Division 2 Season 1

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jan 6, 2014.

1. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    And some victory shots :) Twin Ring Motegi Road Course.jpg Twin Ring Motegi Road Course_36.jpg Twin Ring Motegi Road Course_37.jpg
    WAC likes this.
  2. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    It seems that the update has uncorrupted SOME of my replays. I can get some Trial Mountain photos now, not that they're necessary now.
  3. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Just a general reminder to all drivers regarding corner cutting for this round..

The Silverstone circuit has a noticeable number of corners where you can get away with cutting, and a potential to gain an advantage.

Any drivers who "continually" or "intentionally" cut corners to gain advantage will be handed a post race penalty.

For a brief rundown of the penalties for different offenses please look at the link below, and check out the third post down where it highlights the penalty for certain offenses.

http://raceonoz.com/threads/rules-regulations.70/#post-4416

We will be looking closely at this round, especially fastest laps and positions gained.

Cheers
    mod team
  4. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    I can guess that this is primarily for turn 1, Maggots and Beckets and Club I think.
  5. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Primarily maybe, but the track is defined by the white line, so 2 wheels need to be inside the white lines at all times.
  6. zampli

zampli Team Driver

Dont forget copse (quick left hander) and Stowe (right hander near end), copse is especially lenient here.
  7. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    As I mentioned in the lag thread, I finally got the long ethernet wire, so if I'm lagging like crazy again tonight we can obviously confirm the problem is something else.
  8. fRZn

fRZn Team Driver

PSN ID
    fRZnAU
    Just left a mates place after watching gp. Ill be home in about 10 feel free to start the race
  9. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Will wait if you want, give you 10 mins.
    Qual at 8:30
  10. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Great win natman.

Will do the results and stuff tomorrow, but it was Nat, me then joe.

Good race with the usual issues with n64 lagging. Cob caught the rough end again tonight. Bad luck mate.
  11. WAC

WAC Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    i moved on..but damn it was fun!
    Yes good drive Nat - thought i may be able to stay with you but once Stu & Cob caught me i could not maintain my pace under pressure.
    Great battle between me, Stu, Cob and then Jono - Was a real shame that lag destroyed your race Cob.
    Surprised to be on the podium again..hehehe :)
  12. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Great job natman, utterly deserved and overdue. Though I think I might have had the pace to keep up with you, I couldn't see you on track and I made far too many mistakes, whilst you were flawless! Well done. Excellent job too to Stu and Joe.

So now that I know that I am still lagging, I am now convinced this is a PD issue. As Stu said last night, there is no reason for TB to be lagging, and considering the time it took for me to login to PSN decreased ten fold with the wired connection, there is no reason for me to be lagging as well. If I decide blow more hundreds of dollars on another modem (which I can't afford) and the optic fibre is finally completed in my area, only then will I be proven wrong. I apologise profusely for ruining another race, this time Cob's.

Anyway, after that race, I reckon the time of day has an impact on the track conditions, as when I was practicing during the week with razor and the time set for early morning/midday, I was getting 2:06 deads and mid '06's. But last night, I didn't even come close to getting those times. So I was very surprised to score pole with an '07.3, which gave me an overly exaggerated sense of confidence.

I was still very happy with my overall race pace, but spinning out of the lead at Stowe and spinning twice at Luffield did me no favours whatsoever. I could see the smiles of my rivals as they sped past me in my cloud of spin smoke lol.

The battles with Joe, Cob and Scotty were great fun, but of course, my lag put a downer on it once again. It's very frustrating to not be able to enjoy the battles fully with Scotty, who was resilient down the Hanger Straight, Joe, who ran wide a couple of times at odd places and Cob who was (rightly) defending like crazy, due to problems I have no control of. Naturally after seeing Cob's red machine disappear from my rear view a little bit faster than normal, I waited for him.

Whilst I am completely over the moon in taking the title, it doesn't feel as satisfying as it should due to the lag. Don't get me wrong, it feels amazing to be crowned champion, but it is certainly tainted. I am very satisfied with my driving over the course of the season, and nothing is going to stop me from trying to become one of the 6 first time league winners at our Motorsport place of worship!

Cheers, Jono.
    razor4797 likes this.
  13. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    Congrats Jono.
    Its a shame you are still experiencing your lag issues and I (like you) think this has more to do with the PSN servers than it does our endpoints. I hope they can sort this out in due course as it does spoil some of the fun (especially when someone gets lag-punted and can be put out of contention by something so simple.

In regards to the practice times vs race times I myself wonder if during races the physics are slightly different (just like online vs offline time trial, or new tyres vs tyres after pitting).

How many of us, during practice sessions, actually create a race and practice under these conditions?
    Or do most do what I do and just open a room and jump on track and do lap after lap?

I wonder if we tried creating a race (even if it was a 1 man race), would we still achieve the same times as a standard practice session or would these times more closely resemble the times we hit during racing?

Perhaps it's just me but during qualifying & racing my times don't get anywhere close to what I can do during online practice. If the physics aren't different then I seriously need to improve when "the heat is on" LOL :)
  14. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    I did a full race session the other day, managed to get an 8.1xx, in practice a got a couple of 8.0's, but then in the race last night, could only manage an 8.603. Might be just the fact the heat is on (as you put it), trying that little but harder and getting it slightly wrong??
  15. CobMcCool

CobMcCool Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    This may have been asked before but, is anybody else using the internet at your house while you are racing?
    This has a massive effect on stability regardless of overall speed, DMZ, or QoS or whatever, when I'm racing I make sure the only user online at my house is the ps3 and it seems to work.
  16. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    N64 How old is your router/modem?

Someone a i know from another league changed his modem for a new one and his lag was gone.
  17. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    I make sure that no one else in the house is using the internet when ROOZ racing, last time thast happened I was DC'd from the Econobox race, and the 2nd ANZGT race before that.
  18. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    It's virtually brand new, I got it about 3 weeks (estimate) before the start of the season.
  19. WAC

WAC Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    i moved on..but damn it was fun!
    After my 3rd disconnect from the room i stormed around the house kicking everybody off the net (damn kids!..go to sleep!! ...daddy wants to play!)
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  20. JonoStan96

PSN ID