Season 7 discussion

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Mar 14, 2017.

?

Road car or race car for season 7

Poll closed Mar 30, 2017.
  1. Road car

4 vote(s)
    17.4%
  2. Race car

19 vote(s)
    82.6%
  1. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    you can have my spot in div 1 if you like. im rubbish in this car, but shes fun to drive lol
  2. dj2ca

dj2ca Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Neither am I our times will dictate that I think. It's weird because I can be pretty quick but then dismally slow too. Compared to other div 2 guys I can be 2 seconds off the pace.
  3. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

I've found the more aggressive you push it the better it is and to be competitive with everyone last night was a bonus
  4. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

I've found it all depends on the track with this car for me Sunday night I sruggled on the last 2 tracks but was good on the others
  5. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Good run last night lads.....

Am thinking at this stage the following, (not confirmed, just thinking!)

- Some of the tracks the fuel burn is way too fast to get through 45 mins....once track list is selected will look at whether we run fuel burn off for the whole series or just on the tracks it effects.
    - TIRES : some tracks are fine, will get through on 1 stop with soft tires for both stints....BUT some we wont ! Did a few races around willow springs last night and the front left was gooooooone after just 6 laps ! Might open up the tire options at the stop to either soft OR hard. There is quite a difference in lap speed between the two tires.

yet to test at night (assume lights are the same on every car?) and haven't driven in the wet yet (possible wet to dry race like last seasons race)
    dj2ca and Anthonyb like this.
  6. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Yeah I'm finding the same. I'm hoping some decent practice will improve times on those slower tracks.
  7. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Yep, lights are just like any other car if I recall correctly. Will be a handful in the wet but we'll all be dealing with it. Tyre wear is mental.
    Anthonyb likes this.
  8. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    i think with the tire wear will bring some strat in without going overboard.

Drivers could come in early and take hards or make the soft last to half distance and use the same again. Fairly simple for the guys that dont or cant do a lot of prac, i would let them know what the easiet or safest way would be anyway.
  9. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Yeah I agree, it'll make it very interesting with a little bit of strategy thrown in.
  10. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    good run last night guys.....the pace between the soft and hard was really interesting toward the end of the race...

@RHINO11 , the last 4 laps was actually good racing with you......well done, you can do it !

The fuel is going to be an issue....with it on slow burn most tracks will only see us being only able to do 35 min races.....not ideal unless we look to change the format, which then becomes a massive job....not just a big one !

I think we need to run with fuel wear off UNLESS its clear we can make it to the end comfortably...

Strongly believe that having the option to run both tires with wear on real is the easiest way to bring strat without making things too complicated....Last night i ran 2 stints on the soft, others ran 1st on soft and a longer 2nd on the hard and it was pretty close.....Will need to make sure everyone has the right strat set and they all know how it works....
  11. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    v8power383 Turn Left Racing
    So did you take fuel in your pit stop or just tyres?
  12. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    i filled to 40L just to make sure i made it to the end....was more interested in the tyres..

Brother didnt take fuel and finished 1 lap short......
    Anthonyb likes this.
  13. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    v8power383 Turn Left Racing
    So I don't see the problem people just need to make sure they set it in the pit strategy when they do they tyres simples lol
    Zachery and stucar17 like this.
  14. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    yeah i like the idea of adding fuel also. might aswell while we are in there for rubber
    seth123 likes this.
  15. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    We took fuel. Judging by the burn the 40 litres would have only gotten is through about 80% race distance.
  16. jasondull1986

jasondull1986 Professional

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    Could there be an issue of people not setting a change to the default to all tracks and having low fuel for the race?
    dj2ca likes this.
  17. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Only issue with that is having to know when you're going to pit so you can set the right amount in your pit strategy beforehand because you can't do it on the fly.
  18. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Yep but we've managed that in previous seasons ok.
  19. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    its a minor amount of throught before the race. and you could edit your fuel load as you are coming in to pit. just gotta be quick about it. i have had to do it in the past.

its already simplified to point where you can arrive and drive (which isnt a bad thing) but its still motorsport, which requires a bit of thinking.
    seth123 likes this.
  20. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    No that's the thing, it's a no tune lobby and in those you can't edit your pit strategy while you're entering the pits. It will only use the pit strategy that you've set up previously. That's why I said people need to have it done beforehand, because you can't do it on the fly. So you need to know your burn rate to know how many laps the standard 40 litres will get you through, and you need to know how many laps the soft tyres will last you too. Then you need to calculate how much fuel you'll need for the remaining laps. Then, if you're forced to pit earlier for whatever reason the fuel you've previously calculated may not last the race distance. Conversely, if you pit later you'll have extra fuel on board which could also be detrimental.
    SuiCid3 likes this.