Fanatec PSA Re: Fanatec Load Cells

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Systems & Troubleshooting' started by B-Spec Bob, Feb 15, 2016.

1. B-Spec Bob

B-Spec Bob Team Driver

PSN ID
    B-spec-_-Bob
    My ClubSport (v1) brake pedal has had momentary losses of signal/input this past week so I figure it's probably failing (lasted about 2 years).
    Since I needed a replacement before the next league race, I purchased one from Fanatec for $51 including shipping.
    However it should be possible to purchase generic load cells off eBay for around $2 each :eek:
    Simply search for '(50kg, 50 kg) (load cell, loadcell, load cells, loadcells)' and buy as many as you need from sellers in Hong Kong or China.
    The difference with these compared to the 'official' Fanatec versions are that they don't include the plug (bare wires), so you'll either need to cut and splice them off an old load cell or simply buy some more off eBay by searching for '(3-pin, 3pin) JST ZH'.
    DIY instructions with pictures from GTPlanet

Happy Braking!
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2016
    Ryzza5 likes this.
  2. B-Spec Bob

B-Spec Bob Team Driver

PSN ID
    B-spec-_-Bob
    @Anon666
    I read that you've been through at least 3 load cells before, what symptoms/signs of failure would you look for to determine if you required a load cell replacement?