PCARS Season 2 - Div 3

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jan 10, 2016.

1. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny

Another so-so race for me. I really should practice more.

Filled the car to get me to the end and set up a pit strategy for tyres only if I needed it. I've got the starts down, but the traffic in front comes up too fast to make anything of it. I think I only made 1 proper overtake early on with @VARDZ and all the rest of the places gained and lost was through off track incidents. Ran it off track a couple of times, mostly on the turns over the crests, and a spin near the end nearly lost me 8th.

Finally found some rhythm around 2/3 distance but then my tyres started going off and by the end I was just nursing it home only being able to brake to half a pedal before it started understeering. I passed a couple guys as they pitted and decided I would just have to drive it home to keep a half decent result.

I just tried to be consistent, as much as is possible at a track I haven't used since qualifying, and it payed off I suppose, with I think my best result this season.
    beakeroo and seth123 like this.
  2. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Steam ID: beakeroo iRacing: Frederick Barr
    Half Life 3 confirmed
  3. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Very nice video to watch Jamie, that bloke in the #3 was a maniac ahah
    JonoStan96 and Ad2mny like this.
  4. Kart-No-1

Kart-No-1 Professional

PSN ID
    Kart-No-1
    Must be my turn next week
    beakeroo likes this.
  5. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Fingers crossed :p
    I'm not here next week, hoping someone else does get a P1 so I don't have to worry about a result at Hockenheim as it turns out we land Saturday morning back in AU, it'll be Saturday night before I'm home and with jetlag I'm hoping I won't even need to race to secure top spot in the championship.
  6. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
  7. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    @beakeroo 's championship prospects.

With drop round, Gary is actually closest on 61 with seowster next on 59

If gary wins both races with pole and FL (27 pts each round) he would end up on 115 (including drop round calculation)
    With beaker on 105, he would need to come 5th for 11 points to win (if he comes 6th for 10 points gary would win on countback 3 wins to 2)
    beakeroo likes this.
  8. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  9. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    It'd be a good championship for me to win from here...

BAAAAAA HAAAAA HAAAAA HAAAAAo_O
    SuiCid3, beakeroo and seth123 like this.
  10. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    This is my entire race bar the lap or two after, Seo on my replay is actually beaka... very annoying how stupid things in this game can ruin your race :mad:
    the replays gone nuts and it looks like my steering inputs crazy when its not

JonoStan96 and beakeroo like this.
  11. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Yeah the replays have never been like this before for me. I'm wondering if a certain somebody who went off the deep end here a day or two ago watched his replay and had me mixed up with someone else.
  12. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Possible! before the cars let off I noticed seo was overlapping your car and you were parked in my replay o_O and a few others went funny
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  13. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Nicely done @seth123, some great driving there, except what were you thinking at the 8:10 mark?!
    seth123 likes this.
  14. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    that was a penalty :mad: didnt notice i had one either then when i looked up AHHHH F***
  15. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    @8.10
    Aww crap... I thought it was me that knocked you off line, so I slowed down on the main straight to let you pass again..
    Could have just kept going :(

Edit: Were you seeing those 2 cars parked on the grid all race? Or is that the usual replay bug?
    I remember coming around for the second lap and seeing someone smash into another car that was sitting on the grid, one of the cars ended up 20 feet in the air and then reappearing on the grid and someone else smashing it into high heaven into the guardrails on the right, just off the main straight, and it sat there the rest of the race.

Edit 2: Looks like it's just the replay bug seeing as you were driving through them straight after the above incident.
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2016
    seth123 likes this.
  16. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    There was a red car parked on the grid for me and it was solid let me assure you lol. I found out twice!
    seth123 and SuiCid3 like this.
  17. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Yep just a bug mate :)
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  18. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    First time round someone punted it in to the air and it came down on top of me. I think I punted it down to the end of the track there.

I think I will try something different this week, only opening the room 5 mins before qualy. It supposedly helps with replay issues.
    SuiCid3 likes this.
  19. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    May have been me mate, someone clipped it into me on first lap and I caught a bit of it. Second lap similar again but it hit me much harder and I ended up catching a 10s penalty as well after it sent me veering over the ripples :\
    After experiencing that race I have well and truly pinned my hopes on Assetto Corsa. Fingers crossed they get their shiz together.
    Doesn't matter to me what you do with the room this week as I'm away but if I were you I'd consider setting a half hour practice. That way people with FFB issues with their wheels can get time to get it all working. Once everyone confirms their wheels working you can skip to end of session. Tbh Gary I've had issues with this all season except the one race where Tuddy hosted. I'm wondering if there's an issue with our connections not working in the way SMS intended.
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2016
    SuiCid3 likes this.
  20. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    seems that round was on total drugs for everyone :eek:
    Hopefully the next round goes like clockwork otherwise project cars disc is going for another over in my backyard and the disc won't be surviving this time :cool: