PS4 PCARS Season 2 Expressions of interest

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by Ad2mny, Oct 12, 2015.

1. thebigRAGOO_14

thebigRAGOO_14 Team Driver

PSN ID
    thebigRAGOO_14
    I think someone mentioned he's signed up for a few things but not turned up anyways. No worries though all the best in probably a more demanding tuning wise sim. Good luck
    TheJuzzy, Killercarlcox69 and vh_mik like this.
  2. jc1186

jc1186 Rookie

PSN ID
    JC-1186
    Errr thebigRagoo why so hostile? Pisstake huh?!

No I haven't signed up anywhere else I don't know what you're talking about. It's pretty simple.

With tuning off I was happy to stay with Project Cars and I would eventually venture into PC sims.

Given it was decided Project Cars would be tuning (which I TOTALLY understand), I thought if I'm going to invest the time to learn to tune properly, I may as well get into the more hardcore sims.

So what exactly is your problem?

Geeez even saying Stu's decision to take the time to make the most informed decision was to "accommodate me".

Get over yourself mate!
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2016
  3. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Ok guys, you can all take it down a notch.

JC has every right to withdraw and enter other series' as he sees fit, just like you all do. Stu's decision to review the whole tuning non-tuning debate was up to Stu and not just for jc as Stu explained to me Saturday night.

I am beginning to dread what I see when I log on here lately with several key members here attacking anything and anyone over the most trivial topics. Talk about trolling.

How about you boys remove your tiaras, and stop being so bloody precious???

Last warning before this thread is pulled down.
  4. MetalGear9493

MetalGear9493 Team Driver

PSN ID
    MetalGear9493
    On a lighter note, Wheel should arrive this week, hopefully, so I'm all good to go for round 1, cheers (T300RS with T3PA pedals).
    Ad2mny, garyw61, beakeroo and 5 others like this.
  5. autech91

autech91 Professional

Disappointed to see you pull out JC, you were one of the chaps I had picked out as good contender after that race we had at Hokenheim, I liked your slow in fast out style. You are of course free to pull out if you wish though so good luck with your PC venture.

Remember guys that this is supposed to be fun, I recall others saying they would pull out if it was set to No tuning, so be careful if you sling poos. At the end of the day as long as there are cars on the grid with clean drivers, there will be some good racing! BRING IT ON. I don't care if I come first or last, so long as I have a battle with someone along the way, gotta be on track to do that!
  6. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Didn't go the pro version Dan?
  7. MetalGear9493

PSN ID
    MetalGear9493
    I went pro, I assumed was a given lol.
    garyw61 likes this.
  8. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

Yer there is 2 versions 1 you can flip upside down 1 you can't
  9. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Steam ID: beakeroo iRacing: Frederick Barr
  10. jc1186

jc1186 Rookie

PSN ID
    JC-1186
    Thanks for the kind words fellas. And At91, I did enjoy racing with you too. It's awesome when the racing is that close with slightly different styles. ;)

As for the BigRagoo, perhaps he thought I didn't really purchase a pc and thus the "pisstake" comment. Which would be understandable.

But nope, I am that impulsive. So on Sunday I made some spontaneous changes to my setup. And less than 1 day later I informed Stu.

See here: http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/show-us-your-simulator-cockpit-setup.13/page-36

About two thirds down the page.

You have to remember that for two months I was looking forward to this series hugely! So too was my brother. Everyone is wired differently and we both 100% knew that we got the most enjoyment out of battling others on track with the exact same car.

So I wish I wasn't withdrawing. The Merc 190E is a beaut! It will be fantastic but it just isn't quite for me, now that I have (impulsively) purchased a PC. Particularly so considering the PC has a 980ti video card which alone costs 1.1K. ;)

*Note Oculus Rift DK2 is going to be sick. Part of the reason I went so high end with the vid card. Consumer version releases next month! :sneaky:

Oh and everytime I click into the Div 1 thread it still has "TUNING REGS : PROHIBITED (99% certain)".

That was the Series I was looking forward to for two months and it adds salt into the wounds every time I read it haha :(:laugh:
    beakeroo likes this.
  11. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Steam ID: beakeroo iRacing: Frederick Barr
    The only problem I see with your post is that AC is also tuning. Otherwise that's a sweet rig you've got and good luck in AC. Now I've spent so much on the gear I've got and made a room for it recently I've also been considering going the extra step and getting into the PC sims as well. I need a new PC anyway so it might be a business expense some time later this year lol.
  12. jasondull1986

jasondull1986 Professional

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    I'd switch to if i had that setup.
    jc1186 likes this.
  13. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Alright all,
    Tire wear will be on X2

After testing on sunday night with CAGME, cob and a few others, its pretty clear that running on X2 will make the races either NO STOP or 1 stop. After the 13 lap races we did (more than once) the wear for the controller guys was only minimally worse that the guys on wheels..(CAGME was on 68% and cob was on 72%) we also found that the wear gets incrementally slower the more the tire wears.

It was also realized that running on real takes the need AWAY to pit as everyone could easily get to the end without pitting....making the need to tune irrelevant ! So, you get tuning, and you get 2X wear which means we get the best of both worlds.

FUEL will remain on real as the only options are "real, fast or off".

Any people not happy with the decision will have their car tampered with, nails in their tires and their pit crew will be poisoned so service will be slow at round 1 on the 14th.

Stu
    Ad2mny and garyw61 like this.
  14. MetalGear9493

PSN ID
    MetalGear9493
    Whats the decision? Some parts to your post I didnt understand, especially the point where you said AWAY.
  15. thebigRAGOO_14

PSN ID
    thebigRAGOO_14
    I think the jist of it was the race lengths we run weren't requiring pits stops because we weren't going through the tires. But I don't see how not putting makes tuning irrelevant. Nevertheless I think it will be interesting. Pitting has always been hit and miss for some so hopefully we don't see to many race breaking dramas. Should be fun to see different strats.
  16. CobMcCool

CobMcCool Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    Read my posts in the div 3 thread ragoo
  17. MetalGear9493

PSN ID
    MetalGear9493
    Another question, how much gameplay time does it take to be able to buy the car, and or level ups.
  18. thebigRAGOO_14

PSN ID
    thebigRAGOO_14
    I know what they're trying to do. Was just trying to clarify for the bloke above.
    MetalGear9493 likes this.
  19. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Not needed mate all unlocked from get go :)
  20. thebigRAGOO_14

PSN ID
    thebigRAGOO_14
    Ultimate Piss Take
    Sam D Blacklock and seth123 like this.