IMPORTANT, mic ettequite - please read

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Dec 14, 2012.

1. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Hi all,

Guys, i have had a few comments passed that the etiquette while using the Mics in our race rooms has started to get a little over the top on some occasions.

I want to take this opportunity to remind EVERYONE of your obligations while using your mic, and be reminded that those people that don't have them are able to hear everything that's being said. The problem with that is that everyone else in the house can hear as well, including wives and children !

Just because we are on mics it doesn't mean what we say doesn't have consequences.

We all like a bit of blokey banter.......taking the piss is all part of the fun of being online with your mates and part of being involved in a forum / league like we have here. We have a great community, and i (and the admins / other mods) would hate to see our race rooms descend to somewhere where people don't want to go for fear of abuse, or being uncomfortable. Also a reminder that if someone is being a pain in the arse, mute them !!!

I think at some stage WE'RE ALL GUILTY of crossing a line with language and things said in bad taste, and i would like everyone to think a little more before we let rip where all can hear !

As a result of an incident E will be banned from using his mike in ANY ROOZ room for a period of 4 weeks, effective immediately. He is free to race in our rooms but is on notice, as is everyone else, that inappropriate behavior cant and wont be tolerated. We have new members coming online and the last thing we want is to get a name that isnt worthy of our great community.

Please help us by keeping it all within the boundarys of good taste and general decency.

Cheers
    Stu
  2. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
  3. zampli

zampli Team Driver

What about the occasional swear when you stuff up, sometimes its inevitable to avoid stuff like that.
    I try not to involve myself in too much that gets said, I don't normally talk too much anyways and I know the talk can get a bit weird sometimes.
  4. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Zamps, I don't think you have too much to worry about mate.

It's when things go past the joke stage, get personal or threatening.
  5. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    I don't talk much either Zamp's, usually have my tongue stuck in the top left hand corner of my mouth....

Can I just say, this is not the fun police trying to turn a boozy party into a choir rehearsal. If you have a killer joke with adult themes, ask if everyone is OK for you to tell it. Plus, I'm pretty sure you can set your PS3 for chat to be headphones only, that way the game audio is all the family and passers by will hear. I did it back in the day with my xbox, mainly for reasons that Zamps stated, guys making a mistake, swearing and my 2 year old wandering off saying "Teddy, you're a ball-sucking f#cktard!".

Anyway, back to nursing a hangover and getting ready for another one tonight. Gotta love Christmas....
  6. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    I did it back in the day with my xbox, mainly for reasons that Zamps stated, guys making a mistake, swearing and my 2 year old wandering off saying "Teddy, you're a ball-sucking f#cktard!".

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
  7. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

I will admit I have likely been guilty of this in the past, but usually it is because someone gets my blood close to boiling point. It's a good thing I have a headset with mutable mic, otherwise I would likely have been banned sometime ago :lol:
  8. ENFORCER_98

ENFORCER_98 Lead Foot Boffin

PSN ID
    ENFORCER_98
    hmmm.... 4 week mic ban im going to cancel the muscle series... pointless trying to host and not talk... besides i'll b IRacing soon
  9. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Yea nicely put Anon.
    I'm doing much the same.. aaarrghh.
  10. NUGGET-22

NUGGET-22 Rookie

PSN ID
    xX---BURGO---Xx
    you make it sound like its someone else's fault???? haha
    Iracing? good luck with that
  11. zampli

zampli Team Driver

I'm just saying, but this is a good idea why you don't wind people up then complain when they snap maybe? I don't really care about what happened, I'm just here to have fun on a game, but we all know what E's like.
    I personally would've said there's been "threats" towards E as well, but they were just a "joke".
  12. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Don't poke him guys, a lot of us have flown close to the wind but it went too far this time.

@ zamps, I have heard some of the things you mention, but in context there was no other option, and I don't think it's a harsh penalty.

@ E, if Iracing gets you doing the right thing then good luck.
  13. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I wa thinking about getting a mic but I might pass on it now LOL
  14. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    It's all good emmo, good to have a mic in the practice lobbies through the week. Much easier than typing !!!

Note that our Sunday league races are mic free, ie we don't race with them on, only in our prac sessions !

C'mon, get one !
  15. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Iracing is a lot less lenient than Rooz is, a mike ban can come with little warning if you are swearing or threatening and a suspended account is just as easy to get if you drive the wrong way both literally and in a way that affects other drivers in anyway. You will have to drive and act like you did for a short time last season E, not sure why you reverted to passed habits but no one to blame but yourself for any bans you get in Iracing. Everyone knows the rules and ready to get those that don't out of there space real quick. So be carefull to read the rules m8 and you will have a good run on Iracing.
  16. Barra333

Barra333 Rookie

PSN ID
    barra333
    The enjoyment of practice sessions with a mic is much higher than without. I went the first several seasons without one, and then got one of the official PS3 headsets for about $50 and havent looked back.