noob

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Clevohead, May 30, 2012.

1. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    G'day all

new here, finally got decent setup my PS3/internet and ready to race some real people as oppossed to AI.

New to online racing so I apologise in advance if ask stupid questions or do something wrong.

Cheers Clevohead.
  2. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Welcome mate. Always something happening in gt5 so have a look round the forum and if you have any questions throw em at us. Season 7 has 1 round to go so if you want to have a crack in season 8 you're more than welcome.

Stu
  3. Clevohead

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Cheers Stu

Thanks for the quick welcome.

Do I still use the Lancer @ Suzuka for qualify for season 8?

Or will there be a different car and track for season 8 qualify?
  4. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Na mate, lancer round Suzuka it is. Do a few laps and get your time in so we can get you In the right division. Great bunch of guys to race against.

Have aloof through the GT5 league threads to see what it's all about. I have a season 8 car thread up already so feel free to add your opinions.

Might want to add myself or Aussie man on your friend list so we can get a lot of the guys on your friends list. One of us has a room open most nights, usually Aussie !! He is a machine !!

Cheers stu.
  5. Clevohead

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Thanks man, just checkin the threads as we speak, and was just lookin at ya car thread ya mentioned, like some of the ideas, as corny as it sounds one of my favourite cars for a guilty pleasure is the 89 civic race car just fun and well balanced all round, and ya can really hold it round the track ya know.

I will get me wheel set up (as we just moved house) and get some time in on it through the week and get my qualify lap done over the weekend. Missus permitted ;)

Quick Q do I attach a replay to the submission or just the lap time? Just askin cause there was instructions for uploading ya replays in the join up section.
  6. Clevohead

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Oh yeah and will ad you guys on PSN ( I presume thay are your usernames on there as well) over the next day or two I'm hittin the fartsack now :)
  7. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    No worries, time only generally does it. If its way faster than normal the guys might ask for the replay.

Should be on tomorrow night , generally from about 9:30. Will look out for you

Will also add, if you have any mates from your friend list that you want to get involved they are more than welcome too.

Cheers stu
  8. aussie_man21

aussie_man21 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    Hey Clevo.
    Welcome 2 our crazy world. hope to see ya on the track soon..

my PSN ID is : aussie_man21

feel free to send me an add friend msg..
  9. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    Hey Clevo, welcome aboard man, in regards to your qualy lap, don't put hours and hours into it or you may find yourself in a division that's too competitive to be fun, unless your another alien like Jezza, then it doesn't matter anyway, haha!

I look forward to running some laps with you sometime, I'm sure I'll come across you in one of Aussie's room's before too long!
  10. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Welcome to the world of online racing Clevo, couldn't have landed in a better community to get you up too speed on everything you need to know. Join in the practice rooms, they lots of fun and the races (main league and other organised events) are the best racing you will have on GT5.
  11. Clevohead

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Thanks for the support/welcome guys, I look forward to hitting the track and having some fun.

You guys seem pretty well organised and look like you have covered all your rules and regs, and enforcement pretty well from what I have read so far. And I like the idea of a structured roster (gives me a good excuse to be online for the missus ;) )

I will see how I go, but I should be online at least tomorrow night (9.30 onwards roughly)
  12. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Haha in the same boat there Clevo... welcome aboard. :)

No need to attach the replay, just the lap time. There's no benefit to falsifying your quali time as you'll only end up shooting yourself in the foot, so we don't bother verifying them.
    Do a good few laps, but not so many that your submission time is way above what you could repeat. That will best place you for good fun in a division that matches your race pace. ;)
  13. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

Welcome Clevo :D
  14. Clevohead

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Thanks M8, met with aussie earlier online and had a bit of a run, just done and submitted me qualifier for the league.
  15. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

Don't forget to check out the GT5 sub forum, there are series' organised in there that are outside of the season races to mix things up a bit :)
  16. Clevohead

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    feel a bit foolish! took Snake's advice and didn't stress too much and just jumped on and run some laps and picked the quickest and sent it off, spent some time on the wheel again today and am settling back in to a rythym and got some better times, (wheel has been a way for 6 months)

Then got on here earlier and found Rumbleshorts first thread about the times and feel I may be a second or two off the pace stated in thethread with the time I submitted. I only want to make div 3 to begin with to settle back in but don't want to shoot meself in the foot and miss out completely.

Can I re-submit? Or just suffer in my jocks?
  17. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    dont stress mate, you will get a run no matter your time.....

Div 3 it will be if you are a bit slower than rumbles' entry time, he is coming up to speed though, so after a few rounds and some prac with the other guys in the league you will be fine

Cheers
    Stu
  18. Clevohead

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Sweet, thanks mate that calms me nerves a bit.
  19. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

Yea im pretty sure you can join in rumble shorts series if you want till next season starts. Next race is tomorrow monday around 8pmEST. link > http://raceonoz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1178 Other events on the side from the main league are posted in that sub forum.