IRACING RoOZ iRLeague - Season 1

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by KoAStR, Jan 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beau261

beau261 Beau

PSN ID
    beau261
    No worries captain!
  2. beau261

beau261 Beau

PSN ID
    beau261
    Setup sent, via e-mail, with notes, courtesy of crew chief. Haha
  3. beau261

beau261 Beau

PSN ID
    beau261
  4. OuttaAngst

OuttaAngst Rookie

Nice work Beau, I'll jump on later.
  5. beau261

beau261 Beau

PSN ID
    beau261
    Righto I'll be on
  6. Timmo_821

Timmo_821 TJ

So I've been thinking and since u blokes are clearly faster then me, who's interested in giving me some pointers?

Cheers
    Tim
  7. OuttaAngst

OuttaAngst Rookie

Timmo, on most nights of the week there is normally a couple of us online. So just jump into team speak and we can give you some tips!
  8. beau261

beau261 Beau

PSN ID
    beau261
    I'll give you all the tips under the sun, that's what I like to do. Like dusty said, jump onto teamspeak and run some laps with us.

Side note: I've always enjoyed sharing my wisdom (what little I have). I have tried to help people out on the iRacing forum, but the general vibe I get there is they are mostly a bunch of arse lickers!
  9. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    V. nice Beau, well into the 57's there.. I still haven't cracked 58's. But only have done one session with a handful of laps since Sunday... not sure I'll get on tonight, I'm buggered....

Timmo one of the best things you can do is jump in a practise session for a pit party. Following someone faster around is great to improve your pace, and you can watch their laps live and share setups too. Obviously teamspeak helps as well.
  10. stonemonkey

stonemonkey Rookie

Help from Beau and Dusty got me to a 58.4 tonight, so you'll have zero drama getting down to that neck o' the woods, Tank :)

Timmo ... guaranteed anytime you see a Rooz man on iRacing, they will be on teamspeak too ... and the boys found almost 2 secs for me tonight ... which is plain awesome in anyone's lingo ... so come and join the fun :cool:
  11. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Wow that's tremendous result from the Crew Chief and his offsider! And driver of course. :p I look forward to a similar result :D
  12. beau261

beau261 Beau

PSN ID
    beau261
    After looking at your telemetry Stone, If you fix that late braking problem, you'll be in the 1:57's for sure
  13. stonemonkey

stonemonkey Rookie

Pffuft ... what's the point in having a Crew Chief if you have to do all the bloody work yourself ... can't you fix it? ;)
  14. beau261

beau261 Beau

PSN ID
    beau261
    lol, yeah Dusty
  15. OuttaAngst

OuttaAngst Rookie

Lol Beau , don't know what you're talking about.
  16. Timmo_821

Timmo_821 TJ

Thanks guys, ill have to take up the offers next week some time.

cheers
    Tim
  17. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    I got a 1:58.3 on my lonesome at Sebring last night (as I was sobering up).... hopefully with these invaluable tips from Beau and Dusty that have helped Chris, I'll be in the 57's....

I realised that you've got to trail brake the Mazda quite a bit, almost right up to the apex but only very lightly after initial turn in. This helps keep grip on the front tyres without getting the car unstable. I also knocked the BB back one click to 55%.

I'm going camping Saturday night and hope to be back in times for Sunday's race, but just a heads up, I might be late. Happy Easter troops!
  18. stonemonkey

stonemonkey Rookie

Nice time, Dave ... we've almost got some close formation flying goin' on :lol:

Hoping for some track time today ... will keep an eye out for any Roozers :D

Happy Easter, to you too, mate :cool:
  19. stonemonkey

stonemonkey Rookie

Just a courtesy FYI for tonight, fellas ... I'm gonna need to duck out of proceedings somewhere around 10.30 AEST ... I've got a big night of EPL viewing planned; back-to-back games :D

Looking forward to laps though. I plan to do 10 or so before hand as I've never been to the track ... it might at least be nice to know if it's a clockwise or anti-clockwise track ;)
  20. beau261

beau261 Beau

PSN ID
    beau261
    Do some laps ya bum!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.