Division 1 season 10

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jan 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Yeah true, do that then.
  2. aussie_man21

aussie_man21 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    Ok cool mate, just hope Cyber has his room set up with "No Mics"
    If not, i will open my room jumping on mow to see if Cyber's room is ago-er or not.
    but will sent msgs out anyways to make sure every1 is on the right track.. So to speak.. :p
  3. zampli

zampli Team Driver

just about to turn some laps here, dont expect much from tonight lol.
  4. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    7 starters. 4 with no practice. Podium was decided before the flag dropped! Arrggh hate that track. Anyway, well done top 3, Aussie the star of the night. Warrior, as always, too consistent. And Mustafur, another podium, well done.

Results:

Aussie 1:24.959
    Warrior 1:24.758
    Mustafur 1:25.245
    Anon 1:25.629
    Zamps 1:25.906
    Stig 1:26.021
    Neishy d/c

Bugger, who got pole in the end? Warrior wasn't it?? Warrior got FL. He must have the championship just about locked in too. WD man if that is the case!
  5. zampli

zampli Team Driver

yeah it was warrior who got pole (again lol). didnt really feel like racing tonight with nothing here since pre-season. expected to be on last night, but only found out on friday we were staying over with family somewhere else, and only got back home at about 7...
    felt so slow, will try and have a good final round with adequate practice, been letting it slip lately.
  6. TheStig13

TheStig13 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    thestig-13
    Most likely won't be racing tonight, having some serious pedal issues now - one of the wires is split in the cable, so they don't work. Not going to bother using the controller in a league race, as I haven't raced seriously using a controller for over two years, so I'll be all over the road... and the sand traps... and the walls as well.
  7. aussie_man21

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    that's a real shame mate, you have a real chance to take out 4th place as 4th, 5th and you in 6th are only split by a hand full of points...
  8. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
  9. TheStig13

TheStig13 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    thestig-13
    Actually, I'll be racing tonight... sent the pedals into the pit garage and chief mechanic Dad fixed the issue by soldering some old speaker wire to the faulty wire in the pedals cable.
  10. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Epic race guys, didn't expect to be too fast after it was probably my worst week practise wise, but i was pretty much on the pace like at Grand valley which was good, Warrior still too fast though and congrats to your 2nd Championship.

Had a Epic battle with Zamps and Cyber in the middle of the race, my most enjoyable race so far in terms of action, still happy to continue the podium streak going with another 2nd.
  11. zampli

zampli Team Driver

epic championship win warrior, dominant back2back wins.
    good race, didnt expect to be nearly that high up, only did first laps about half hour before qualifying again.
    my main race was with aussie tonight, fighting for 2nd in c'ship. only stayed near warrior and mus due to draft, then one mus fell back, i took 2nd and warrior started to run away, as expected, as well as mus coming back.

he pitted lap13, i went in 14 and came out in front and was surprised he wasnt catching me faster, though i did manage to get a much better feel for the track throughout the race which helped a lot. we ended up catching cyber who was no stopping, which created a bit of havoc for us, and once mus got past, i still spent a while behind cyber, and by the time i got past, mus was probably about 8 seconds up the road.

needed the 2nd to beat aussie in c'ship, and i think i was actually catching mus a bit and almost matching warriors splits, which was pleasing. however, there was no way i was going to make up the gap, so settled for third and almost lost it last lap in that left kink before corkscrew. thankfully, aussie was still a bit further behind so i kept 3rd, but wasnt enough.

enjoyable season it has been with 2 wins, 3rd again at the end of it, looking forward to the next one.
  12. warrior2167

warrior2167 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    Thanks everyone, there was some really great and clean racing during the championship, and thank you to the mods for organising this championship.

Provisional Results

1st - warrior2167 - FL 1:35.709
    2nd - Mustafur + 20.995 - FL 1:36.207
    3rd - Zampli +36.061 - FL 1:36.328
    4th - aussie_man + 37.374 - FL 1:.36.953
    5th - thestig-13 + 45.611 - FL 1:36.633
    6th - Cyber_STIG + 46.489 - FL 1:37.069
    7th - kyofu_tenshi + 50.589 - FL 1:36.869
    8th - X4rotorploxX + 2 Laps - FL 1:36.437
    9th - NOS_Neishy + DSC Lap 27 - FL 1:38.691
  13. aussie_man21

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    Ok first off, Congrats Warrior on the Championship
    What else can i say but YOU ARE A SPEED FREAK.. :p Well done mate!!

Well done Zampli for 3rd ***EDIT 2ND*** in the championship Top work mate!!
    for 1 off the youngest guys here dam your quick and 1 of the most upstanding gentleman i have raced..
    All Credit to you mate..
    Now you have a couple Div 1 season under your belt,
    its great to see those nerves disappear and those racing elbows are getting bigger.. :p

Mustafur ( MuskyPussy :lol: )
    Well done on the top effort coming in half way through the season and making a huge impact on the points..
    i'm expecting next season you will do well..

the-stig13
    had some top battles with you through the season too..
    bit of bad luck for you through the season with your wheels.. Maybe time to upgrade?

X4rotorploxX
    welcome to div 1, Hope the race didn't scare you away :lol:

kyofu_tenshi
    Thanks for showing up for the race to make grid a bit larger.. Hope to see you next season..

Last but not lest THANKS to Cyber & Anon for the Hosting duties ;)
    & to ALL the other MODS for there hard work in the season..

if i missed any1 SORRY, the LEAD here in the MINES do Funny things to ya HEAD... :p :lol: 8o
  14. X4rotorsploxX

X4rotorsploxX Rookie

PSN ID
    X4rotorsploxX S.Leonheart (GT6)
    Thanks Aussie, I definately need to do more pracitce on sports tyres
  15. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Top quality competition you got here, really felt like i have improved as a driver in the short few weeks i've been here as i usually don't focus on just one track as much as i have and learnt a few new ways how to get the faster lap.
  16. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    still, 4th fastest lap on debut without much practise is still solid effort.
  17. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Well done Warrior, and to all Div 1 guys. Good season again. Thanks for hosting Cyber. Look forward to seeing you all on the track again soon.... next Sunday preferably, Nascar race, won't take long to learn the track. Turn left, turn left, turn left, rinse and repeat!!
  18. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Yeah, I think I heard somewhere Cyber was doing the Nascar because you was too Anon ;)
  19. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Well done warrior on another title. Fantastic.

Just a quick thanks to everyone for yet another successful season.

Its been a growth period for the league, so please try to stay in contact with the new guys and see if we can get them back again next season.

Thanks to all the other mods in helping with the set up, hopefully i will be back on track in the next few months, fingers crossed !

Stu
  20. zampli

zampli Team Driver

thanks aussie, definitely felt a bit different coming into div1 from div2, moreso than div3 to div2, but adjusted fairly quickly, mainly a psychological thing i think (i know, its just a game lol).
    especially with someone like warrior, who can consistently run so quick and comes in the room on sunday and blitzes the times that we've been running all week (if we've been practising;)
    3rd for 2nd season in a row now, hope we can take the fight even more to warrior next season, mus did and so did you at autumn ring, i definitely slacked off later in season (mainly due to f12012), but hope to change that next season, see how it fits in with everything else.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.