Division 3 Season 2

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Apr 4, 2014.

1. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Thanks Stumbles, I got lapped too.:(
  2. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Through Beau's mis-fortune, I got unlapped when he disconnected, think I was about 5 seconds ahead of Groover as he won the race...lol
    Beau_Albert likes this.
  3. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    Congrats to the Scotty for taking the championship!!!
    Slambo takes second place in the championship, well done mate. A third for me, not too bad ;)
    Thanks everyone for a great season, specially to Stumbles for all his captain duties, to Gary for being second in charge and Hatfield for his computer power, beep bop beep bop lol.
    See you guys around.
  4. Stumbles

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Hmm, hold the phone. Looking at the replay, I'm the only one who used medium tyres, so you're all disqualified, I win, YAY... lol
    Thanks PD, just another stupid glitch we have to deal with.
    SuiCid3 and smokinscotty like this.
  5. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    VARDZ31 did this in the race tonight while I was following him in LOL!
    It was right at pit entry so I started reversing back onto the track to do another lap, but then thought the better of it and put it back in first and rammed his nose to try and get him unstuck. Thank god it worked! hahaha so weird!
    smokinscotty likes this.
  6. groover33

groover33 shanan Gold Member

PSN ID
    Groover33
    Thanks to all the guys for some of the best racing iv done in along time and to Gary and stumbles for looking after our races keep up the good job boys. I'm glad I got a win in my first season back but I think it's going to be even harder next season. But bring on season 3 can't wait already cheers
    Stumbles likes this.
  7. groover33

groover33 shanan Gold Member

PSN ID
    Groover33
    Bad luck beau but I still couldn't catch you in the end stumbles just out of reach
  8. Slambobagan

Slambobagan Professional Super ROOZ

Yuss pretty happy with taking out 2nd place in the championship, didn't actually win a round but stayed in the top 5 for every race helped. Pretty close finish there with S Close. I really struggled with the meds on last tyre stint had there been another lap you would of got me. Strange race really, didn't really have the pace at all, and didn't really know wat was going on with all the different stradigys, somehow I pulled of a 3rd, this must of been my most consistent race only 2 minor spins in 41 laps. Weill done groover for the win. Scotty for the champ and Hard luck beau you definitely smoked everyone and would of won for sure. Abit gutted how you piped pole of me with 12min on the clock but you deserve it u were way quicker in the race.
    Thanks everyone for a great debut season looking foward to the next one.
  9. Stumbles

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Yeah, made my last pit stop on lap 33, so had fresher tyres, I caught back up to beau, but didn't want to pass him in case of an accident, I hung back as he had a bit of lag. His last couple of laps were a big slower than normal and I saw you and scotty catching, I almost pulled over to let you both through.
  10. pykeybraa145

pykeybraa145 Team Driver

PSN ID
    pykeybraa145
    sounds like a close race there in div 6 i had a 25 sec lead on neemo i went in the pits lap 35 for fresh rubber and top up on fuel came out about 3 seconds behind him caught up in 3 laps neck and neck on lap 39 had more speed over him and he knew i had fresh rubber, was a great race in div 6 and by the sounds of it same with the other divs
    Stumbles likes this.
  11. Stumbles

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Just want to say a big thank you to all the guys that showed up, week in - week out. Have had a great season, fair racing with no real incidents which makes my job so much easier.
    Just on race pace alone, I think we may lose scotty, beau and slambo up to div 2 (thank god... lol), been a pleasure racing with you guys.

Thank you also to Gary for taking on hosting duties in the middle of the season when my internet / modem didn't want to play nice.

Big thanks to Hatfield (artoo detoo) also, excellent work on the lap tables and scoreboards, cheers.

Onto season 3, hopefully in a car that doesn't want to chew you up and spit you out at every opportunity. Have a look in the season 3 discussion threads, get some of the suggested cars... TEST them and get your votes in when the poll opens.

See ya around the tracks again shortly. Cheers guys.
  12. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Thanks for all the appreciative words guys. Sadly there is no lap table for Spa since I couldn't see all drivers. I am working on the points tables today.
  13. Slambobagan

Slambobagan Professional Super ROOZ

Oh man... Div 2 I'll get smoked, in saying that I think div 2 and 3 need a shuffle up looking at previous race lap times half the div 3 drivers have become quicker as the season progressed. And would be near top half of div 2 now.
    It will all be different now with a new car.
  14. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    True, I've been in seasons where the car really suits and go a lot faster, oooor pretty average if that is not the case (some are freaks and go quick in anything). It's good when the field is pretty even cause it makes for great racing :)
  15. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

I'ld be adding Tovey to that list as well. I agree div 2 and 3 need a complete reshuffle as theres currently a huge overlap in pace. Div 2 and 3 are gonna be bloody close next season if the mods can get the divisions spot on. Although I can see that being a tough task as everyone showed signs of brilliance and nobody likes demoting anyone.
    Stumbles likes this.
  16. Stumbles

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Yeah, meant to add Tovey to that list as well.
  17. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  18. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    It is tricky. I think the only reason I am in div3 is due to winning the div4 championship last season. But it was all down to luck.
    Overall I have found my fastest laps to be quite behind most of you and only my consistency (if I can find it) saves me in the end.
    skywalker likes this.
  19. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    Consistency is what wins races, unfortunately Ive been lacking in that department!

Well Spa is probably my fav track. Had the pace, and was going fairly easy on the tyres to make them last, but on multiple occasions ran a bit too much on to the ripples while turning resulting in big spins. Would get going again, closing down gaps, and then another spin.

At the last stint thought I only at 11 laps, but it was 12! Realised this on the 2nd last lap and started short shifting big time. On final lap I was doing a lot of coasting and burning rubber (not braking so much) trying to get around.. ran out on the last straight and watched Gary fly by. He did well to not give up.

In hindsight a 4 stopper probably would have been the easier strat allowing for faster lapping, less risk and more flexibility.

Still had a fun race and pretty happy to have made it to the end. I'd already been driving a car for 4 hours, a go kart for 3 hours and then coming home doing GT6 :) Was well in truly ready to hit the sack.
    smokinscotty likes this.
  20. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Well done on the win Scotty.

[​IMG]

Well if you are feeling a little lost with no league race this coming Sunday never fear Clevo is here.

I am organising if you didn't already know the "Turtle Beach 400" it is 160 laps of pure adrenaline, and you thought the enduro last night was a test!

We are now running three rooms and have approx 15 spots left, team up with a buddy and have a blast, and maybe win a prize while you are at it!

Did you say prize? Why yes I did, our good friends at Turtle Beach have put up for grabs a PX21 headset valued at $119.95 rrp and I may have something else up my sleeves, but only if I get some more drivers ;)

So what are you waiting for and head over here: http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/event-6-07-turtle-beach-400.1065/ and get your name down if you haven't already.

[​IMG]
    smokinscotty likes this.