Season 11 - Division 2

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Sep 6, 2016.

1. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
  2. BMWF30328

BMWF30328 Rookie

Hi knuckles. My connection is more than fine; average 30 Mbps down, 10Mbps up with 37 ms ping (which is on par with a lot of atm band services), the issue is the lack of a static IP meaning NAT limitations. I am waiting on cable availability at my new place like I used to have at my old place so I can run the better NAT standard.
  3. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Yeah all that mbps, ups, downs and pings and stuff means nothing to me. I have next to no clue what all that is. Dont care about it. Was not having a dig at you. I could see you fine anyways. It just sucks that this sort of stuff happens at all. I bet you when it matters in a race ill be the first to get dropped. Blame sony. Works for me.
  4. grassies

grassies Rookie

PSN ID
    grassies
    The first step in recovery is admitting you have a problem. Lol
    Knuckles likes this.
  5. ssman244

ssman244 Team Driver

PSN ID
    ssman15
    Hey all, sorry I couldn't make the test day/s. My PS3 had some big issues over the last 2 weeks and all my data was reset. However I am back and ready for my first season. I'll go on a PSN adding spree to get those of you I haven't added yet later today probably. Looking forward to some hard clean racing now I'm back on GT again :thumbsup:
    Hatfield likes this.
  6. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    emmo46 if you haven't got me already, I suspect you have though through our Tuesday night events.
    ssman244 likes this.
  7. ssman244

ssman244 Team Driver

PSN ID
    ssman15
    Sure do Emmo :thumbsup:
  8. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    We have been able to secure PAGNIAN as the site major sponsor for a few years, and as such PAGNIAN have agreed to provide a V2 COCKPIT and wheel stand for the upcoming season. This will again be a cross platform prize draw at seasons end between Gt6, Assetto Corsa and PCARS.
    [​IMG]
    THERE ARE A COUPLE OF REGULATIONS HOWEVER.
    1. You MUST COMPLETE at least 4 of the seven rounds of your championship. (connection issues will be looked at closely)
    2. A "rage quit" will see that race excluded from your 4 "raced" events.
    3. Maintain the forum rules while posting. Any members banned for any reason will be excluded from the competition
    4. Maintain the Raceonoz drivers code. Drivers with 3 or more race penalties will be excluded from the competition.
    5. The prize cannot be shipped outside of Australia.

Again thanks to Hess and his team for more great support for our community, support them where you can guys

Stu
    holdenman05 and ssman244 like this.
  9. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    DRIVER BRIEFING ROUND 1
    Mount Panorama
    [​IMG]

Well, here we go again, another season of GT6 !

Welcome to the new guys who have joined or returned this season, i will be doing a driver briefing for each round so everyone's clear on what is required with rules, regs and track issues.....

TRACK LIMITS :
    The only place track limits can really be exploited is across the top at the esses as there is a significant tarmac area on the left of turn 13
    As always, the Raceonoz rules state that drivers 'MUST HAVE 2 WHEELS ON THE RIPPLE STRIP OR WHITE LINE AT ALL TIMES. ANY DRIVER CAUGHT DELIBERATELY CUTTING CORNERS TO GAIN ADVANTAGE WILL BE PENALISED.

ROOM REGS
    PLEASE TRY TO BE ON TIME !
    If you cant make it on time please let the room host / captain / someone know so they can keep everyone in the loop.

DRIVING STANDARDS
    1. CONTACT : We are all here for clean racing, however sometimes things go pear shaped. BOTTOM LINE, if you make contact with another driver and gain an UNFAIR advantage then you will be expected to REDRESS and let the driver back through. If you don't redress illegal contact (pushing someone off track for EG) then you may be penalized post race.
    2. TRACK LIMITS : as said above, 2 wheels on ripplestrips or white line. Any drivers intentionally cutting to make advantage will be penalized.
    3. BLUE FLAGS : If you are being lapped by another competitor it is racing etiquette to move out of the way and let the leaders past. Failure to do so could result in a post race penalty.
    4. PROTESTS : If you feel you have something to protest, PLEASE SAVE YOUR REPLAY AND SEND A PM TO THE ROOM CAPTAIN AND A MOD. DO NOT blow up in the room or on the forum. What you see on your end may be different to the other driver
    http://www.raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/procedure-for-post-race-complaints-or-protests.193/
    5. RAGE QUITTING : If you are found to 'RAGE QUIT" then you will not be allocated any points for that round and you cannot use this round as your "drop round". If you feel you can't continue then park up in the pits or on a part of the track so as not to interfere with the other drivers. This helps with room stability

All ROOZ rules and regs can be found here
    http://www.raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/racing-rules-regulations.70/

This post is mainly a shameless copy/paste from @stucar17 so thanks for that ;):p
    ssman244 and Easyprey007 like this.
  10. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Is everyone automatically entered. Must say thats pretty cool
  11. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    certainly are.....everyone who races and finishes at least 4 races will be in the draw
  12. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Wow. What a prize.
  13. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    as long as you meet the requirements then yes!
  14. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Should be fine with all that except maybe the shipping. Not everyone counts tassie as part australia.
    ssman244 likes this.
  15. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

Good start to the season from a room point of view. It was good to have most people in well before time and be able to confirm room stability.

As host I intend to run the room on time. So unless someone posts that they are going to be late in here before I open the room at 7:45, my intention is to reset to start qually as soon as the clock hits 8:20 and run for 10 minutes from there. My feeling is that anyone who doesn't give notice that they are going to be late, if they don't jump in and on track fast enough to get a lap in before the 10 minutes is up they start at the back.
    Jaycie, Hatfield and Bluemoon like this.
  16. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    PROVISIONAL
    Pole Jaycie
    FL Russell

[​IMG]
    Hatfield likes this.
  17. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Was a very fast paced race. Pretty much low 01s all race.
  18. Russell

Russell Professional

PSN ID
    BigChopperDog
    Well done jaycie awesome win. That was a race for the record books.
    Jaycie and Hatfield like this.
  19. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Well done @Jaycie on the win on debut!

Not the best night for me... from qualifying 6th and getting up to 4th early, it was spin city to finish 11th
    Russell and Jaycie like this.
  20. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I had three spins which is three times as many spins as I had all last season:(, Two of them were self inflicted coming out of turn 1. The other was assisted at the cutting on the first lap, disappointing as I was really trying to stay clean on the first lap and was giving the guy ahead of me plenty of space. I managed to catch back up and stay among a pack of guys who where having spins and dropping behind me. They would all catch up and pass me again pretty quickly, one guy three times over the first part of the race. My first spin about lap 8 or so dropped me back to where I could still see the pack and was pushing to perhaps get back in contact but the final spin put me out of touch completely. It was very lonely from there on. I did manage a PB lap though.
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2016
    Knuckles and Jaycie like this.