Season 11 - Division 3

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, May 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bloody fuel guys, its hard to find a good one these days, just ask Montoya !
  2. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
  3. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Just watched the replay of the ring, I only saw Stumbles, Disturboed, Venda and T_B during the race and wanted to see how others fared, what a great race it was. A couple of observations, Dan has a new car colour, very nice. There were a number of spins on the first lap and Ad2mny had some problem off the line, being hit in the back twice before he got going.
    T_B had a couple of white knuckle runs side by side into the last bends, first with Venda on lap 3 and later with me on lap 9, he said he had one with Disturboed but I missed that one. Venda set the quickest lap on his first lap, standing start and all, boy that's quick and no wonder we couldn't keep up over that first lap. I had forgotten the pass Disturboed had put on me on the first lap, I thought he had got ahead when I spun on the third lap in sympathy with Ven, who spun trying to pass Stumbles and T_B who had a 3 lap first stint and passed Ven, me and Dist when we all pitted at the end of lap 2. Ven must have had a problem with his fuel calcs, he pitted at the end of lap 2, then lap four and had to pit again on lap 5 as he was almost out of fuel. It was while he was refilling he got disconnected. Watching the race again saddened me because I really had this race under control, taking the lead at the end of lap four by passing Ven on the final straight before he pitted for his second time and keeping it until I pitted on lap 8. T_B led lap 9 on his different strategy but I passed him before the end of the lap before he pitted. I then led into lap 10 before it all unravelled. I had thought my two mistakes were on lap 10 but the first one had actually been on lap 9. I had regathered and had a small margin over Disturbo for the remainder of the lap where I passed T_B. My lead going into lap 10 was only a couple of seconds but I had built that up over Disturboed since my off and was holding him off OK. He had been following me on the same strategy from varying distances from less than a second out to about 12 seconds so if I had been able to hold my concentration I'm sure I could have beaten him to the line. It still saddens me the way I threw it away.
    At Daytona I turned a 3rd into a 5th, at Monza a 2nd into a 4th and here a win into a 3rd. It is not a pattern I want to continue and will be trying to concentrate very hard this weekend. It is close for runner up in the championship and I don't want to lose it because of my own mistakes.
    I think Close will be the man to beat this weekend, when we ran there with Gary61 before the season started he was doing hi 26s and all I could manage was 29s, when he says he loves this track he really means it, it seems to love him right back. I've got to get some practice before Sunday but I have some other testing to do for the world tour season next month as well so I will be busy.
  4. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    Well, last night I wanted to do a few laps and saw VENDA running in his room, to my surprise I started watching him race as he did a 1:25.6.... mmmm... very far off from my best of 1:26.1 (which literally destroyed my tires by unsuccessfuly trying to match his time).

Will be jumpin on tonight to try and find more speed....
  5. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Ok like I said before very poor result considering what I thought I might achieve. Was brilliant having so many in the room this time around. I am officially banned from the T.V for the next few days for the many times I have reviewed the replay getting photo's and writing my report. :p

Better bring a cut lunch for this one lol

[​IMG]

GRID:VENDALISM, Stumbles01, emmo46, me, disturboed, S_CLOSE, t_b_williams, X-3vil m00n, Aza2672, daninline6

[​IMG]

As I come off the back straight and into the starting line for my Hot Lap Qualifier, I noticed t_b_williams about 3-4 secs ahead of me but didnt think too much of it, actually thought I might gain an advantage with a slip stream or two but by about half lap being so close was actually a disadvantage having to slow more than normal and eventually running off the track and losing time. 4th place wasn't too bad I thought to myself, still in sight of the leaders and with a good start would be right with them. Unfortunately for first me, then S_CLOSE, then X-3vil m00n and finally daninline6 we all suffered for my laggy start. I only got minor rear suspension damage and because S_CLOSE was right behind me he only got minor front suspension damage but the other two with more of a run up got major front and gearbox. Sorry guys. Crawled from 9th to 7th by the first chicane and slotted in behind S_CLOSE cursing psn for another botched start.

[​IMG]
    VENDALISM pulling away already
    [​IMG]
    S_CLOSE trying a move on t_b_williams

Watched S_CLOSE trying a couple times to get a run on t_b_williams without success and came so close to collecting Stumbles01 as he rejoined after his mandatory first lap off at Flugplatz gaining me 6th position. Watched S_CLOSE run off track coming in too hot trying a move up the hill at Fuchsrohre and slid into 5th position. Closed up on t_b_williams at Metzgesfeld and had a couple of good runs at him, even coming alongside at Klosterfal but backed off not quite in front.

[​IMG]

Caught right back up and was catching glimpses of disturboed and emmo46 ahead when t_b_williams had a moment at Brunnchen but fishtailed into the middle of the road preventing a pass but gave him a little tap on the rear which boosted him ahead again. He was then being very cautious through Pfianzgatten and by this time Stumbles01 had joined our battle and was very anxious to get past.

[​IMG]

While trying another run at t_b_williams, I overcooked it and ran off track at Scwalbenschwanz and by the time my tyres recovered I was by myself in 6th.

2nd lap I had spin at Ford-Kurve which put S_CLOSE right behind me and he hounded me for about a third of the lap till I ran off track near Wehrseifen and he pinched my 6th position till he ran off track at the last double right hander leading onto the final long straight. Had a good gap so he couldn't draft me and we both pitted end of the lap.

Put in 25 litres and rejoined the track in 8th just behind X-3vil m00n on his 3rd lap. Drafted up behind him at Bogen and outbraked him on better tyres into the chicane.

[​IMG]

Ran too hot into Schwedenkreuze which let X-3vil m00n back past again but he ran off the track just a bit further up the road at Fuchsrohre letting me back past into 7th. Caught right up to Aza2672 struggling on worn tyres at the Karussell and got past at Hohe Acht for 6th place.

[​IMG]

Passed t_b_williams and Stumbles01 as they pitted on lap 4 which put me into 4th place with a large gap ahead to 3rd position. t_b_williams caught right up to me when I ran straight on at Fuchsrohre (popular place for off's it seems) and stayed right with me till I ran in too hot at Karussell and he tried a move up the inside at the left kink but backed off and I got away a bit. Got myself a bit crossed up at the Kleiner Karussell and he caught right up and gave me a good solid bump which starightened me up but he was now close enough to draft past me on the final straight. I stayed out for one more lap thinking I could trail t_b_williams on my wearing tyres but soon realised that that was near impossible as he pulled slowly away on fresher tyres. I had to go so much slower on my third lap that I decided then and there that I was going to do 2 lap stints.

[​IMG]

Came out of pits on lap 6 behind Stumbles01 and had an uneventful lap trying to catch up but not really making up any ground

[​IMG]

Passed Stumbles01 as he pitted lap 7 for 4th place and after another not very quick and uneventful lap I pitted lap 8 and got passed by daninline6 and Stumbles01 putting me back to 6th and I rejoined with S_CLOSE just behind me again and Stumbles01 just ahead. daninline6 ran off track at Ex-Muhle letting me and Stumbles01 past then at Angst Kurve I put myself on the grass trying a move on Stumbles01 which let daninline6 past then I totally missed my brake marker and straight-lined into the hard right at Klostertal. When I recovered S_CLOSE was right behind me again but I managed to pull away on better tyres. daninline6 had a terrible last 5-600 meters of the lap, first running hot into the final right hander then hitting the pit entry almost coming to a complete stop. I passed by him into 5th with Stumbles01 still just ahead.

[​IMG]

Got a good run on him into Flugplatz and passed him around the outside for 4th, then he ran of track at Aremburg and that sealed 4th place for me. Did my best lap on this lap of 8.41.168 which was very disappointing but hey thats how it goes. Pitted end of this lap and saw nobody else really close again and finished a fair distance behind emmo46 in 3rd.

disturboed and t_b_williams just before the lag.
    [​IMG]

By request of disturboed, lap 5 coming into the nordeschleife proper.
    [​IMG]
  6. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Great report Ad, you certainly had an eventful race. That shot of me and Disturbo side by side is me passing him around the outside at Kesselchen, I had put a lot of trust in him to try that move and it was a bit fraught but he let me get away with it. He had a slow exit from bergwerk and I got such a good run at him I had to go on with the pass.
  7. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    ^ discretion being the better part of valour, i backed off before that little left kink, knowing how narrow the track is and how the bumps can make you drift across, it wasn't worth the risk that early in the race, and i saw you got a much better run into that section that me.
  8. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I did put a lot of trust in you and you were very generous to let me get away with it, thanx.
  9. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    Thanks emmo, will do it cheers.
  10. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Here it comes see how we go this week.
  11. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    Everything started well (after last Sunday's fiasco at the ring), got pole and as always Venda started a very close second. Stayed in first for the first two or three laps until I had a moment on the first turn after coming out of the frst tunnel, managed to keep the car on track but put Venda right by my side inside the entrance to the third tunnel. We went side by side all the way to the left hander at the end of the back straight where he took the lead.
    From that point on, he started to put a gap very slowly but surely. Followed him to pits on lap 14 and that's the last I saw of him, between putting too much fuel and his pace....well he was gone.
    From them on, I was by myself trying to minimize the gap which only destroyed my tyres to the point I thought Inhad put my race at risk. 4 laps from the end, my right front tyre was almost gone and had to do anything I could to manage the gap which slowly diminished.
    Congrats to Venda on a well deserved win and to Emmo for a strong third.
    Bring on Le Mans, a track I hope to learn this week to close the championship with a strong finishing position and the championship.
    Thank you all div3 guys, you are a great bunch and have really enjoyed racing with you this season.
  12. Bluemoon

Bluemoon Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    X-3vi1m00n
    Code:
       Driver        Time       Best lap
    01 VENDALISM     45:52.944  1:26.139  
    02 S_CLOSE         +25.560  1:25.864  (pole+fastest lap)
    03 emmo46          +27.923  1:26.598 
    04 disturboed      +31.500  1:26.033 
    05 Stumbles01      +38.018  1:26.179  
    06 Ad2mny          +58.482  1:26.468  
    07 t_b_williams  +1:01.079  1:26.883  
    08 X-3vi1m00n    +1:02.770  1:27.092  
    09 daninline6    +1:32.986  1:27.577  

Code:
    Fastest lap
    01 1:25.864  S_CLOSE       
    02 1:26.139  VENDALISM   
    03 1:26.179  Stumbles01      
    04 1:26.033  disturboed
    05 1:26.468  Ad2mny          
    06 1:26.598  emmo46          
    07 1:26.883  t_b_williams    
    08 1:27.092  X-3vi1m00n      
    09 1:27.577  daninline6

13. Bluemoon

PSN ID
    X-3vi1m00n
    Well, had a disappointing race. Having qualified 6th, I was hoping to try for the mid-pack. However, did a Webber at the start, and ended up behind t_b. It was quite amusing staying behind a glitching car.
    [img=http://www.flickr.com/photos/29057492@N08/9173393341/]http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5334/9173393341_1b89b323c3.jpg[/img][img=http://www.flickr.com/photos/29057492@N08/9173392639/]http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5535/9173392639_5908937b13.jpg[/img]
    That is until about lap 10 when he glitched from the right to right in front (after I apparently punted him) and he was in the wall.
    [img=http://www.flickr.com/photos/29057492@N08/9173394411/]http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7333/9173394411_3af6d48232.jpg[/img]
    [img=http://www.flickr.com/photos/29057492@N08/9173393805/]http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3827/9173393805_c0924c4899.jpg[/img]
    I slowed for him to rejoin and pass, but he decided to pit instead. Sorry t_b_williams.

On a positive note, this is the first race where everyone stayed connected.
  14. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    Bluemoon, I did a 1:25.864 on lap 5, not 1:26.864
  15. Bluemoon

PSN ID
    X-3vi1m00n
    So you did. Sorry for the mistake. Updated.
  16. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    Cheers mate!
  17. Bluemoon

PSN ID
    X-3vi1m00n
    And on that note, congrats on winning the championship. Even if you don't get another points next round, the maximum that VEN can get is 115 (drop one round) against your current 117.
  18. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    Thanks mate! :D
  19. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    I told you you'd do it Serge! :)
  20. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Ladder updated as per Blue's results table.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.