Division 2 Season 2

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Apr 4, 2014.

1. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    LOL, just saw this Nat..........now it all makes sense !!!!!

WOW, what a race tonight.....Qualified 3rd with a time that i have been running all week so was happy to be up near the front. Got a decent start, but then was too cautious in turn 1 in traffic and got swamped, finding myself back in 7th. I decided to look after my tires to get to lap 10, and with a few guys spinning, (TB) and a great scrap with COB and Razor towards the end of the first stint, i had managed to get myself back up to 2nd. My second stint was good, pitting on lap 21, and i came out right next to Faine who had pitted a lap before me. I managed to stick with him for 2 laps before he made a second gap, but then a small error in the long right hand sweeper saw me take the lead with 4 laps to go..I later found out he had refueled the tank to the top and was struggling a little on tires but miss daisy will take any win !!!!! Managed to get home by about 10 seconds, lucky but ill take it !! ;)
    Well done to Crunch for a hard earned 3rd, and special mention to TB and Joe who both 1 stopped, how big are your kahunas ??? !!!

Results
    POLE Faine
    1. stu
    2. faine (fastest lap)
    3. crunch
    4. cob
    5. joe
    6. TB
    7. razor
    8. come and get me
    9. leeboy
    10. natman
    11. jim

Off to spa for the enduro, hopefully we have a full grid for the last race of what has been a very tough season.
    SuiCid3 and MINT_GTR like this.
  2. razor4797

razor4797 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    razor4797
    I must have just had a brainfart and completely forgot or something. I've got no idea why I did that , but I'm regretting not filling up
    I didn't know about the 30L thing
  3. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    What a :):):):) race. Was going really well. Got a rubbish start and was 11th out of the first corner. Worked up to about 5th by first stop. Pitted with Crunch about a second behind. His pit was right in front of mine and due to PD being apocalyptic dingleberries, my car got stuck leaving the pits and I lost the place.
    Was absolutely spewing and then spun twice in the last corner trying to catch up. Game over. Kept plodding along but tyres were shot and I was resigned to watching other cars overtake me...
    The McLaren is not a great car and I can't wait to be rid of it to be honest.
    Spa will be painful but I'll show up so I at least qualifying for a very slim chance of winning the season prize.
    Screw you PD, bring on Project CARS!
    Ad2mny and JonoStan96 like this.
  4. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    image.jpg
    Ad2mny, WAC and leeboy910 like this.
  5. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Haha. last lap of my first stint, into turn 1 under brakes, the back end stepped out the whole way though the braking zone. About ten degrees of lock to the left to counter it all the way into the corner. Will have to watch the replay. Will look epic.
  6. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    lap times
    1:30:275 Faine
    1:30:549 Razor
    1:30:812 Stu
    1:31:031 CAGM
    1:31:308 cob
    1:31:492 leeboy
    1:31:564 Crunch
    1:31:603 natman
    1:32:025 TB
    1:32:148 joe
    1:33:339 jim
  7. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Forgot to mention
    Greasy, Frzn, firewind and M560 all DNS :(

Hope they can make it for the final round.
  8. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    I put 30 litres in during the first pit stop, which is how I overtook Lee like an absolute boss in the pits.

Unless you put in 30 litres as well Lee, then I think PD is fine. It was a fully conscious decision to put in 30 to try and overtake you, and the huge cheer I let out as it worked was one of the sweetest feelings. Fuel was (30), (58) and tyres were (9), (10), (10).

Bring on more street circuits I say. I can assert with confidence that I did a lot better because hitting the barrier wiped off time and slowed the car down instead of causing a race ruining spin on stupidly high kerbs like on a normal circuit. Not to mention the blind corners were so thrilling. I'll miss the McLaren a lot too...
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2014
  9. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    My car stuttered and almost stopped even though I was away well before you'd moved. Next thing I knew, your car drive through mine and was in front.
    PD can suck it...
  10. CobMcCool

CobMcCool Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    Yeah had stuttering stop as well went in not far behind stu, but hesitated going into pit bay for some reason, by the time I got serviced stu was back on track and I was just leaving pit bay but :):):):) happens, didn't really effect my result as I got too friendly with the wall too often, was happy to qual 2nd only .027 secs behind faine. I just wanted to show I'm not a spent force in this Div after such a :):):):)ty start to the season in this god awful car, but I have noticed last week at Daytona as well as last night that I'm starting to have trouble picking out my brake markers and turn in points and may have to nerd up and start wearing my glasses if I can find them and see if that helps.

Cheers
  11. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I always am conscious of races where we need to pit, to try and pit when nobody else pits in front of me. Also getting into the room early gives you a better pit box near the pit exit so that people don't slow you down when they are in their own box. I planned to pit on lap 10 and 20 but on 10 someone else was pitting so I went 1 more lap (which ended up being better for my second stint anyway)
    Stumbles likes this.
  12. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Thats why I decided to stick with my 3 stop strat, no-one else in the pit at the same time, although, I ended up following someone in on my second stop.
  13. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Some of the tracks have much worse pits than others. Pain in the arse, when I went in last night in front of cob my car spluttered and stopped with no one in front of me. Also watched one of razors stops and his pit crew were on drugs !
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  14. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    paint sniffing...
  15. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  16. natmanscoop

natmanscoop Professional Gold Member

GOOD LORD do I need to practice, zero wheel time before Tokyo AND somehow thought I'd installed 1.09 update, which was very obviously not the case at 7:50pm!! !

I liked the McLaren before this update, now I can't feel anything the front-end is doing. Is that just me? I stand by my remark last night: if I find the person responsible for ruining the feel/ making it understeer like that, I'm PUNCHING THEM IN THE FREAKIN THROAT!*

*Rant inspired by my new self-help book: What Would Kyle Sandilands Do?
    Stumbles, razor4797, Anon666 and 5 others like this.
  17. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    OK guys. Regs for the enduro this sunday.

LAPS WILL BE 41 (accounting for a few extra pit stops)
    WEAR : FAST
    QUAL: Must use RACE SOFT
    RACE: 1st stint MUST be race soft, then you must do AT LEAST 1 stint on the RACE MEDIUM during the race.

This means you can run the medium all the way to the end IF YOU WANT, or you might opt to run 3 stints on the soft tire and just 1 on the medium. ITS UP TO YOU so long as you run both compounds at some stage.

After testing, its clear that you can get between 7 - 10 laps from the soft tire, where as on the mediums you will run out of fuel before the tires die. (11 laps from a tank i reckon). Using the fast wear setting definitely brings more strategy into it, which is why we have decided to go this way.

IF you are a tire eater i would suggest using the Medium from after the first pit stop till the end of the race. This way you should be able to get through on 3 stops, if you use the soft tire more than once you "might" have to stop 4 times, but it would be a close thing given the 2-3 second lap time difference.

Any questions fire them at us.

Thanks for your support this season guys. Has definitely been a challenge with PD throwing changes at us, reasonable numbers, the loss of a good mate, a beast of a car and a tough track list. The mod team have done a great job keeping the ball rolling behind the scenes so thanks to them as well.

The next season should be a walk in the park, get your entries in !

Cheers
    MOD TEAM
  18. natmanscoop

natmanscoop Professional Gold Member

Oh NICE one, took the words right outta my mouth, was going to suggest this but figured the mods had enough going on already!

Can we do x7 time, starting at 8:10am? Race should be 95mins, and finish just before dusk at 8PM. Spa looks cool in golden light!

p.s. Thanks mod team, your efforts & amount of thought & testing put onto this detail are very much appreciated.

Cheers.
    stucar17 likes this.
  19. razor4797

razor4797 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    razor4797
    You guys (Mod team) have done a brilliant job yet again. This round will be extremely interesting. I honestly have not got a clue who will come out victorious in each division at Spa. Bring it on! :cool:
    Clevohead likes this.
  20. Faine

Faine New Recruit

PSN ID
    faine555
    Hey rooz members ! I need to ask everyone a massive favour. If you may not know, I race in real life here in Nz and I've just been selected for the elite Motorsport academy in Nz. Likes of Richie Stanaway, mich evans (I think) earl bamber (again I think) have been through this academy so it's a big deal as those guys are in gp3&2 and what not. So it's not just anything. But what I'm asking is if everyone can please head along to this Facebook link and give the photo a share and or give the photo a share as well as like! But please make sure you click onto the photo.the support would be amazing and I'd highly appreciate it! Thanks heaps guys !

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1481563615413562&id=1389451714624753
    Cheers
    Faine
    SuiCid3, Stumbles, razor4797 and 5 others like this.