newbie from Perth

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Todd, Jul 14, 2016.

1. Todd

Todd New Recruit

PSN ID
    T9ddyTT
    G'day all.....hoping to get some good games in with fair racers and not tools that just smash you off of the track. I've been a big GT player for 20 years and a full sim racer for 5 years. Since the PS4 I haven't played any racing because the damn drivers for the G27.....but now I have a G29 its all actions go again and I've got PC and loving it. Ive been playing PC for a month now and would love to get into some good races and meet new people. Ive joined the PC forum and they're mentioned this is the place to be....so, here I am. Im a full on zero aids racer....i'm not amazing, but I'm OK, need more races with proper racers.....cant wait for the VR headset one the PS$, its going to be insane. Anyway, how do I get into some races, PC communities and proper events. Ive been pretty much out of the loop for a few years....have 3 boys under 9 and a full time jobs take priority, but when the wife gives me the green light, its all actions go!!!! now I have a new G29 she's lost me again lol.....antway sorry for the long introduction. Looking forward to hearing from you all.

[​IMG]
    KoAStR, incey and SPL Racing like this.
  2. Todd

Todd New Recruit

PSN ID
    T9ddyTT
    As you can see i Drink and drive lol o_O
  3. SPL Racing

SPL Racing Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    Welcome Todd, you're in the right place, our PCars league runs Sunday nights and a new season starts soon. One of the mods will be along soon to let you know how to qualify for it but spaces are limited so get in quick. You will find great super clean racing here no matter what div you fall into. See you on track mate
    Todd likes this.
  4. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Todd likes this.
  5. dj2ca

dj2ca Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Todd likes this.
  6. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    You have always been faster than me SPL!
    Todd and SPL Racing like this.
  7. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Oh btw, add your PSN ID to your profile so the guys can add you.

Mine is dj2ca
    Todd likes this.
  8. Todd

Todd New Recruit

PSN ID
    T9ddyTT
    Cheers guys.....I've updated some details, cleaned up my profile and added my PSN name.
    garyw61 and dj2ca like this.
  9. Todd

Todd New Recruit

PSN ID
    T9ddyTT
    I'm pretty new to PCars and the good old fashion forums, as everything done on FB now.....do I need to download any new DLCs etc.......This is a new PSN name for me and Ive given up my UK PSN T9DDY....seems right to move on now I'm officially going to be a full blown Aussie in August!! yeah!.....4 years have flown by! ....considering all of my boys now have Australian accents, I'm the only English sounding person in the house now lol....they're super cool surfer dudes now, love it!
    SPL Racing and garyw61 like this.
  10. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    The leagues generally don't use any DLC cars or tracks so it isn't strictly necessary to have them. Some of the community events use them though. I ended up buying the bulk pack that includes every DLC, it was about $45 I think, it has some great cars and circuits included. I think it's worth it if you enjoy the game, some guys think DLC's are a rip off, I guess it comes down to personal opinion in the end mate. Good to see you're enjoying it here in Australia!
    Todd likes this.
  11. Todd

Todd New Recruit

PSN ID
    T9ddyTT
    Thanks, I'll leave it a while if I'm going to buy a pack. Ive been trying to join the community section but had no joy. If I don't need them right now I'll hold off and save myself $50
  12. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Hi Todd welcome nice to see another member bolstering the ranks of the Perth contingent. Feel free to join in on Assetto Corsa events too. We run a Monday night league and 'official' practice Thurs sees a good turn out too. Jump into our Teamspeak channel anytime.
    Todd likes this.
  13. Todd

Todd New Recruit

PSN ID
    T9ddyTT
    Cheers mate, waiting for AC to come to PS4 in August and I'll be there....I presume you're PC? just PS4 here mate. Would love a PC set up, specially as the graphics are better and I could have a 3 screen set up....but hay ho!
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2016
  14. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Hey todd, Welcome to RACEONOZ mate.

Hopefully we can find you a slot to get your racing fix against a group of guys that are after clean racing as well..

Our main league is on Sunday nights, starting at 8pm sydney time.....(i think 6 your time). we run a 7 week season, 6 of the races are 45-50 mins and we have 1 enduro.

The car for this season is the Ginetta GT4, and there will be no tuning allowed this season. A great little car and should provide us some great racing.

I have a couple of spots left in divisions 2,3, and 4 if you are keen to have a run. The track list will be released on sunday afternoon. At this stage we have over 60 drivers signed up.

I get on most nights, from about 9 sydney time once i say high to the handbrake, and get the rugrats in bed, more than welcome to join any of my rooms if you see me on. My PSN is stuart170773

In the meantime, if you want to do a qual lap (gives us a rough idea of pace) you can follow the this link.....
    http://www.raceonoz.com/forums/inde...-qualify-for-project-cars-sunday-league.1813/

i will add you also and throw you an invite when i see you online. We run with mics if you have one, is best to get info to you about the season, what we do and why.

Need any help with anything please just ask !

Cheers stu
    garyw61 and Todd like this.
  15. Todd

Todd New Recruit

PSN ID
    T9ddyTT
    Cheers Stu, I'll add you on my PSN, get out in there GT4 for some practice and get some qual laps in. I do run with a Mic...Good old Turtle Beach 21s...had to adapt them to run through optical on the PS4 but they work well and drown the boys out if I'm playing in the day when they're off school...hahaha.
  16. Todd

Todd New Recruit

PSN ID
    T9ddyTT

Hi Mate, well I've done some qualy for the Sonoma Sunday Race and I'm get 1:29.0s, I'm having problem with just one setting and thats the Longitudinal Weight Bias down to 48.5% the lowest I can go is 51%

I've also uploaded my lap up to my youtube account, just waiting for it to appear.

[​IMG]
  17. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    I think I remember not being able to change it that far as well, I didn't worry about it though, I just kept plugging away until I didn't think I could do any better.

There isn't a race at Sonoma, they just use that track/car combo as a way to gauge everyone's pace in order to place them in the correct division for the league.
  18. Todd

Todd New Recruit

PSN ID
    T9ddyTT
    OK Cool......how much should I plug away at it? is 1:29 ok for a good division, or should I get my time down to 1:28, I'm sure if i smash another 20-30 laps I could get a second off of my time.
  19. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    It's really up to you. I think I got a 1:28.783 in the end. Whether you're in Div 1 or Div 3 probably doesn't matter all that much because you'll be racing against other drivers doing (mostly) similar times so you'll get good racing either way. I'm in Div 3 and I've had some awesome racing. It's also pretty difficult to gauge someone from one car/track combo too as our times can vary from car to car and track to track depending on our driving style. I'd suggest getting online with us tonight and/or tomorrow night and doing a few races, that'll give Stu a pretty good idea of your pace across different circuits.
    Todd likes this.
  20. Todd

Todd New Recruit

PSN ID
    T9ddyTT
    Cheers mate. I'll see how much wheel time I can bargain with the wife later, as its my last night off before work tomorrow. I do 4 on 4 off....2 days/2night. Do you have a FB messenger page/group or are all races arranged here.