Season III - F1 2017 RACEONOZ Formula One World Championship (PS4)

Discussion in 'F1LOZ Past Seasons' started by JonoStan96, Sep 1, 2017.

1. fezza

fezza Team Driver

PSN ID
    FeZZa_21
    yeah I prefer to use just one of the default ones when the TT ones are rubbish but had no time to test so chucked it on.
  2. Jurassic Mark

Jurassic Mark Team Driver

PSN ID
    themarkomac
    I used the one posted in this thread. But I've always struggled at Brazil, havent raced for a couple of weeks and was pretty tired last night so I cant really pin it to a setup issue...
  3. Telum

Telum Team Driver

PSN ID
    familiagtr
    xlxy90 likes this.
  4. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

cue the drum roll for the season 3 finale..... will Jono make an incredible comeback to take his 2nd rooz f1 title? or will Beau make a return & keep the bookies happy?
    good luck fellas & enjoy
    Hatfield likes this.
  5. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    DRIVERS BRIEFING Final Round - Abu Dhabi Grand Prix - 28 Laps
    Previous Winner: Razor

[​IMG]

Please read the following carefully and 'like' it when you have read and understood it.

TRACK LIMITS: As per our rules and regs drivers must keep 2 wheels on the ripple strips or white lines at all times. We all make a mistake or 2, but if you are caught "continually and obviously" running outside the track limits to gain advantage you will be penalized by the stewards group.

CONTACT: CONTACT IS TO BE AVOIDED AT ALL TIMES. If you make contact with the car in front and gain an advantage, you MUST REDRESS and give the place back. Failure to do so could result in a penalty from the stewards group.

PASSING: Passing is far more difficult with these new cars. You must set up your passes accordingly and not pass recklessly. Yas Marina has many opportunities to pass and is very wide.

SWERVING: You are NOT permitted to swerve from side to side on the straights. Drivers may only change direction ONCE on corner entry.

PRE-RACE: You must wait until a call to ready in the PS4 chat. This will be approximately 45 seconds after the F1 intro sequence, more than enough time to setup a race strategy. DO NOT hit X until the ready call is sent.

FORMATION LAP: This season will see the introduction of the formation lap to set the clutch bitepoint and to warm up tyres. Please avoid overtaking other cars and leave space.

TURN 1 LAP 1: You can't win the race at turn 1, but you can certainly lose it. Take care into the first corner and leave plentiful space for other drivers, as this is the most risky part of the race.

PIT LINES: Use the pit lane lines as indicated. Do not charge into the pit lane as you risk damaging your car and disrupting the race. Commit early to avoid potentially causing a serious accident. Stay within the lines, you may not cut the exit line AT ALL, otherwise you will receive a warning.

PIT STOPS: This season will introduce realistic pit stops. You must slow down to the indicated speed limit otherwise you will earn a stop and go penalty. You must also pull away from the pits using the clutch, and deactivate the pit limiter on the pit exit line.

BLUE FLAGS: Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. You should be aware of the leaders coming up on you, and move out of the way as soon as possible. Best to get off the race line, and with a small lift let them go, so you can continue the fight with those in your class. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty.

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS: You are to PM myself, @Viperzed & @Hatfield should you want to raise a protestz The main Stewards group thread will have all the necessary info in it, regarding rules and regs, and the protest procedure. Please read it and understand how it works.

http://www.raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/stewards-group-official-thread.2593/

PENALTY POINTS: For this season you can only be awarded Penalty Points if you have been protested, severely infringe appropriate driving standards, fail to upload your pole position lap, make a track limit infringment on the lap, quit without retiring or spam the PS4 Group Chat.

GROUP CHAT: The chat will be used to convey vital information between sessions. Please do not spam the chat during a qualifying or race session unless it is to warn drivers regarding lag.

QUITTING: This is a huge problem in this game, remember in this series, a safety car will bring you back into the fight. As usual, if you need to leave, make sure you retire the car before leaving the lobby. Failure to do so will result in 3 penalty points against your name. It is also asked that you do not chuck a hissy fit and take out the brake markers. The rage quitting is becoming far too frequent recently and is heavily affecting the race results. In all ROOZ races you must aim to finish the race and/or not cause problems for those still racing. Please do not exit the race unless you absolutely need to.

RECORD YOUR RACE!: Please remember to record your footage via pre recording it or saving it after the race. If you want to protest anything, we can only act on the info we have in front of us, failure to do so will not enable us to view things from your game perspeective, and with some of the issues we have seen, this could have a massive influence on how the stewards group will view and rule on an incident.
    razor4797, fezza and Hatfield like this.
  6. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Hope to get a big grid tonight for what will almost certainly be the last ever F1 race.
  7. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    @JonoStan96 28 laps? I thought we were doing a 100% race tonight?
  8. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I liked your idea to run a 7 round season alongside the other games with the retro round in a classic car
  9. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    enduro's tend to get lower grids
  10. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    Damn. I was looking forward to a full race.
  11. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

ditto. more chance of getting bigger grids & still playing this great game. dont give up Jono!
  12. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    I’ll post an entry thread alongside the ones for the next Pcars2/GTS season but I’ve already laid the flowers, only if we get enough sign ups will there be a resurrection. I’d be a lot more upbeat if people showed up.
    razor4797 likes this.
  13. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    round 9 had 15 drivers and prior to that grids were good too. Maybe it is just too long for some.
    We know with other seasons, driver attendances drop off some what and that is with 7 rounds.
    F1 managed good grids for 9 so hopefully with the smaller seasons, grids will stay packed
  14. natmanscoop

natmanscoop Professional Gold Member

I may not make it home in for tonight's race, don't wait up for me.
  15. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    Got an update. Hold up for me
  16. JonoStan96

PSN ID
  17. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  18. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I came into the round knowing I needed 4 points more than @fezza to overtake him in the standings.
    Which for me meant either a win (unlikely) or finishing with some other drivers in between.
    Big thanks to my teammate @xlxy90 for being that driver.

I did make it hard work for myself spinning out of the hairpin and damaging the wing.
    The game also tried to make it hard, putting me on softs despite the next tyre specifying supers

Well done on the championship @JonoStan96 & @nigegunz
    fezza likes this.
  19. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

you too Hat
    Hatfield likes this.
  20. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    As usual, I had a strange race.

Qualified in 4th, everybody managed to have a clean start which was good to see. I was running pretty close behind @razor4797 who in turn was pretty close behind @Hatfield . Razor had a small slip up out of T19 at the end of lap 3 and I tried to pounce and take him up the inside of T20. I'm not sure if you spotted me Razor but you clipped me and set me in to the wall, smashing my front wing to bits. Not ideal but I only had to limp 200m to get to the pits for a fresh wing. Bolted on some supersofts and set out to catch the pack back up. At around lap 10-11 I think, @Viperzed sold his car to the highest bidder, which happened to be the wall coming out of T19 and his race was over. A bit disappointing because I clawed back 20 odd seconds to him and was looking forward to a fight. Next up the road was @fezza , starting on the supersofts after coming undone in quali. Caught up around lap 15-16 I think. Your boots were looking far from first class by that point. Got within 2 seconds coming through the control line, heading up around T3 and I had a hugeeee tank slapper, managed somehow to keep it out of the wall, dropped back a further 4-5 seconds and had to do all the hard work again. Good thing I had a 2 second per lap advantage. Fez stopped on lap 17 for a set of ultrasofts just as I was on his tail again. I pumped out one last lap on what was some very average tires before my last stop. Managed to over-cut Fez and come out about a second in front. From there on it was pretty smooth sailing. Hat was in my ear as I was catching him with 4 laps to go. But eventually ran out of race to cause a major upset! I'll leave you guessing as to what I was going to do if I caught you, Hat ;).

Really hoping that we can put F1 back on the calendar in some shape in the future!

Well done again on the championship @JonoStan96 , @nigegunz and @Hatfield
    nigegunz and Hatfield like this.