Division 2 Season 9

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by aussie_man21, Sep 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barra333

Barra333 Rookie

PSN ID
    barra333
    Thanks Stu, I use the DNS setting I found here which fixed the DNS errors I was getting for a little while. I am on a wired connection, although it is 2 cat5 cables connected by a joiner. The only other difference in our setting is the Upnp. Mine is not available. I guess I will get on the router settings tonight and enable that and put my PS3 in the DMZ. If none of that works, I guess I will getting back into the GTP WRS.
  2. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Just for interests sake... Fastest laps from La Sarthe...

1. Natman ---------- 3:55.361
    2. CobMcCool ------ 3:55.648
    3. Nugget ----------- 3:55.698
    4. Stumbles -------- 3:55.867
    5. Neverenough --- 3:55.896
    6. Stucar ----------- 3:56.714
    7. Disturboed ------ 4:02.482
  3. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    Barra mate, do you have another router floating around? Just a thought, but if you do, try giving it a go.

When I moved and got my ADSL connection, I broke out my Billion N router I hadn't been able to use for 2 years and everything looked pretty sweet, until I started GT5 that is. Every time I joined a room, whether it was a public or private lobby, I would end up being disconnected relatively quickly, even quicker if it was a full room. I tried running a cable instead of wireless, but it made no difference.

I was packing it as the new season was just about to start and I had such high hopes of having a technical gremlin free season for the first time ever (I think it was season 6?). In the end, I fished out an old Dlink G router and set that up, and hey presto, it was perfect. No disconnections whatsoever. The only issues I have now, is that sometimes it takes 2 goes to get into a room, or if I join a room that has lots of people already in it, I might only be able to see half of them and then I get booted soon after joining, but on rejoining its all good.

And here is a weird thing last night. I couldn't see Nugget or never at all during the race, yet right at the end when Never disconnected, Nugget popped up on my order listing (albeit in 6th spot - but this was after he had already crossed the finish line!).
  4. natmanscoop

natmanscoop Professional Gold Member

Darn shame there were 2 technical DNS's at LeMans, there was some great battling to be had - a real corker of a circuit for pack racing!

Like Stu said, ding-dong battle between us & Nugget at the start while Cob & Stumbles made off into the distance.
    I tried sticking with the 2 hares from the start and nearly speared myself into the wall onto the Mulsanne with tyres that were still ice-cold, while Stumbles & Cob were already hooked-up & flying. Go Stumbles & Cob !

I thought they had it in the bag at my first stop, they'd pulled 30 seconds on me - Solid !

I lost time working on my tan at the beach running into Indianapolis:
    Touched the grass braking into the right hander re-re-passing Nugget, and speared left into the gravel.
    - I'm sure Nugget got a great view & a bit of a fright !

I ran 6 laps on softs in the 2nd last stint, caught Nug & Stu, made a 12sec gap after falling off the island once, but it wasn't enough.

Nugget bringing it home on softs like a BOSS. Well done sir, I tips me' lid.
  5. natmanscoop

Tek: Are you running Logitech Driving Force Pro / GT / Momo wheel & pedals?

I had tonnes of trouble with mine sticking once the pedal pivots got some slop.
    The pedals start kicking-over sideways a little bit, over-rotating the Pot and moving the Zero-point in the calibration. This makes the brakes stick and the throttle stop at 95%.

You can wipe the grease off the body & put electrical tape in to shim-up the pivot sockets, which fixes it for a few months.. . . . Google it, heaps of people have this issue.
  6. NUGGET-22

NUGGET-22 Rookie

PSN ID
    xX---BURGO---Xx
    hahaahahaa like a BOSS :) thanks Natman

well quali went ok. solid lap no record breaker but safe and mistake free.
    i had my strategy sorted and just needed to execute it. great battle early on with the regulars. yep saw Natman hosting a beach party at indianapolis :) i thought i was invited for a second being on the outside of him but luckily i had already yeilded and dropped back just enough.

did my first 3 stints on hards and mistake free which was good. came in for my final stop for the Softs and i paniced about the fuel and put wayyyyy tooooo much in. in the end i finished with half a tank of fuel!!!! therefore spent alot longer in the pits than i need. possibly 10 or 15 seconds or maybe more........
    after i left the pits and did some quick maths i was soo angry at myself thinking there goes the win. being on the softs and having heaps of fuel lol i pushed as hard as i could. caught up to Nat with 2 laps to go and with better drive on exits made the pass after indi. i thought 2nd was ok and still pretty pissed bout my fuel.

as the white flag went out i was only 5 seconds away from Stu..... so again pushed hard and caught him towards the end of the lap.... then all of a sudden the yellowhat turned into the yellowboat. big 20ft yellowboat!!!! hahaha he put in on the curb every corner giving me no oportunity to make a pass until the final two chicanes. i dropped back a little knowing he would most likely cover the inside and made sure i got the run going into it. hit my brake mark from the outside and saw Stu in the mirror. the funny thing was the tounge was out!!! controller held on an angle and leaning left on the couch doing everything i could to get the car turned in hahahaahaah

after an hour and half of racing it was great to have a battle for the win on the final lap and the gap at the end less than 2 sec.
  7. Barra333

Barra333 Rookie

PSN ID
    barra333
    So it looks like I'm back on deck. I went into my router setup and put my PS3 in the DMZ, and changed my DNS settings to 4.2.2.2 and 4.2.2.1 (from the previous custom ones that were working). Tried enabling uPnP, but even though it is enabled on the router, the PS3 still said unavailable.
    Since there werent many online when I did this, I ventured into the open lobby and joined a shuffle room which had up to 8 people at once, mostly Aussies, but at least one from Europe each race. 4 or 5 problem free races later, the host left, so I did too.
    Joined TopCat's room where folks where practicing for Chev's series. Joined room OK, said hi and left them to it.

Bring on the next round!

Oh FFS, I dont like Tokyo. Can we re-run the enduro instead? :cool:
  8. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    And can i say mate, thats why its great racing against guys who dont punt you off. You had every opportunity to punt me but didnt, even though you were faster and only 2 corners to go. As you say i just tried to hit every apex and make you work for it, couldnt outbrake you there though !!

Good drive nugg.......and nat as well, first 3 laps were great fun, even though i had a couple of clench moments !!!!!

@barra, great news mate, hope all holds up for the next round and Tek gets his peddles fixed. 9 or 10 on the grid is so much better. !
  9. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

Yea Driving force Gt pedals, Thanks for the tip Ill check it out.
  10. Barra333

Barra333 Rookie

PSN ID
    barra333
    Well, I was a waste of bandwidth last night. Had done barely any practice during the week, so my only strategy option was to satart on softs and run as far as I could and change to the hards for the run home. Wasnt going too badly for the first half dozen laps, keeping decent gap to Nat, and put a gap on the rest of the field. A few scrappy laps just before I pitted cost me time.
    Pitted lap 12 (or 13?), and the pit crew offered me 7L of fuel. Told them that wouldnt be enough and took. Got out of the pit in front of Nat, who went in 15sec earlier, so I either had not enough fuel, or something weird happened in his pitstop. Soon became apparent that I didnt have enough fuel. The gauge went red as I entered the pit straight on lap 25, figured I could get one more out of the red zone. Nope. I got around turn 1. Race over 6th place. Forgettable.

Rant time. How f***ing hard is for PD to implement something properly? Change the tyre model twice in a fortnight, change fuel burn, but not the bit that offers you enough fuel to finish a race. Also, I would expect more than 20secs of driving when my fuel light comes on. End rant
  11. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    At least you didnt get booted Barra !!!! Was good to see you going round again.....looked smooth too.

Results.

1. Nuggett
    2. Cob
    3. Stu
    4. Tek
    5. Natman
    6. Barra
    7. disturboed DSC at start
    8. Natman DNF

FL.
    1:35:494 stuart
    1:35:992 natman
    1:36:031 Nuggett
    1:36:756 Barra
    1:37:210 cob
    1:37:328 Tek
    1:40:223 neverenough
    *:**:*** Disturboed

My race........

Decided to start the race on hards and qualied 5th. With the limited prac i had (only did one stint in prac on softs to see how long they lasted !!) and thought i would 2 stop......bloody genius me !!!

Anyway, got a good start, was back to second last at the first corner, but managed to get passed a few in my first stint and was up to 4th. i pitted on lap 10 and ran my second stint on hards again, second last again, just ahead of Tek.

I think with the undercut i was leading for a while then pitted on lap 19 for my softs. Back to second last, but closing in on Nat and Barra at a rapid rate.

With about 5 to go i closed the gap on them, got passed Barra and then struggled to get passed Nat for a lap and a half, following him into every wall on the track !!!!!!

Finally got ahead and started to reel in cob and nuggett, but with the extra stop, and not enough laps was never going to catch them.

Good job guys, thought i would be tricky with the strat, saving time on refueling and keeping a steady pace on decent rubber. Back fired big time ...........

Anyway off to the burger ring, should be a good race there. hopefully stumbles, dougz and dutch will be back for the end of season finale, and nat and turbo will have a bit more luck......

@ to add to barras rant, i have to agree with you mate. The thing that annoys me most, is the fact that you cant get back into the pit menu once you press OK. Its stupid, and burnt a few people this season.

Cheers
    Stu
  12. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Ladder updated guys. Any mistakes just let me know.

Points in brackets are after dropping a round for final point score.

Cheers
    Stu
  13. natmanscoop

Good to see you up & running again Barra, but man, you were the fly in my ointment dude !

I (correctly) guessed that the usual protagonists would Qual on hards, so the plan was to run 12 neat, decent laps on softs, then just hope Nugg, Stu & Cob wasted too much time fighting amongst themselves.

Barra chased well from the start though, making me push HARD to keep out of "GT5 DRS" range on the long front straight (hence the 1m35.9 lap - faster than I wanted to go!) - Nice pressure Barra, good comeback pace :cool:
    That burned-up my rear tyres though, so the last 3 laps were just tyre management 'til the stop.. . .

If I was wearing a helmet, I would've been swearing loudly in it when I saw Barra's short-fill stop put him back in front after a 15sec. lead! Add to that my battle with Stu, and I burned-up my concentration like those soft tyres - Overcorrected onto the front straight & got dragged into the wall, there goes the 9sec. race lead. D'oh !

That broke my stride, was just trying to drag my lame carcass across the line at the end. Good racing guys, classy as usual.

Bring on the Burger-Ring ! (p.s. I'm up in Sydney this weekend - might not make the race)
  14. Barra333

Barra333 Rookie

PSN ID
    barra333
    The ironic thing Natman, is that I had no intention or desire to pass you, I just wanted to stay in the slipstream to help my lap times, and try and gap the guys on the hards. I made my mistakes from there on though.
    Sorry if I got in yours and Stu's way after the pitstop, that really wasnt a battle I should have been anywhere near (stupid fuel man).
  15. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Didn't get in my way mate, that's racin !!
  16. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    ok guys, last round this week at the burger-ring. Good luck to all involved.

Just a quick thank you for everyone's support of the league and series 9, in what proved to be an interesting season in more ways than 1 !

We hope that you have a good break from the Sunday racing for a few weeks, and are keen to come back and resume in late January for Season 10.

Im sure we will see you around for some of our test sessions anyway, or some of the weekly series over the break.

Please let us know about your intentions for season 10 here http://raceonoz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=2945

Get involved in the discussion for the regs so we can have the best racing available to us here http://raceonoz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=2943

See you on track soon we hope !

Stu, Aussie and ROOZ team
  17. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

Dont think I can make it tonight guys, can stumbles or Stu host. Sorry for late notice.
  18. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Yeah, I'll be there Tek, I can host it.
  19. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

Cheers stumbles.
  20. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Results. Round 7, burger ring.

1. Stu
    2. Cob
    3. Stumbles
    4. Barra
    5. Turbo
    6. Natman
    7. Never enough ( penalty)
    8. Nuggett. DNS
    9. Tek DNS
    10. Dougz DNS

First off, dominant championship win nuggett. Well done. Not sure where the rest of the championship is at, will work it out tomorrow.

Thanks for a good season guys. Some good, hard, clean racing which is what it's all about.

My race tonight, thanks to never and barra was a little easier than I was expecting. I hadn't turned a lap on the hards, so thought bugger it, will qual on softs, run as long as I can, then fill up and go for home on the hards.

I quallied 2nd, copped a penalty off the line, kept it in 2nd through turn 2 and never drove off the track and let me by, then in turn 4 I think, barra went off and never pulled over to offer a shovel, leaving me with a big lead over the guys on the hard tire. ( I checked the replay and there was no contact but Barras car reacted like there was ?? Weird)

Anyway, I pushed on and pitted on lap 12 with a lead of about 30 secs. Threw on the hards and managed to come out still in front. With 3 to go I was about 45 secs in front and a bit worried about fuel, so stopped again for a splash and dash, came out with about 10'second gap and cruised the last few for the win.

Shame you didn't make it it time nuggett. We started qual 10 minutes later, and then waited After qual another 10 but were nowhere to be seen. Sorry mate, was about 5 mins in it.

Thanks for the season guys, really hope to see on the season 10 grid, will make a real effort to get 10-12 cars on track and fill the track up. Thanks for your support in what has been a difficult season.

Catch ya after the break.
    Stu.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.