Season 11 Car Poll 3

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Cyber_STIG_77, Apr 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zampli

zampli Team Driver

thats the point of a tunable series i guess lol, we've had some pretty good previous ones i.e. rumbleshorts "the rumblestrip" series, i know anons DTM series was really popular, i didnt do it but im fairly sure that was tuned if someone can correct me on that.
    some good single races as well, seidos enduros, etc. unfortunately it doesnt fit the 'ethos' of the sunday league so it will probably never happen in ROOZ, but feel free to do some sort of racing car tuning league, i'd be interested depending on the day.
  2. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    +1, I suck at tuning but love to be challenged
  3. aussie_man21

aussie_man21 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    Yeah Z
    It was a full tune series with weight added to the fastest racer each week.. Wicked Series i wish Anon would pull his finger out of KEN THE DOLL butt and get series 3 up and going :p

MMMMMM can't find the 1st series of DTM thread... :eek:
    but the 2nd series was just as epic if not better.... :cool:

all info
    http://raceonoz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1115
  4. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

Tis weeks seasonal TT is the TVR, get on and drive it if you haven't yet. It is stock so you will get a great idea of how it feels, even though it is on SH :)
  5. Cyber_STIG_77

Cyber_STIG_77 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
    i've been thinking it may be a good idea to run a sister series to the sunday series in the same car, same tracks, same tyres etc but allow tuning and run it on a monday night. i think it would be a good comparison and give all those tuners a fun series without requiring much time to setup the series.
  6. zampli

zampli Team Driver

Here Aussie think I found it http://raceonoz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=969
    @cyber that sounds like a good idea, I personally don't think I would make it due to different reasons, but it sounds good as there have been quite a few news guys interested in a tuning series
  7. Cyber_STIG_77

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
    going to close the poll guys so we can get onto some track testing. So at this stage we are looking at

CAR - TVR speed 6 RM
    TYRE REGS - single compound TBC, different compound for sprint.
    ROUNDS - 7 ( 5 regular, 1 sprint, 1 enduro )

can everyone who would like to test some tracks put up a list of your top 7 tracks and a poll will be created from those listed. i would recommend testing on RH,RM,RS tyres.
  8. zampli

zampli Team Driver

Agreed with you last night cyber, it felt surprisingly dead, especially around autumn ring, doesn't turn in very well.
    Might try it with RM to see how that goes, I don't really wanna go RS though.
  9. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Will do some testing tomorrow on some of my fave tracks, feel free to join in if you see me online ;)
  10. Cyber_STIG_77

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
    It reminds me of the G37, I didn't vote for it because it seems a bit lifeless but that is the way the poll has gone so we just have to deal with it now. It might be worth trying it on SS to try and bring some life into it. Also cars that struggle to turn in will be better suited to tracks with short corners and plenty of undulations to make the car feel lighter IMO, something to think about anyway .
  11. zampli

zampli Team Driver

So that would be like autumn ring cyber?
    I may have been influenced by my lack of pace there lol, just couldn't work of out but yeah, the camber of some corners help to turn it in, that left hander before that full circle is a good example of how it feels like it would drift wide but the camber brings it in.
    I'm gonna go with nordschleife for the enduro, I honestly felt the car felt good there and like you say, the undulations probably helped to make it feel better.
    I would normally vote for Monaco, but not in this car.
  12. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    I wouldn't mind Monaco, its not a passing track though, it would be more about strategy.

I would like Road Course Indy, with these cars the racing will be very tight, also i would like Deep forest Reverse its such a more flowy highspeed track compared to the forward version.

For Enduro i would vote Nurburgring GP/F, always have a good race everytime i race there and with agile cars like this there would be no exception.
  13. zampli

zampli Team Driver

I don't mind the lack of passing at Monaco, we used it for the enduro is S8. I just wouldn't prefer to use the car there.
    I'm sick of Indy road lol, even though we haven't overused it, I just get sick of it very quickly.
  14. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    I did a League race there last week, and with a big grid the racing is intense, 3 wide battles on the main straight and all.
  15. Cyber_STIG_77

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
    I agree zamps, I think nordschleife would be a great track for this car.
    @ mustafur, I find it interesting that you class this car as agile as I found it to be quite planted on the track with poor ability to change direction
  16. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Agile for me, i find it agile but not fully planted on RH tyres, the car is very light so its a given really.

Of course my brake bias set up is different.
  17. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Hey strangers :(

Can you guys see if you can get the new members involved in the testing for this season? not sure if they have been involved in anything, but if they get left hanging too long they will go and find something else to do.

There are a few guys in the new members thread...
    s4cral
    RedeemerX2
    st8smn
    GrayFoxZR1
    DekGT5mad
    acepete
    Fast-Fulch
    mikehoncho
    X4rotorsploxX
    JoRdY105
    hr31gts

not sure how long till i get net back, needless to say i cant chase these guys up and get them involved.

Can someone help out and get them involved, and if they confirm i will get them in a div if i havent already.

Thanks guys
    Stu
  18. zampli

zampli Team Driver

@musta Yes, but I feel the car is relatively dead even when turning without braking, so the bias wouldn't come into play there. I really struggle how you can get this car to feel agile, maybe I'm exaggerating its lack of turn in but saying its agile would be my last way to describe it.

@stu Hey Stu, DekGT5Mad has turned out to some of our ROOZ BDAY Races, same with xrotor and rotor was also at our last S10 race, so they're all good.
  19. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Thanks zamps, I will mark them off as 'active' when I get a chance.
  20. Cyber_STIG_77

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
    I am going to do some track testing tonight and try and sort out a track list for S11, it would be great to get a few people from each div to get some mixed input. lobby will open at about 8:30-9:00 pm aest. :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.