Division 6 Season 2

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Apr 4, 2014.

1. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    If pat hasn't shown/replied by 7.30 I will open up shop
  2. pat65

pat65 Professional

PSN ID
    patg65
    Sorry. Wiil get on now. No practice and well over .05. . Will be holding up the rear.
    SuiCid3 and Clevohead like this.
  3. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
  4. Clevohead

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Well that was fun for 9 minutes, until I got booted :mad:

Now not to offend anyone but to explain the reason we don't run the GT6 built in qual is for a couple of reasons.

1. Some people in other divs have been known to have issues/glitches with it, yet to be proven otherwise since updates.
    2. If someone does get booted during qual they have no opportunity to rejoin the room prior to the race and start at the back of the pack.
    3. It also gives any possible late comers an extra 10min to get there forgoing their qual, and starting at the back.

I went with along with it tonight as I wasn't seeing any connection issues or room stability issues (other than peaches normal lag jumps), and thought it was easier to go with the flow than try and explain all this over chat.

Any way I got booted during qual (just my luck), got straight back on and I couldn't rejoin, I could enter the room and watch, but not rejoin. If we were doing it the manual way (like we have done forever), Pat could of postponed race start until I had rejoined, and I would of just started in the rear, but as you were on an automatic set-up it was all out of his hands, and bad luck Clevo.

So please keep the qual to the manual format in the future. It may be some extra work for the host, but it is for the greater good of the many.
  5. pat65

pat65 Professional

PSN ID
    patg65
    Sorry clevo. Was not aware of those issues, but it makes sense for a rejoin. Always did quality last season. Happy to abandonnit in the future.
    I should not have raced tonight anyway..
  6. Clevohead

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    No problems mate, just glad you can see where I am coming from, just means I get last place this week.
  7. PurpleDog

PurpleDog Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    PurpleDog
  8. Clevohead

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    2 more disconnects?
  9. PurpleDog

PSN ID
    PurpleDog
    Colin dropped off quite early, Neemo DSC'd on lap 23.
  10. PurpleDog

PSN ID
    PurpleDog
    I will do the report again this week Clevo.
    Ad2mny and Clevohead like this.
  11. Clevohead

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Cheers.

After this week's connection issues, I don't see any reason why I can't go back to host as Pat's connection hasn't seemed to work any better than mine did, this will just keep me in control of the room, and settings.

Thanks for hosting Pat but for the time being we will just keep you as back up, cheers. :)
  12. ryan griffiths

ryan griffiths Rookie

PSN ID
    neemo55
    No use dwelling on the past I was 2nd on lap 23 and got disconnected. So I ended up worse off then everyone. I didnt see anyone lag and regardless no one was gonna catch peach anyway. Well done peach clearly the man to beat.
    CPTNPEACH likes this.
  13. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Yeah Ryan, unfortunately, the network does stupid crap like that... more often than it should actually, but thats PD for you. Unlucky disconnecting from there, bad luck.
    Clevohead likes this.
  14. Clevohead

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Need fastest laps as well for Emmo :)
  15. ryan griffiths

ryan griffiths Rookie

PSN ID
    neemo55
    Oh well its only a bit of fun in the end. My screen was black at the start then I hit the wall so I did well to catch up. Fun race. Bring on tokyo
    stucar17 and Clevohead like this.
  16. CPTNPEACH

CPTNPEACH Rookie

PSN ID
    CPTNPEACH
    Well another race over. Had a lot of fun with this track. Lots of testing points and great open speeds. Qualifying goal was to go hard and absolutely shred my tyres to get up the front. Paid off and saw me and Nemo at the start of the grid. Knowing i have t/c on 1 and nemo on 0 i knew he would blow me off the line but with a start glitch on nemos end gave me a hole-shot to the corner with the dog following. My goal was to be consistent i didn't want to do record lap times for the first half of the race i just wanted to stay on the black be smooth and clean. The dog and i were battling for the first 4-5 laps before a spin saw him off. I built my lead from there and just tried my best to nurse my tyres to the pit-stop. After the pit-stop i gave it some "Jandle" for the first 5 laps to build a bit more of a gap then just nursed my baby home from there. It was unfortunate to loose nemo on lap 22 when he had done well to fight his way through the pack. Good race and even better fun. Tokyo here we come!!!
    ryan griffiths likes this.
  17. PurpleDog

PSN ID
    PurpleDog
    Yeah, will get those to him in the morning.
    Clevohead likes this.
  18. ryan griffiths

ryan griffiths Rookie

PSN ID
    neemo55
    Congratulations to peach motho and purple dog for the podiums

. Had a real bad qualifying session only managed one lap in the 10 minutes without going off the track. I knew peach was the man to catch so I thought if I could keep up for a few laps and put some pressure on he might make a mistake, but unfortunately it all come undone at the start where my screen wasnt fully loaded which caused a false start and then slamming into the wall. From there on I strung some laps together and got past pat, purple then motho. It was ashame that purple and motho ran off the track as I was looking forward to battling them. I didn't like the track at all but was happy to be in 2nd untill I d/c on lap 23.
    PurpleDog and CPTNPEACH like this.
  19. motho

motho Team Driver

PSN ID
    motho
    Another weird race with a heap of DC's and other weird behaviour on screen.

Qualifying I couldn't get a hot lap in at all, spent the whole session trying to leave a big enough gap ahead but still ended up getting caught behind someone at a bad corner. Race start for me was rubbish, nothing unusual there, then settled in to move through the pack and that's when the weird stuff started. For the first 6 or 8 laps I must have had an invisible car right in front of me, would see the odd flash of a rear end or a puff of smoke then it went away after a while, might have been Clevo?

Around lap 8 or 9 Peach dropped down to last, giving me the lead,I figured he was trying a sneaky 2 stop strategy. Neemo was hot on my tail but I felt like I was maintaining a reasonable gap. A touch of grass on the way into the bus stop saw Neemo come sailing past while I was nose into the wall, by the time I got back on track he had a lead I was never going to get back. Was all down to praying he'd make the same stuff up I did.

After Neemo DC'd lap 23 I was back in front with a real fuel concern, nobody looked even close so I nursed her home with Peach a distant second. 2 seconds from the finish line Peach jumped to 1st place and my dreams of glory were shattered! Seems I was never actually in front and when Peach had started lapping cars the leader board had dropped him to the bottom!

Well done again Peachy, I've been in awe of your pace the past couple of weeks.
    CPTNPEACH likes this.
  20. PurpleDog

PSN ID
    PurpleDog
    [​IMG]
    Div 6 starting grid. RIP @bjh1012