hello people

Discussion in 'New Members' started by sparklehead83, Apr 30, 2013.

1. sparklehead83

sparklehead83 Team Driver

PSN ID
    sparklehead83
    hey, looks like this could be a bit of fun, what game do you guys usually play? i'm usually on gran turismo 5 with a tr500, but find it hard to find races with people that dont constantly ram you off the road or take shortcuts.....
  2. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Hi Sparklehead,

and welcome good to see we finally got you sorted with your introduction.

An Admin will be along shortly to grant you full access.

Primarily we run GT5, and iRacing, we have some members (me included) looking forward to Grid 2 next month also.

We pride ourselves on clean racing and good sportmanship, so in relation your above comments you should find Rooz racing a refreshing change.

Also you are just in time for Season 11.

Feel free to add me on PSN: Clevohead

And I hope to see you on the track sometime soon.
  3. sparklehead83

PSN ID
    sparklehead83
    cheers mate, i'll add you on psn soon. when do you hold races in the season? what cars/pp limits you guys usually use?
  4. Clevohead

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    The races for the Sunday Night League, are on... well... Sunday Nights :p , we generally start racing @ 8.20pm, race lasts approx 45 min. In the Sunday league every driver uses the same car, tyres, also tuning and driving aides are prohibited.

We have several side series happening most of the time also, with various rules and regs regarding cars, tuning etc...

As soon as you have full access we will point you in the right direction to get your qualification time in so we can slot you into a division :)
  5. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Hi Sparkle, you've come to the right place!

You'll be able to stick with GT5 and leave those rammers and short cutters behind.
  6. sparklehead83

PSN ID
    sparklehead83
    cheers, i'm gonna try out a qualification time today then. see you on the track
  7. Clevohead

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Just a tip: Don't run like a thousand laps stressing over your time, if you run say a dozen, and the last 4 laps are fairly consistent just take that time and post it.

If you stress on it and work your ass off to get a freak lap you may find yourself in a higher division, and end up being left for dead, as opposed to being in a division with similar skilled drivers having a good time.
  8. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Thanks Sparkles.

Am sure you will enjoy it. We try top run a pretty tight ship with the emphasis on clean racing.

I hope to be back online in the next few months, so clevo is probably the best point of contact at the moment, but i will get you in a season 11 division when you get your qual time in.

Looking to have 4 divisions for season 11, with the car and tracks yet to be determined.

See all the season 11 stuff here, and get up to speed on how we run things.

http://raceonoz.com/forum/viewforum.php?id=30

Any questions just fire them at us

Also, if you have any mates that want to join, bring them along.

Cheers
    Stu
  9. sparklehead83

PSN ID
    sparklehead83
    no worries just did the qual times @2.26.493 best of about 10 laps. hard to know if it's a good time or not.... i emailed it to wpgt5l@gmail.com thats right yeah?
  10. Clevohead

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Yeah mate, that is fine we will be in touch shortly.
  11. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Thanks,

will put you at the top of div 4, or might even have to shuffle you up depending on how the numbers in the other divisions fall

Keep an eye on the forum, and things will start to fall into place in the next few weeks

Cheers
    Stu
  12. sparklehead83

PSN ID
    sparklehead83
    nice, cheers for that.
  13. sparklehead83

PSN ID
    sparklehead83
    hey clevohead, i've tried to add you on psn and i'm getting no love... is there any other people i should be adding so i can get a drive with you guys??
  14. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Cyber and I are going to be on a bit lately for the S11 testing. Otherwise have a look through here (http://raceonoz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=3993) and chase up some of the Div 4 guys. Once your in a room, you can just FR the lot.

Clevo's old girlfriend was called Sparkling Head Bob, and she was quite young. Might be why he's ignoring your FR, mistaken identities!!!
  15. sparklehead83

PSN ID
    sparklehead83
    where do i get the TVR Tuscan Speed 6 RM by the way?
  16. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    Buy the TVR speed 6 from the car dealer and then you can apply the racing modification "RM" in the GT garage, right next where you change your car oil, wheels and other stuff.
    Once modified you can change the wheels, colors and number, which are the only other modifications the season cars are allowed.
  17. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    And brake Bias, allthough its more of a setting.
  18. sparklehead83

PSN ID
    sparklehead83
    any news on what tyres will be allowed? also which 'assist' settings will be allowed? (such as abs, tcs, steering assist etc etc..) just so i can get a feel for the car set up the way we are racing it.
  19. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    Only traction control and ABS are allowed, tires are yet to be determined.
  20. sparklehead83

PSN ID
    sparklehead83
    good stuff, the only ones i ever use is steering assist (sometimes) and abs anyway. i feel traction control takes sooo much skill out of driving the big power cars, i usually prefer to tune suspension, lsd and a light foot to keep traction under control