Season 11 - Car ideas/discussion

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Clevohead, Mar 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    Actually I think it was the Road car that was voted on, not the Race Version of the Citroen. Then again, is there any difference? :lol:

I wouldn't mind a FF car, I have suggested it before too (as have others), but it keeps getting voted down.
  2. greendog

greendog Rookie

Yeah the mugen civic is a good ff car and a race car the first gen civic (first shape)
  3. zampli

zampli Team Driver

i would thoroughly enjoy an F1/formulaGT series, but yeah, like you said, probably wouldnt suit the series. maybe a side-series idea, formula fordish sounds cool.
    otherwise, realistically in terms of the car, integra RM sounds cool.
    @beanie what do you mean by tuning would need to be limited? we always run stock if thats what you mean
  4. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    I'm talking about the standard one, not tge 100,000 BHP one you gave me! ;)
    I don't particularly mind what race car to use, just as long as it wont step out as soon as you touch the throttle, and is consistent through corners.
  5. beannie84

beannie84 Rookie

PSN ID
    beannie84
    yeh - thats what i meant, tuning prohibited - is that a standard for sunday leagues? if so cool!!

like above, my vote would be RM Integra or Civic...
  6. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Not sure what has happened to the Poll option when making threads ??? :/ I thought that clevo was blind, would seem not !

Have asked those more technological than me for an answer.....will keep you posted.

In the past i have set it up so we voted on the following

1. Road car / race car

2. FR / MR / FF / RR configuration

3. Length of season : less rounds / same (7) / more

Personally i would like to see a race car this season, keeps things interesting, something different from this season. A FF car hasnt been used before i dont believe, and the RM Integra would be a good choice i think. on the right tire should give some good racing. Can be painted, wheels changed, numbers changed etc.......closest thing to that livery editor !!!
  7. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    I agree the RM integra sounds like a great idea. Handles really well and is almost infinitely customisable visually. Some of the DLC RM cars are really nice too and numbers and colors can be changed, but some people may not have some of those too. I think I heard somewhere someone talking about that sweet sounding rx7 TC, nice car too but we just did a season in the road go-er and you have to pay real money for it too. My vote is for the integra
  8. raywat3185

raywat3185 New Recruit

Rm Integra vote here. It's a good drive and ff would be a change
  9. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

I used to loved the Formula fords in the Toca series back in the day before they went down hill, I think they did a decent job with them. Havent really seen a decent game or even a sim with them.
    Formula fords rely on mechanical grip rather than downforce which I think could be simulated by udjusting dowforce amounts to the lowest. Need to use a low grip tyre as a fromula ford should be able to get reasonably loose, no full throttling through corners ect.

I tested a little bit ages ago, main issue was even at lowest engine pecentage the Formula GT still had to much speed. Still felt it had slightly to much Downforce too even when at the lowest setting., I didnt test comfort hards from memory. That could negate the downforce.

Had the idea for it back in like season 5 odd but there was way to many events on for me to float the idea, thought ppl might think its a stupid idea to. :D

Sorry for rambling im doing some small reasearch atm.

I'll probably be back next season and would probably pick the RM intergra as well. I liked the RM Corvette ZR1 we did in season 6, I'd asume the integra would be simular speed wise..
  10. Barra333

Barra333 Rookie

PSN ID
    barra333
    Would the Caterham fit then Tek? Comfort tyres, light, low hp....
  11. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Beau and I had some great racing doing exactly what you suggested to the Formula GT's Tek. (lowering PP limit to set HP and DF to min with lower grip tyres)

It was good forumula to level the playing field for good racing with little or no practise.
  12. zampli

zampli Team Driver

yeah tek, i tried it around motegi today with lowest downforce/hp with comfort hards, probably still felt like it had too much df but fun nonetheless, i feel it would go great for a league series but feels obvious why it wouldnt work out.
    in terms of the speed of the car, was still pretty fast and its not like limiting it too 200-250 would work cos it would hit the limiter too quickly even with 50% power.
  13. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    What about the Ginetta, Britain loves those things there is like numerous race series based on a spec race with them.

Its not really Powerful but its the lightest car on the game.
  14. beannie84

beannie84 Rookie

PSN ID
    beannie84
    i like the idea of the ginetta, but maybe not a ginetta :) i don't think they're quick enough "standard"..... plus we're looking for a race car for the next seasons (i think??)

looking back through the seasons, it seems Jap and USA have been the most dominant.
    how about french? :) Peugeot, Renault, Citroen?

Maybe Mustafur's idea with the WRC cars? they're race cars.....
  15. aussie_man21

aussie_man21 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    Tarmac Rally you think Beannie?
  16. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    I Wouldn't mind it if we used the Powerful Group B cars.
  17. beannie84

beannie84 Rookie

PSN ID
    beannie84
    sure, what about even a proper rally season? in the dirt and snow?? would be very difficult to keep clean though.
  18. zampli

zampli Team Driver

Yeah I don't think a full on rally season would go well lol, maybe just stick to racecars/road cars.
    Group b sounds cool but we would all have to use the same 1 to keep it completely even and equal, which is the point if the Sunday series
    We haven't got down the standard road yet (I don't think), premiums are just easier to organise to make such everyone can get one.
  19. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Do we have to wait till the polls are up before we get this rolling?
  20. zampli

zampli Team Driver

well, we could test some cars if thats what you mean, but usually i think we wait till seasons almost over at least.

which it is, i guess lol but most people are would still want to practise with this seasons car, if thats what you meant by getting it rolling
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.