Gran Turismo 7 Season 4 Division 2

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Viperzed, Feb 1, 2023.

1. Thefat111

Thefat111 Rookie

PSN ID
    Thefat11
    I'm putting up a practice room in at roughly 9am.
    It's called Rooz practice for this that aren't my friends.
  2. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Round 6: Interlagos - Custom Weather - Sunrise 6x - 27 Laps - 26/03 [RS and RM REQUIRED]

[​IMG]

WELCOME to Season 4 for Gran Turismo 7!!
    As always please take a couple minutes to read the following so you have an understanding of what is expected on race night.
    If you have any questions, or want clarification on any of the rules or regulations please ask!

ROOM OPEN :
    Room captains may have practice rooms open beforehand but should have the official room up by 7:45pm AEST. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread know if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.

SIGHT ISSUES:
    Before qualifying, exit to lobby and spend 30 seconds in spectate mode, scroll through the list of drivers on track and make sure that you can see their car. If you can't see somebody (and they are confirmed as being on track), exit the lobby, re-join, and check again.Type the number of cars you can see in the lobby chat and cross check with other drivers to ensure clarity.

QUALIFYING : 8:00 pm AEDT for 10 mins.
    Feel free to run practice laps prior to qualifying, The host will trigger a 'Room Reset' closer to the commencement of Qualifying.
    Once 10 mins of session time has elapsed, finish the lap you are on and stop the car off the circuit somewhere near the start of the lap.

PITS ARE OPEN DURING QUALIFYING

RACE START TIME : 8:10 AEDT

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS :
    This is up to the room host/captains. If there is a Disconnection (or cars stuck on grid) at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I would suggest only having 1 restart if required due to DSC, due to having to set up the room from scratch and also having to set timed laps in order to set the grid. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....

TURN 1 LAP 1 :
    The old saying goes, you can’t win the race on lap 1, but you can definitely lose it. Please be mindful of other drivers on lap 1 coming into turn 1, and for that matter, the entire race. It can be very demoralizing to hot lap on your own for 45 minutes as I'm sure many of you are aware.

TRACK LIMITS :
    As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit. If you do make a mistake and have to run outside the limits, be aware that you are not allowed to gain any advantage, position or time wise. Track Limits protests may be launched by any active driver in the race.

Track Limits will be monitored at Turns 2-5, 7, 8 and 12.

Is to be avoided at all times..... If you make contact with someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Occasionally, Gran Turismo track limits may teleport a disadvantaged driver backwards on circuit to ‘reset’ them, if this occurs at the hand of another driver, IT IS EXPECTED that the driver at fault will wait and redress the position.
    Side by side 'rubbing' is racing is allowed and promoted within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room. For clarity surrounding racing room, please feel free to PM @Viperzed
    Show each other RESPECT! It is difficult enough to drive the car at the limit on your own, without someone squeezing you within a millimeter of the grass.
    So be patient and show respect to your fellow drivers.
    If you are redressing contact, please do so out of the way of other cars, off the racing line, or if there isn't much room, off track.

PIT ENTRY/EXIT LINES :
    Pit Line Penalties are ON so you will be penalised in game if you cut any part of the entry or exit lines. Please be aware of cars exiting T3, Stay hard left.

BLUE FLAGS :
    Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS :
    This season, the Head Steward will be @Viperzed. If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let him know via a PM.
    DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. Stewards may ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captains to make any decision.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY :
    If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved!

PARKING UP :
    If you are unable to continue to race, please enter the pits and leave your game paused without selecting tyres so that your car stays parked in the pits. Parking up off track activates yellow flags in the sector, and even though penalties are off, we have reports of penalties occurring for passes happening near the parked car. Quitting off track results in a sometimes race ending lag spike and may be punished in extreme scenarios.

ATTENDANCE:
    Could all drivers please inform Room Captains or make a post on the division thread if they do not intend on racing on Sunday night, Room Captains/ Lobby Hosts are advised not to wait for anyone who has not communicated their intentions. If you do not post in your room thread or psn chat that you cannot attend, a spot may not be held for you for the following weeks race.

TRACK SPECIFIC - Interlagos
    The home of the Brazilian Grand Prix! Interlagos is a medium speed, flowing circuit with many a passing oppurtunity and some challenging sets of corners. Be careful not to get greedy mid corner, set yourself up for exits and be mindful of what is lying ahead. Tire wear will be brutal if you're not careful.

The tire allocation for this round is RS and RM, both REQUIRED.
    Blunty075, Bluemoon and Matthyus like this.
  3. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Round 6 Results
    Qual
    [​IMG]
    Race Results
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Hatfield likes this.
  4. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Well done @Matthyus on the championship win and @xlxy90 for a great drive and win in tonight's race.
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2023
    Matthyus likes this.
  5. Blunty075

Blunty075 Rookie

PSN ID
    Blunty075
    Really thought I had a chance for a good result tonight. Was happy with qually as I finally got a competitive time and was looking forward to racing as opposed to driving round half a lap+ behind everyone else. Unfortunately it didn't even last 1 lap, I got the feintest touch from behind on the last turn of lap 1 combined with cold tyres and I went from 4th to last. I got back on track and tried to recover but passing was extremely difficult as I was pushed wide a couple times. I caught up to Britz but his car was lagging quite bad and I nearly punted him into outer space when his car teleported backwards in the hairpins. I pitted early with the hope I would pass Britz when he pitted but it was all for naught. I'd put an incident report in but it's not worth the effort for me as I'm pretty sure I'm coming last in Div 2.
    IRT to the lagging issue, is anyone else having issues with cars lagging around them and is my car lagging also? I don't know if it's an issue at my end but it's making it very hard. The only thing I'm not sure about is the internet upload\download speeds, does anyone know if there is a minimum internet speed requirement for this game?
  6. btwong

btwong Rookie

PSN ID
    btwong10
    I feel you. I too have been punted by Britz and his lag in the sprint round. Every time I tried to over take, his lag had him on one side of the track, then next second he is on the other side and then punted me off. Far from fun, and very frustrating.
  7. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Well that didn't go as I had expected it too.
    I normally don't do well here. Qualifying 5th, I thought, that was going to be it..

Starting on the Medium tyre, I knew I was going to get gobbled up and this happened pretty quickly on lap 1, dropping me back to 8th, however first lap jiggers / accidents by others ensured that I was able to keep up with the lead pack. Also the difference between the Mediums and Softs early on was next to nothing.
    I managed to latch on to the back of @T F Eccles and @Aiko_Mac allowing me to keep in touch. We had some good battles with in those first few laps, with mucho use of the radar :)
    Very clean racing lads.

After I had managed to get past both of them, it was time to settle down and slot in some good lap times, to not let the lead pack disappear into the distance. I managed to keep in touch which was good.
    I snagged another spot as @btwong slipped on the green concrete out of T3.
    Now sitting in 3rd...
    During my few minimal practise this week (Last Monday and race day...), I had discovered that the Softs get chewed up here, so going long on the Mediums was the goal. Mediums last nicely and in practise I could easily get them to 16+ laps.
    However decided to jump into the pits at 14 to give the Softs a chance and not lose touch with @emmo46 and @xlxy90.

This may have been a deciding factor.
    Should I have pitted upon my strategy or do what I did...??

Emmo pitted a few laps later and however made a mistake in the pits and put the Softs back on, meaning he either had to cop the penalty or do another pit stop.
    XL on the other hand, put on the Mediums. The race was now on between XL and I.
    Due to the tyre difference, I was able to catch up, however not as fast as I would have liked. This is likely due to the fact that XL is just damn fast, but also the Mediums on low fuel do pretty good :)
    I however did manage to catch up and had some fleeting moments with XL, making a pass at T1 on the last lap, however I went outside and should have gone inside with the better compound tyre.
    Battling Experience won overall and I'm still rapt that I managed 2nd here.

Congratulations @xlxy90 on the win. As Emmo said, we felt like that was a well earnt win.

Emmo had done the maths for me and said prior to the race that I needed to come 3rd or better to win the Championship.

Thank you Emmo.

I'll still race in the last race, cause it's me and I don't want to miss out on racing :)
    Ozglenn, xlxy90 and Hatfield like this.
  8. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    I'm done for the season. The power supply on my wheelbase blew up last night, so no racing until that is replaced.
    No idea how long Fanatec will take to do their RMA process.
  9. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Oh Noes ;(
  10. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    I felt like I had to get a Hatfield sized anoos to try and keep you out of first, especially that second last lap when you got me on the inside of T4 on the brakes. I'd love to go back through the replay and have a look at my T5 overtake! I didnt feel the tyres were going to give me much more grip on the inside there.
    Hatfield and Matthyus like this.
  11. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    I definitely wanted another crack at you, I figured I might have managed to keep it on the 3rd go :)
    "Looking" forward to the steep learning curve that comes with joining Div 1.
  12. Beats143

Beats143 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Beats143
    Off you go Padawan :D I mean CHAMPION Padawan:thumbsup:
    Matthyus likes this.
  13. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Mixed emotions again last night, very delighted but surprised to grab pole ahead of a strong field, Also surprised to get a good clean start and open a gap as others wrestled for position behind. Xl finally broke free and came after me, He closed quickly but fell back again with a grassy excursion at turn 12. He closed again very quickly but from about lap 10 he settled in about a second behind, not sure if he was saving himself for later or was struggling with tyre wear. I had intended to pit for RM tyres at lap 15 and expected Xl to pit sooner but with him still on my tail at the end of lap 15 I made a quick decision to carry on a lap longer, first mistake. If I had pitted the same lap as him and needing less fuel I would have come out still ahead. But as it was I lost enough time on my in lap and accidentally adding about of a second of fuel too much I came out just behind him. Error number 2 was wrongly selecting RS tyres again which meant I had to pit again. I decided to press on and pit on the 26th lap. My RS tyres did give me the ability to take the fight to XL on his RMs and I soon passed him but wasn't able to pull away and he got back in front of me after a couple of laps of trying, We were holding each other up enough for Johnno to close the gap to us on his RS tyres. Once Johnno was close behind I moved aside and let him through, I wasn't really in the battle for the win anymore so decided to let them fight one on one for the win. I sat behind watching the struggle until I had to pit again and came out in 7th place and held that to the finish. I enjoyed being up the pointy end for a while and suspect I may have grabbed a podium if I hadn't stuffed up.
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2023
    Bluemoon, Kieran_B33 and Matthyus like this.
  14. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    For the retro round, there weren't many classic racing liveries on Suzuki's that peaked my interest, so I went on a different route.

My retro livery is based off the Footwork Arrows driven by Aguri Suzuki
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  15. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Due to a crook son who decided to techni color his carpet with a power chuck that stained it so badly, that we've had to remove the flooring and move him into my gaming room, my gaming room is now in pieces in it's new destintation. However it is in pieces.
    I may / may not be able to join for the last race.
    Ian Cannan likes this.
  16. btwong

btwong Rookie

PSN ID
    btwong10
    this race is going to be very interesting. Sub minute laps, 45 laps, 16 cars, maybe wet weather, new update...
    Towards the end of this race.. the back of the pack have the potential to have to do whole laps under blue flags.
  17. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Round 7: Tsukuba Circuit - Custom Weather (R06, R04, R02, R02 Random for rest) - Early Morning 5x - 45 Laps - 02/04 (Retro Round) [RS and Wet Compounds ONLY]

[​IMG]

WELCOME to Season 4 for Gran Turismo 7!!
    As always please take a couple minutes to read the following so you have an understanding of what is expected on race night.
    If you have any questions, or want clarification on any of the rules or regulations please ask!

ROOM OPEN :
    Room captains may have practice rooms open beforehand but should have the official room up by 7:45pm AEST. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread know if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.

SIGHT ISSUES:
    Before qualifying, exit to lobby and spend 30 seconds in spectate mode, scroll through the list of drivers on track and make sure that you can see their car. If you can't see somebody (and they are confirmed as being on track), exit the lobby, re-join, and check again.Type the number of cars you can see in the lobby chat and cross check with other drivers to ensure clarity.

QUALIFYING : 8:00 pm AEST for 10 mins.
    Feel free to run practice laps prior to qualifying, The host will trigger a 'Room Reset' closer to the commencement of Qualifying.
    Once 10 mins of session time has elapsed, finish the lap you are on and stop the car off the circuit somewhere near the start of the lap.

PITS ARE OPEN DURING QUALIFYING

RACE START TIME : 8:10 AEST

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS :
    This is up to the room host/captains. If there is a Disconnection (or cars stuck on grid) at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I would suggest only having 1 restart if required due to DSC, due to having to set up the room from scratch and also having to set timed laps in order to set the grid. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....

TURN 1 LAP 1 :
    The old saying goes, you can’t win the race on lap 1, but you can definitely lose it. Please be mindful of other drivers on lap 1 coming into turn 1, and for that matter, the entire race. It can be very demoralizing to hot lap on your own for 45 minutes as I'm sure many of you are aware.

TRACK LIMITS :
    As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit. If you do make a mistake and have to run outside the limits, be aware that you are not allowed to gain any advantage, position or time wise. Track Limits protests may be launched by any active driver in the race.

Track Limits will be monitored at the Final Corner.

Is to be avoided at all times..... If you make contact with someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Occasionally, Gran Turismo track limits may teleport a disadvantaged driver backwards on circuit to ‘reset’ them, if this occurs at the hand of another driver, IT IS EXPECTED that the driver at fault will wait and redress the position.
    Side by side 'rubbing' is racing is allowed and promoted within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room. For clarity surrounding racing room, please feel free to PM @Viperzed
    Show each other RESPECT! It is difficult enough to drive the car at the limit on your own, without someone squeezing you within a millimeter of the grass.
    So be patient and show respect to your fellow drivers.
    If you are redressing contact, please do so out of the way of other cars, off the racing line, or if there isn't much room, off track.

PIT ENTRY/EXIT LINES :
    Pit Line Penalties are ON so you will be penalised in game if you cut any part of the entry or exit lines. Please be aware of cars entering T1, Stay hard right and commit to the inside for the corner if there is a car alongside you.

BLUE FLAGS :
    Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS :
    This season, the Head Steward will be @Viperzed. If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let him know via a PM.
    DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. Stewards may ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captains to make any decision.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY :
    If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved!

PARKING UP :
    If you are unable to continue to race, please enter the pits and leave your game paused without selecting tyres so that your car stays parked in the pits. Parking up off track activates yellow flags in the sector, and even though penalties are off, we have reports of penalties occurring for passes happening near the parked car. Quitting off track results in a sometimes race ending lag spike and may be punished in extreme scenarios.

ATTENDANCE:
    Could all drivers please inform Room Captains or make a post on the division thread if they do not intend on racing on Sunday night, Room Captains/ Lobby Hosts are advised not to wait for anyone who has not communicated their intentions. If you do not post in your room thread or psn chat that you cannot attend, a spot may not be held for you for the following weeks race.

TRACK SPECIFIC - Tsukuba
    A classic dog fight style short circuit, Tsukuba is nothing short of a challenge, especially in the wet. It's two double back hairpins followed by single line corners to end the lap leave little room for mistakes and even less room for overtaking. Overtakes here need to be 100% committed early, and require respect given from BOTH drivers to ensure chaos doesn't ensue at the exit. This means following the most recent Rooz GT Racecraft Guide and ensuring room is left on corner exit when room is required to be given.

Remember that this race WILL, start in the wet, the late stages are set to random and could still rain.

It is Retro round today too! Hope to see all your retro liveries out in full strength!

The tire allocation for this round is RS and BOTH Wet Compounds, There are no required tires or compulsory stops.
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2023
    T F Eccles, Hatfield and Bluemoon like this.
  18. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Will qually be wet?
    Ian Cannan likes this.
  19. T F Eccles

T F Eccles Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    Given the room settings, yes more than not.
  20. Ozglenn

Ozglenn Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    ozglenn0513
    Sorry Boys something has come up I am out tonight, I hope you have a Great Race :thumbsup: