Hi hum hello there!

Discussion in 'New Members' started by mitchellsemiao, Nov 1, 2012.

1. mitchellsemiao

mitchellsemiao New Recruit

Hello all, I'm Mitch!
    I got linked to this forum by a good mate of mine (rumbleshorts), I'm sure I'll have a million and one questions for everyone and I mostly play
    Gran Turismo or f12012.
    Cheers!
  2. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

Wicomen mate!

This here is the guy who helped me get through the 9hr Tsukuba in one session. Prior to the race save feature.. Much beer drank that day!
  3. mitchellsemiao

We should do the much beer thing again, race save is a bloody godsend.
  4. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    ahah sounds awesome. Welcome aboard Mitch... ;)
  5. mitchellsemiao

Seeing as I can't find the Fanatec wheel/pedal combo I wanted, I'm thinking of going with the Thrustmaster and a next level v2 cockpit.
    anyone had any experience??
  6. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

Cant comment on personal use with the wheel but cockpit is pretty much like my v1 but comes with stability poles (like mine has now) and a slightly different seat :)
  7. mitchellsemiao

I want one with a full Bride seat :p
  8. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Welcome mate.

Hopefully we can get you involved in some of our series.

See you on track at some stage.

Cheers
    Stu
  9. mitchellsemiao

Look forward to it Stu
  10. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

Hi Mitch, welcome to ROOZ!
  11. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Welcome Mitch sure will enjoy all the races with the guys here. Haven't tested the t500 but from all reports its a great wheel, up there with the early Fanatec (working ones) and not many issues reported about them. They still use a similar peddle set to the G27 but heard they are pretty good.
    Contact Hess from Pagnian imports, our sponsor and tell him you are a raceonoz member and he will look after you with answering any questions you may have. We don't have any members using this wheel yet (I think) so if you mention that and say you will do a review for our web site and he may even give you a little discount.
  12. aussie_man21

aussie_man21 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    yeah Bonus, MrTopCat just brought the ThrustMaster T500RS.

From what i can remember he said compaired to the Logitech G27.
    The feeling is much smoother.
    The Force Feed Back is better and more direct.
    I think TC said the feedback is alot stronger. (should be with 2 X 1000 watt motors trying rip the wheel around outta ya hands)
    The 1 thing TC found a bit strange after having his G27, is the T500RS has flappy paddles that are fixed. (don't move when turning the wheel)
    But TC brought the 8 speed shifter so i don't think it bothers him too much.

Also i know blueyounder has a T500RS too. not to sure if he has had any other wheels or tried out other 1's..
    I think i remember that Cyber_Stig has said he has had go at one too.

i have a G27 Mitch bolted into a custom simulator i build and 100% custom pedal box.
    you can view my handy work here >>> http://raceonoz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=25799#p25799

In the 14months i have never had any problems with my G27, besides the usuall things like sticky pedals, which is easy fixed by a good clean.
    i have got a Logitech GT as a back up have only used it once or twice and found it to be top unit. its strong and has a good feel.
    The down side to the GT wheel is that the shifter is on the wrong side and the flappy paddles are like big L2 and R2 buttons. (feels weird!!!)
    The soft pedals of the GT are weird to me because and there is only two of them. :lol:
    But i have used the G27 for so long and have full customised my pedals to suit me with G27 so anything is going to be weird.

i'm sure the other boys wouldn't mind drop a line or two, telling you what there thoughts are.

aus.
  13. mitchellsemiao

Thanks Aus, you're proving to be very helpful my friend!
    I emailled Pagnian for the second time so hopefully I hear back and can go grab all this gear on the weekend.
    I was still entertaining the idea of the Fanatec but all I hear is that they break lots.
  14. MrTopCat

MrTopCat New Recruit

Hey Mitch, welcome mate. I've had the G25/27 now for about 7 yrs. Just recently bought the T500RS (from our sponsor) and found it incredible. When I gave Aussie (cheers Buddy) my make on the wheel I was very green with it.
    I Know now the differences and they are quite vast. The great thing about the G25/27 is it has a greater tolerance within it's steering, allowing precisness easier. The T500 is what I would call the next step up. You have to be much more accurate in your steering, and the pedals aid this by being so much easier to feel.
    If you're buying your first wheel, my advice would be the Logitech. Use it for a couple of years and then storm onto your next wheel. Everything might become readily available by then...god I hope so.
  15. mitchellsemiao

Yeah, I've used a fair few and figure I'd rather just buy this Thrustmaster so it's all set for me!
    Still waiting for this import mob to email me back, must be busy as can be.
  16. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Also have a look through the Race Equipment forum section. There's product reviews, troubleshooting info in there in addition to the cockpit set ups Aussie has already linked to ;)
  17. mitchellsemiao

I just did Koastr, this is proving to be quite the forum for me