midron18 Rookie

PSN ID
    midron18
    I would probably go either Lexus or the Silvia.
  14. beannie84

beannie84 Rookie

PSN ID
    beannie84
    sorry guys - i did read those parts where it said stock , but i think i was getting confused as i was looking at the power figures below and assumed that they were full tuned models etc

i'm liking the lexus :)
  15. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    Drove the new RX8 TC and it would be a great championship car ;)
  16. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Dont think we can use DLC as not everyone has it.
  17. Fast-Fulch

Fast-Fulch New Recruit

Amen to that !! I love these cars , especially around monaco :eek:
  18. X4rotorsploxX

X4rotorsploxX Rookie

PSN ID
    X4rotorsploxX S.Leonheart (GT6)
    TVR's looking tempting.
  19. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    So I've driven the TVR now and I thought it would be a real handful but it's actually not too bad to drive at all.

I still like the look of the Lexus over the TVR (personally) but handling wise I could go either way.

The Silvia is a nice looking car too, not a bad driver either but my vote is still for the Lexus/TVR.

2/3's of a vote for the Lexus - 1/3 for the TVR :p
  20. DekGT5mad

DekGT5mad Derek Nickels

PSN ID
    Dbn26
    I'm easy with any of the above,but i have found the Suzuki Cappucino produces REALLY tight,close racing,especially on circuits like Rome, Tsukuba(Please No!!! ZZzzzzzz!! LOL),Madrid,Etc. ]:D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.