Season 10 regulations

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jan 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    CAR. Mazda RX7 Spirit R Type A

http://i44.tinypic.com/ix6ty8.jpg

You may change the brake bias, traction control and ABS of your car but all other tuning will be PROHIBITED.

You can also change the wheels of your car in GT Auto, in the home screen of the game.

TIRE REGS

Tire wear and Fuel burn will be set to FAST

Sports MEDIUM for the NORMAL and ENDURANCE rounds

Sports SOFTS for the sprint round

Pit lane will be OPEN during the 10 minute qualifying, meaning you can go in and change to a new set if you need to.

The race series will remain at 7 rounds, 5 normal rounds (approx 45 mins), 1 sprint round with reverse grid (approx 25 mins each) and an enduro (approx 1 HR 30 mins).

QUALIFYING
    Will be a ten minute session. Pit lane will be OPEN. At the end of ten minutes drivers should park on the side of the road and wait for the race start.

Please inform of your car color so it can be added to the divisional threads.

THE REGULATIONS ABOVE ARE ADDITIONAL TO GTLOZ STANDARD RULES & REGS WHICH STILL APPLY:
    Please ensure that you are also familiar with GTLOZ Racing Rules & Regulations http://raceonoz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=727 and Lounge Settings & Procedures http://raceonoz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1027. Particularly Newcomers and captains.

Cheers
    STU
  2. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Hi Stu.

Would be interested in participating in this racing series.

Will there be a PP limit to allow for minor differences with cars that have had or need oil changes or engine balancing?

These cars can be bought new too cant they?

Thanx
  3. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Hey mate, cars are all the one make, with tuning prohibited, fully run in and oil changes are the driver responsibility.

We have tuning disabled so guys aren't having to spend hours tuning and to keep a level playing field, it is all about driver skill.

We run side series/leagues regularly with various tune options available, but Sunday night series cars are stock tune with nominated tyres :)

Hope this helps.
  4. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Thanx Clevo.

I will have to find out who the Host will be so I can make sure I have them as a friend on psn.

Sunday races should work fine for me if they're in the afternoon and not every weekend.

I shall keep an eye on this post to see what the dates are going to be.
  5. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Ok mate have a look at the link I gave you in your new members thread, this will take you through getting you qualifying time in, Sunday races are 8pm AEST every Sunday for the length of the season unless there is some factor that may cause a week to be postponed, say psn issues etc..

If you look here (click on the orange word ;)) you will see our Div 4 driver list and race calendar.

I hope this helps, if you have any more questions please feel free to ask ;)
  6. sirdave

sirdave New Recruit

Am I correct in assuming qualifying tires are same as race tyres (eg medium for normal softs for sprint)? Noticed you can pit during qualy so want to make sure you can't qulify on soft and rece on mediums. Cheers!
  7. Cyber_STIG_77

Cyber_STIG_77 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
    you are correct. qually on the tyre you race on (SM) , sprint round we will use the SS compound.
  8. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Are we re-instating points for pole position and/or fastest lap now that we are using the single tyre compound model?
  9. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

I like hat idea, seeing as the main reason it was dropped via vote was because of the two tyre model (from memory).
  10. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Good question !!!

Leave it with me, will discuss with other mods and confirm before tomorrow night.

I would think yes, but my brain is frazzled at the moment so will discuss first !
  11. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

A frazzled brain is not a good brain :p
  12. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Alright guys, after some discussion with the other mods BONUS POINTS will be re-instated this season.

That means that ......

1 bonus point for pole position

And

1 bonus point for fastest lap during the race.

Cheers
    Stu
  13. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    What's the go with backmarkers?

Can you just pass through them (I know you can cause they are ghosts, thats not what I mean) or do you try pass them properly?

I was behind emmo46 in the first round of Div4 and he came up on (name withheld) and really struggled to get past, so much so that I nearly rammed him a couple of times and nearly got back past too.

Yes there are no blue flags, and some people run views with no rear view mirror or map, but if we are supposed to pass them properly, they should have to get out of the bloody way?!? Otherwise it would be better to just pass through them like they are not there like the game allows.

I'd like to hear the official line on this subject
  14. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    It's always been a sticky one ad.

If possible pass properly, but the lapped car also has a responsibility to move out of the way of the leaders.

The issue with the ghosting is that 99.9 of the time there is no issue, but in true gt style if the lapped car doesn't ghost it causes all sorts of issues.

I think with the last few updates it is resolved, so for the most part inwould say try to get passed cleanly, but if they are clearly ghosting and holding a leader up I personally think you can run your lines and they will see you are there pretty quick.

I would also say double check the car you are passing to make sure that are a lapped car , it's easy to know who it is and you can check on the leader board before you make any pass.
  15. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Thats what I thought. When you've got someone right up your ass and they guy in front just keeps holding the line down from the last tunnel all the way to pit straight on trial mtn, I't can be real frustrating I'm sure. emmo46 did a superb job of the proper way to pass backmarkers though and kept me behind
  16. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Yeah, tough track to pass on at the best of times

Remember too, ghosted cars give a draft, so you can get in behind and gain an advantage. Should be easy round Indy if the same happens again with the big front straight. Just remember to brake a bit earlier, turn 1
    Is a biarch if you overshoot in the draft !!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.