GT5 What view do you use?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Rumbleshorts, Apr 29, 2012.

1. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

Heya,

Just wondering what view you utilise when you race or play in general? Traditionally I use bumper cam & cockpit on premium cars (about 50% for each) but am really interested to see what other find as their view of choice.

For series races I use bumper cam exclusively, and maybe that is what I am doing wrong :lol:
  2. M1K1_D

M1K1_D Miki D

Previously I had always used bumper cam for everything, however since I've started iRacing the only view is cockpit, so now I have to re-learn how to drive. (In more ways than one). G27 has a clutch, new button config, different pedal feel and new view are making things 'different'. All good. :)
  3. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Have always used bumper cam, just found it the easiest......i get too distracted in cockpit view, looking at the dials and stuff. I also struggles to know where the corners of the car are......i suppose its just what you get used to.....
  4. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

I used to use bumper cam about 8 months ago, but found it to be too visually restrictive and difficult to gauge how far behind another car and how close walls were. So now I use hood cam. It gives a better idea of distance behind the car in front, and also gives a little sideways visibility without actually looking sideways. The lack of a rear view mirror was a pain to start with, but I soon learnt to use the look behind button.
  5. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Cockpit 100%
  6. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

I use the hood view to (the one where u see the end of your bonnet). Used it since season 1.
  7. aussie_man21

aussie_man21 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    well i use the view from behind the car, even tho i'm sporting a G27 wheel and pedals. (Weird some people think)
    i find this view a massive advantage to my slightly different and aggressive driving style :p

advantages are:
    i can see the whole car (which helps my mushy brain to get the car turned in and hit apexes :lol: )
    see any1 car around me (which helps me place the car where its needed weather it be offensively or defensively NOT necessarily avoid them.... He He Anon :lol: )
    using behind car view couple with surround sound system or turtle beach headset give me a big heads up on when and how close a car is coming from behind and which side they are going to try and overtake me on.
    helps to see when the car get sideways in and out of the corner.. sometimes :p (even tho i drive by feel 98% it helps to see what the car does in a pack of other car)

disadvantages are:
    car behind me can be a pain popping their unwanted bonnet in and out of the bottom of the screen.
    and sound even those it is an advantage it can be sometimes hard to hear my own car when there is a pack..
    sometimes it can be hard to avoid tapping my front bumper on rear bumper of the car in front.. Morse Code pressure!! and rubbing is racing RIGHT?? :p :lol:
  8. ENFORCER_98

ENFORCER_98 Lead Foot Boffin

PSN ID
    ENFORCER_98
    i use the top down camera... LOL no i use the bonnet cam
  9. M1K1_D

M1K1_D Miki D

I guess you know then what i'm going through. :) It is difficult to readjust, either miss the apex or clip the wall. One good thing from last night was when i'm next to someone, I can see them in the side mirror. Only 1 side though.
  10. MrTopCat

MrTopCat New Recruit

Bumper cam, always have.
  11. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Bumper cam for me too. I tried bonnet cam, liked the view but missed the rear vision too much and went back to bumper.
  12. Hosie09

Hosie09 Stevie

I'm with Aussie. I use rear view. It helps to see the car and see what's going on with it during the race.
  13. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

lol I cant believe ppl use the the 3rd person view. To me that view is horrible, it feels like im driving a remote controlled car and im not connected to it at all. Good view for a game pad but with a wheel.........u kidding me?
  14. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    I'm with you Tek. I've tried the 3rd person view and the control of the car just didn't feel like it worked properly.

You do get a better view of cars around you, but my lack of skill meant I couldn't get around a corner very well, lol.

:)
  15. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    +1: I always thought the rear chase view was just for skids and children drivers....... :p
  16. aussie_man21

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    yeah laugh it up boys, BUT you have to remember i'm racing with some pretty rough shady retarded drivers here!!! :p :lol:
  17. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Yer Aussie the shadiest one is in the car right in front of you with your view, lol
  18. inline 6

inline 6 New Recruit

i use the 3rd person aswell thought i was the only 1 :p find it easier to make sure im not sideways, see smoke when its locking up, and to make sure im using all the track. if im in first person i always wonder in a spin was it curb or grass that caused it or just too keen on the gas.

but i do use bumper and cockpit views sometimes for fun, also when i drive offline ill use the clutch and 6speed unless its something like a f1 car im driving.
  19. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    I prefer bonnet, but with no rear view, I usually run with bumper. I run cockpit view a bit offline, but the depth perception and wheel movements can be distracting. Maybe the problem is just me I don't race a car IRL, but there are a few un-populated bits of road near home that I might detour through now and again. When I'm hanging to the inside of a corner trying not to crash, I can't see a perfectly in focus steering wheel or gear-stick or dash. I see the road and the red mist, that's it. Definitely not a set of hands moving out of synch with my real hands turning the wheel or changing the gears. If they could get movement controls working in future consoles, it'd be nice for the game to recognise that I am looking down and have the screen pan down to see the wheel and gear stick etc, but the rest of the time give me maximum external view to mimic real life, where all you see is the road ahead. That's a long winded way of saying I'm :):):):) with cockpit view...

Hey Stumbles, long time no see. Wanna race on Monday night?
  20. aussie_man21

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    what is it about all you fellas worried about the "rear view" it like yous r scared some1 is going to take you from behind. :lol: