Withdrawing from GT5 racing - Burgled, PS3 stolen

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by KoAStR, Oct 19, 2011.

1. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Hey fella's,

As some of you might of seen in the shoutbox I got burgled today. :mad:
    Amongst a few other things and a smashed glass door, the PS3, both controllers and all my games got nabbed.

Obviously I'll be withdrawing from any GT5 racing for the time being. Not sure if I'll replace it yet or what.... :(

I've got house and contents etc so will be all covered. The material items are not so hard to replace it's the inconvenience and the little things like DLC content and :):):):) you loose that's really frustrating (like VIP mappacks and stuff from BFBC2). Not to mention feeling violated either. But I've been burgled or had cars stolen a couple of times before over the years so kinda used to that aspect. The big pisser was I was really looking forward to a chilled out night after so many late ones with interviews and :):):):) over the last week and a bit. Not to mention maybe checking out the new Spa DLC.

I backed up my GT5 data fairly recently so shouldn't loose much there, hopefully keep my chromeline cars and all. :/
    The missus lost her laptop but fortunately important data is backed up on an external drive that's still here.

Please anyone let me know if 'I' login to PSN. I'm not sure if credit card details are still on the PS3 (haven't purchased anything since the outage). My account is auto-login so whoever it is may be able to make PSStore purchases or maybe even see details if the card is still registered. I think this stuff requires a password verification but not sure...

I'll wait and see how it all works out and let you guys know as soon as/if I get another PS3.

Well I guess it's back to strictly iRacing for the time being, I'll have to get some more headphones for voice chat as the pricks nabbed those too. But at least the new PC's still here. Too bulky to carry off in a hurry I imagine.

Have fun with all the current events and the new GT5 DLC content. Cheers.
  2. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Sorry to hear that mate, bastards, hope they catch them and they get what they deserve.
  3. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

They won't catch me stu. Any chance I could grab the 3 digit security number for your card koastr? Ta mate.
  4. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Hey ever thought it could be someone you race against trying to slow you down. No seriously its a big bummer to be violated like that with little pricks going through your stuff. A tough old cop we used to know growing up said if he ever caught some scum going through his hard earned stuff, he whould take them out to the old gold mine shafts we have near here and dump them in the one they use to dump all the septic tank wast, no cop will suggest looking in there he said. Obviously we were well behaved kids back then cos we weren't sure if he hadn't already done that before.
  5. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

That's the way all crims should be dealt with bonus.
  6. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Hehe Cheers fella's. Forensics came around this morning. No prints, they were wearing gloves.
    But they said there's a fair bit of this going on and they've got pretty good ideas on who it is, it's just a matter of getting evidence for a search warrant.

Anyway, pretty pleased we had the insurance. It always seems like such a waste of money until you really need it.
    I thought we came off fairly lightly but totalling it all up there's probably over $5k to claim including after hours replacement of the glass door if insurance didn't cover that already. Suddenly the insurance premium looks alot more reasonable!

One of the cats it pretty unsettled. Kept us up most of the night howling then completely freaked when forensics knocked on the door this morning.
  7. beau261

beau261 Beau

PSN ID
    beau261
    I know how to fix the cats problem......chk......chk......boom!
  8. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

"then the fat wog said to the skinny wog....."
  9. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

lmao Chev,
  10. OuttaAngst

OuttaAngst Rookie

Thats sucks Koastr, hope insurance sorts everything out. Glad they didn't get the new PC (or the race seat). Did they take the g25?

They did you a favour taking those headphones, they were always dropping out. Get some USB wired ones.
  11. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Cheers mate. Nah the G25 was all bolted down and would have been to difficult to carry I think.
    Ahah wrong headphones mate. They left the wireless one I use on the PS3 (that you're talking about) and took my good Logitech wired ones I use on the PC....

GET THIS THOUGH - the little bastards stole our cotties chocolate ice magic out of the pantry!!!!
    Went to have it on some ice-cream last night and it was no where to be found :mad:
  12. Barra333

Barra333 Rookie

PSN ID
    barra333
    So Chev was hungry? Was there less ice cream in the bucket and a dirty bowl in the sink too?

It is amazing the stupid things thieves will take. Aside from the stupidity and overall ****ness of them anyway.

I guess you iRacing stats in your signature will start to improve a bit quicker than they otherwise would have?
  13. OuttaAngst

OuttaAngst Rookie

Lol did you get the serial number from the bottle so you can claim it back on insurance?

Possibly you just ran out? Was any ice cream gone too?
  14. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    Were you too stoned that you forgot you drank it all? lol
  15. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Damn, missed this post until now. Hope they catch the little F***ers and take them out to Bonus's place... get rid of them for good.

Hope you replaced your toothbrushes??? Have heard nasty stories of them being placed in certain bodily cavities and then left for the home-owner to use the next day.
  16. aussie_man21

aussie_man21 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    toothbrushes... o yucky flavoured, that would have leave :):):):)y taste in ya mouth.

hope u were insured dude even 2 replace the little things.
  17. aussie_man21

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    Trade the cat/s in man and tell ya missus you are gatting a massive :):):):)ing dog. that usaully sorts the theiving front bums out.
    i have a crazy mediumish size BLACK mut (Sieberian husky cross boarder colley) and i'll tell ya man NO THEIVING DIRTBAGS even think about entering my yard. lol
  18. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    haha - your dog sounds cool.
    The missus' mum instantly went and purchased us two 'fake dog alarms' :lol:
    They're meant to sense motion outside and bark like a large german shepherd .She's sending them over from NZ!

I think I'm going to invest in a real alarm.....unfortunately we don't really have the space for a dog, let alone a big one. Someday.
  19. aussie_man21

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    WHAT THE HELL A FAKE DOG ALARM. thats the most stupidest thing i've heard, o'well at least it won't :):):):) on the grass and piss on everything :lol: :lol:
    the good old in-laws try ya hardest to get them 2 like ya when ya first meet them, after a few years u just don't bloody care if they do or not :p ........ then all they r good 4 is talking/whinding about ya behind ya back, buying ya :):):):) that doesn't work, need or just plan don't want. :lol: aarrrhh in-laws ya gotta love them or ya missus will make ya life hell, shoot ya or worst thing cut ya tackle and jiggles berries off while your asleep dreaming about killing those in-laws.. :lol: :lol: :lol:
  20. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    :lol: - yep, yep and yep!
    Aussieman, Snake, loving the comical contributions you guys are making all over the forums
    :p now, "you lads keep saying funny :):):):)"